Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:48 pm

Baggage options?

I'm flying Srilankan Air from BKK to CMB. Connecting to QR CMB-DOH. Arriving at 5 AM. Using free hotel (IC) and leaving at 8 AM the next day for DOH-PHL.

Booked on QR multi-city option. If I wasn't stopping in DOH for over 24 hours, I could have the bags checked through from BKK-PHL. But since I'm stopping to take advantage of the free hotel offer to do some sightseeing, can I still check my bag through from BKK-PHL?

Last edited by njfan07; Apr 22, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:32 am

In case anyone else has the same question I asked about baggage options, here's what happened. The Srilankan desk couldn't ticket the bag through to PHL and I had to claim the bag in DOH. I even asked the QR people in BKK but they didn't know the answer and said that the UL check-in would tell me if it was possible.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:00 am

I'm looking to book a multi-city booking arriving at Doha at 5pm and leaving Doha at 02.55 about 34 hours later.

How long will I be able to have the hotel room for with the free stopover.

Say, I check-in at about 7pm. Could I have the room until 7pm the next day or do standard check-out times apply?
Old May 1, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TravelDream
I'm looking to book a multi-city booking arriving at Doha at 5pm and leaving Doha at 02.55 about 34 hours later.

How long will I be able to have the hotel room for with the free stopover.

Say, I check-in at about 7pm. Could I have the room until 7pm the next day or do standard check-out times apply?
If you look at the thread, you will find loads of times people ask that same question and others provide specific information about their experience in various hotels.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm pretty sure of the answer to this, but never hurts to get a second opinion.

I'm flying UL BKK-CMB on one ticket. Then a two hour layover followed by a separate ticket of CMB-DOH (QR codeshare on UL operated flight) connecting to QR DOH-PHL. I'll have to go landside at CMB and get my bag, no prob with that.

But when I check in again at CMB, I assume that UL at CMB will check the bag through to PHL, right?
Old May 2, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Can't recall, do you get the free night if you are travelling on a QMiles redemption (in business class) ?

Seems unlikely given they won't even allow you lounge access on reward redemptions now :-(
Gits.

Mind you, surely the free night is provided by or subsidised by the Qatar state somehow (as a way of getting people to stay in Doha).

Also have dropped from Plat to Gold recently, any idea if this effects these things ?
Old May 2, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Seems unlikely given they won't even allow you lounge access on reward redemptions now :-(
Gits.
The rule applies to upgrades with miles not awards.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Can't recall, do you get the free night if you are travelling on a QMiles redemption (in business class) ?

Gits.

Mind you, surely the free night is provided by or subsidised by the Qatar state somehow (as a way of getting people to stay in Doha).

Also have dropped from Plat to Gold recently, any idea if this effects these things ?
Yes you will get a free night with an award ticket. And even 1 per way if you booked your return tickets as 2 one ways (which is advisable as it's far more convenient if you need to change the outbound or inbound ticket).
There's no restriction for lounge access with award tickets.
Your status won't have any impact on QR lounges access, as you have a J award, or free hotel night.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
If you look at the thread, you will find loads of times people ask that same question and others provide specific information about their experience in various hotels.
I've looked at the last twenty pages and can't find the answer.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by TravelDream
I've looked at the last twenty pages and can't find the answer.
The hotels will work around your flight times to provide accommodation.

QR's schedules mean hotels get used to awkward arrival and departure times. Demand in Doha isn't (generally) at a level that makes coping with these too difficult.

If it reassures you, then why not mail/phone the hotel.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Stayed in Hilton for one night, couldn't check in at 6am. Had to wait 4h and they didn't recognise my Gold status (no perks, upgrades). Other than that, everything went well!
Old May 9, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Akkku
Stayed in Hilton for one night, couldn't check in at 6am. Had to wait 4h and they didn't recognise my Gold status (no perks, upgrades). Other than that, everything went well!
hey, was thinking of staying at Hilton. Is it far from airport and is there any shuttle to the airport? I’m a diamond member but guess that won’t help...?
Old May 10, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by capt787
hey, was thinking of staying at Hilton. Is it far from airport and is there any shuttle to the airport? I’m a diamond member but guess that won’t help...?
The closest hotel (and AFAIK the only one to offer a shuttle when booking via +Qatar) is the Rotana.

BTW: I'm not seeing the Hilton (or the IC) anymore and it seems as if they have updated the list of hotels. Souq Waqif boutique hotel is back and the Al Aziziyah Boutique hotel is new compared to last month's selection.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by WorldLux
The closest hotel (and AFAIK the only one to offer a shuttle when booking via +Qatar) is the Rotana.
I believe the Holiday Inn offers a shuttle, but with a service frequency of two hours or longer, you might want to forget about it ...

It's a perfectly nice hotel in a not-so-nice area

Originally Posted by WorldLux
... I'm not seeing the Hilton (or the IC) anymore and it seems as if they have updated the list of hotels.
Don't be lazy Click through to the second page. Both hotels are there.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I Will be arriving in DOH at midnight, Taxi or uber to the warwick do folks Recommend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.