Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR has something big to share on the 24th / shot at UA !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR has something big to share on the 24th / shot at UA !

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by justatourist
*ahem*
ahem what?

In my opinion, Women have just as much of a place in the cockpit or in a maintenance hanger as they do in a aircraft galley or check in desk but that doesn't mean that I am going to dance around being all PC.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I guess Chiang Mai isn't happening now. But Pattaya really REALLY surprises me, would match them announcing Swansea instead of Cardiff.
They should consider ADX...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Local press report on Cardiff announcement.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/busines...lands-12935194
Looks like its getting a lot of thumbs up.

Up until recently you used to be able to get a one stop flight to Doha from the regional airports such as Cardiff, Bristol etc until KLM stopped their AMS-DOH flights. Frequently used by family of mine coming to visit as well as expat colleagues who are based no where near any of the big airports.

However, even if it does happen I bet like BHX it will be more expensive than LHR, poor flight times and I doubt it will be daily. I bet they don't even do a
Friday flight (the chosen day of travel for us ME expats!)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Cardiff

my first thought about Cardiff was that this won't be daily and that they will somehow try to link this to use of the BA maintenance facility in Cardiff who already do work for the Norwegian Dreamliner fleet. For example, operate to Cardiff and stay on the ground overnight for an A check (10 - 12 hours, perhaps). Alternatively, operate to Cardiff and stay on the ground for 24 hours which I'd have thought would be long enough for a B check.

http://www.theqatarsource.com/ does sometimes show QR aircraft positioning to external maintenance bases and if their own maintenance bases are going to be busy installing Qsuite this could make sense. QR also have a significant shareholding in IAG so if you have to sub-out some maintenance, surely it must be best to keep it within the wider group?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.