Wiki Posts
Search

Two bookings for same pnr

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Two bookings for same pnr

Hi all I recently tried upgrading my v class sector lhr bkk on April 23rd but received the usual email...we've checked availability...so no luck with the u class upgrade however I noticed I've got 2 bookings on mmb one confirmed v class and one unconfirmed u class

Has anyone had this situation before as I haven't or should I be optimistic that it has a good chance of being confirmed?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by spec119
Hi all I recently tried upgrading my v class sector lhr bkk on April 23rd but received the usual email...we've checked availability...so no luck with the u class upgrade however I noticed I've got 2 bookings on mmb one confirmed v class and one unconfirmed u class

Has anyone had this situation before as I haven't or should I be optimistic that it has a good chance of being confirmed?
After an online upgrade request (with QCredits) I recently had the situation that the QR Android App showd me 2 confirmed bookings, one in Y and one in C whereas with MMB on the webpage I could see only the confirmed Y booking. At check was some massive confusion and I was told to wait until they clarified with Doha. After 30 minutes I got my Y boarding pass with the explanation that "something went wrong with the upgrade request".
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:33 am

spec119 you have been waitlisted for an upgrade. This is not an unusual occurence. I once had 3 flights on a booking with both confirmed and unconfirmed flights due to cancellations and schedule changes. It is very confusing when you first meet it but it is quite logical when you think about it. For a change QR is giving you all available information about your flights not just the current version!

P.S. when all the changes were in order QR even asked If I would like to change the fourth flight on the PNR rather than have to spend over 7 hours in DOH.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk
spec119 you have been waitlisted for an upgrade. This is not an unusual occurence. I once had 3 flights on a booking with both confirmed and unconfirmed flights due to cancellations and schedule changes. It is very confusing when you first meet it but it is quite logical when you think about it. For a change QR is giving you all available information about your flights not just the current version!

P.S. when all the changes were in order QR even asked If I would like to change the fourth flight on the PNR rather than have to spend over 7 hours in DOH.
thanks for that let's hope it confirms
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

thanks for that let's hope it confirms

Well I got my upgrade confirmed today so happy days not so pleased about the extra GBP75 tax
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:17 am

spec119 congratulations! Remember to sit back, relax and enjoy the flight.

With regard to the GBP75 you now know the extra cost of a J passenger in airport fees, security charges, lounge costs etc. Makes you think!
As I and many others have frequently said, and probably will as frequently in the future, 'There is no such thing as a free lunch!'
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:16 pm

Well I got my upgrade confirmed today so happy days not so pleased about the extra GBP75 tax
Congratulations on getting your upgrade!
My upgrades departing LHR have always been subject to additional fees. Maybe it is related to the UK's APD?
I've had other upgrades with Qmiles and Qcredits departing SIN, DOH, JFK - didn't have to pay any additional $.
Wonder if there are any other sectors where additional fees or taxes are required with upgrades?

As it happens, I'll be departing LHR on 23 April too! Called up for the upgrade, they put me on waitlist, and it was all sorted within a couple of hours! ^
Enjoy your flights to BKK!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Maybe it is related to the UK's APD?
I would think it's 100% related to APD and nothing at all to do with airport fees, lounge costs etc.

Wonder if there are any other sectors where additional fees or taxes are required with upgrades?
I don't even know if they are QR destinations, but two mentioned in similar conversations over on the EK forum are Lebanon and Pakistan.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Congratulations on getting your upgrade!
My upgrades departing LHR have always been subject to additional fees. Maybe it is related to the UK's APD?
I've had other upgrades with Qmiles and Qcredits departing SIN, DOH, JFK - didn't have to pay any additional $.

As it happens, I'll be departing LHR on 23 April too! Called up for the upgrade, they put me on waitlist, and it was all sorted within a couple of hours! ^
Enjoy your flights to BKK!
maybe it's the premium lounge I've never departed lhr on an award upgrade only revenue upgrades you have a good flight also

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.