Wiki Posts
Search

Technical Stop SGN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Technical Stop SGN

Hi,

Has anyone experienced the Technical Stop of 1h 10min in SGN en route from DOH to PHN lately? Can you stay on the plane for instance?

Cheers,
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:21 am

AndyGFLees it is not a technical stop but a scheduled stop to set down and take up passengers according to https://booking.qatarairways.com/nsp/views/index.xhtml.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite
I took the DOH-PNH flight over the new years holiday.
PNH passengers stay onboard in SGN, while there is a crew change and cleaners make their way through the cabin. In my experience the leg to and from PNH is usually pretty empty, except for an additional few stragglers that just join for just the SGN-PNH sector.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by remdk
AndyGFLees it is not a technical stop but a scheduled stop to set down and take up passengers according to https://booking.qatarairways.com/nsp/views/index.xhtml.
Correct, but that is just terminology.

Whether passengers remain On-board, I'm not personally sure.

Hopefully someone on the Forum will know.

M
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
Pax stayed onboard once when I took the BKK-HAN 5th freedom, so they might as well here.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LX64A332
I took the DOH-PNH flight over the new years holiday.
PNH passengers stay onboard in SGN, while there is a crew change and cleaners make their way through the cabin. In my experience the leg to and from PNH is usually pretty empty, except for an additional few stragglers that just join for just the SGN-PNH sector.
Yep, this is my experience too. You stay on board and they clean around you!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

M
Transit passengers stay on board. At least we did the couple of times I did it. And it's a tidy up, get rid of the trash and plump the cushions, rather than a deep clean that goes on around you.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by remdk
PNH outbound and inbound passengers stay on board in SGN
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by florens
Pax stayed onboard once when I took the BKK-HAN 5th freedom, so they might as well here.
Different destinations may have different rules regarding this.

I know with EK, passengers in BKK on the DXB-BKK-HKG route stay on the aircraft, but on the DXB-BKK-SYD route they must disembark.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ft101
Different destinations may have different rules regarding this.

I know with EK, passengers in BKK on the DXB-BKK-HKG route stay on the aircraft, but on the DXB-BKK-SYD route they must disembark.
I suspect that in the above example for SYD the disembarkation might be do to with stricter requirements regarding liquids on passengers on inbound flights that cannot be enforced otherwise.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:18 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Transit passengers stay on board. At least we did the couple of times I did it. And it's a tidy up, get rid of the trash and plump the cushions, rather than a deep clean that goes on around you.
I've had this a few times at BKK, albeit I always disembark as BKK is my 'stop'.

Intelligently, they ask to see your boarding pass at the end of the jetway when you disembark!

M
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC
I've had this a few times at BKK, albeit I always disembark as BKK is my 'stop'.

Intelligently, they ask to see your boarding pass at the end of the jetway when you disembark!

M
It was similar process for me on an RJ flight to BKK (which continues to HKG) - cue chaos at the end of the jet way for most passengers as no one had been warned they would need their boarding passes to get into the airport.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
I suspect that in the above example for SYD the disembarkation might be do to with stricter requirements regarding liquids on passengers on inbound flights that cannot be enforced otherwise.
What I was getting at was there may be different requirements for different destinations, whether it be for security or any other reason. The post I replied to indicated that because PNH had a certain rule then so should HAN. No logic there I'm afraid.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:09 pm

ft101 I think you will find that there are two important factors in this regard.

1) The time spent on the ground
2) The willingness of the airline to pay the passenger airport charges.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
By and large on a quick stop the airline will prefer to keep you on board, otherwise getting you back can be like herding cats.

Transit passengers normally attract no aeronautical charge, or a much reduced one, whether they stay on board or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.