Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Dispute about date of Booking for Double Qmiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life

My wife and I made a First class trip with Qatar airways and I signed up for their offer of Double Miles. The text of the offer was ‘Book your flight from 1st – 7th November’. However, they claim that the booking was ‘reserved and completed on 08-Nov-2016’ which was after the closing date. (see below).

Dear Mr. Terbang,
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.
As per the confirmation received from our concerned team, we regret to inform you that as the booking reference xEx4KL was reserved and completed on 08-Nov-2016, we are unable to process your request for the bonus Qmiles in question.
Your understanding and co-operation in the matter is highly appreciated.
Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Privilege Club Team

I provided earlier already with the Booking details and payment details proofing that the booking and payment were completed on November 6, 2016 at 21.10 hours CET. (see below)

06-11-2016iDEAL EUR -x.767,80
EUR - x.767,80
Tegenrekening/IBAN
Rentedatum 06-11-2016
Transactiereferentie 06-11-2016 21:10

I also forwarded a trip Confirmation E-mail of Qatar Airways of November 7, 2016 at 10.51AM.

Qatar Airways Trip summary Booking reference (PNR) – 7xxxxR Trip summary Here is a summary of your itinerary, related information and price details. To see the latest flight details or to print a copy of your e-ticket, please use the 'Manage Booking' option on qatarairways.com. [email protected] 11/07/16 om 10:51 AM

Is this normal behaviour at Qatar Airways and how can I get a serious reply from Qatar Privilege Club?? Your help is very much appreciated.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Mar 28, 2017 at 2:51 pm Reason: Removed personal details for protection
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Terbang
My wife and I made a First class trip with Qatar airways and I signed up for their offer of Double Miles. The text of the offer was ‘Book your flight from 1st – 7th November’. However, they claim that the booking was ‘reserved and completed on 08-Nov-2016’ which was after the closing date. (see below).

Dear Mr. Terbang,
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.
As per the confirmation received from our concerned team, we regret to inform you that as the booking reference xEx4KL was reserved and completed on 08-Nov-2016, we are unable to process your request for the bonus Qmiles in question.
Your understanding and co-operation in the matter is highly appreciated.
Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Privilege Club Team

I provided earlier already with the Booking details and payment details proofing that the booking and payment were completed on November 6, 2016 at 21.10 hours CET. (see below)

06-11-2016iDEAL EUR -x.767,80
EUR - x.767,80
Tegenrekening/IBAN
Rentedatum 06-11-2016
Transactiereferentie 06-11-2016 21:10

I also forwarded a trip Confirmation E-mail of Qatar Airways of November 7, 2016 at 10.51AM.

Qatar Airways Trip summary Booking reference (PNR) – 7xxxxR Trip summary Here is a summary of your itinerary, related information and price details. To see the latest flight details or to print a copy of your e-ticket, please use the 'Manage Booking' option on qatarairways.com. [email protected] 11/07/16 om 10:51 AM

Is this normal behaviour at Qatar Airways and how can I get a serious reply from Qatar Privilege Club?? Your help is very much appreciated.
I had the same issue for the current travel festival promo bonus qmiles. I insisted and they transferred my request to an other department and I received the miles. Sadly the only way when it comes to miles (earn or spend) is to harass them

Last edited by Zol; Mar 29, 2017 at 2:17 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jeff_
I had the same issue for the current travel festival promo bonus qmiles. I insisted and they transferred my request to an other department and I received the miles. Sadly the only way when it comes to miles (earn or spend) is to harass them
It looks like it is Qatar policy to dispute the offers they made!!
Do you have the name of the Department that finally solved your issue???
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:52 am
Suspended

It looks like it is Qatar policy to dispute the offers they made!!
Do you have the name of the Department that finally solved your issue???
Unfortunately not. After some ping pong emails with membercvc they finally transferred my request and everything went really smooth after that. The reply I had from the "so called" department were still signed from Qatar Privilege Club.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Received today a reply from Qatar priviledge club.

They now state that my booking on November 6 was cancelled on the 8 of November but reinstated with a new PNR on the same day (November 8).
As the offer for double miles was from Nov 1 - Nov 7 the second PNR is not eligible for the double miles. I did not even notice the PNR change.

Has anybody any experience with this phenomenon (PNR cancelling and reinstating the same day)??
Is there a possibility that Qatar did this themselves for whatever reason or are OTA's doing this??
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:42 pm

Is there a possibility that Qatar did this themselves for whatever reason or are OTA's doing this??
You never mentioned an OTA before as far as I can see. You should ask them.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Of course I asked my OTA (Gate1.nl) and also Qatar Airways via E-mail who of them had made the cancellation and reinstate the booking again.

The reason why I ask here for information is to have a better understanding of what might have happend and be a better counterpart in further discussions with both of them.
As you all know discussions with OTA's are often not that easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.