Upgrade with Q credit - waitlisting

Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: QR GO, SQ KFEG
I just called QR Priority Services in Doha yesterday to request for an upgrade using Qcredits LHR-DOH-SIN. Travel date ~ 1 month away. Availability J6 on EF at the time of request.

They put me on waitlist and the upgrade was confirmed within an hour or two. Both the waitlist and the upgrade confirmation changes were reflected on the MyFlights app when I refreshed the booking.

I recall being on waitlist for up to 2 weeks with other requests in the past. Guess it all depends on how far away the flights are, and whether they think they can still sell revenue tickets?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Quick question regarding waitlisting when applying for an upgrade.

Requested a Y-J upgrade using Qcredits and applied for this online BKK>DOH>LHR leg of itinerary (8th July)

c. 10 days later I received the standard apology email explaining they are carefully managed and that there is no availability. Subsequently thought of calling up the Priority line, but never got round to it, or checked MMB

I logged in today to check status of my flights (in light of the current geopolitical situation) and noted that the BKK>DOH>LHR leg of my itinerary in MMB has two parts:

'Unconfirmed' flights - stating Business (U) - cannot access seat maps etc.

'Confirmed' flights - original booking class (V) - full access to seat maps

Have to admit I haven't seen this before, but was wondering whether this is normal, or am I actually waitlisted at the moment?

No intention to call and find out, as in light of current events there are those that have far more pressing problems than mine.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by HpW1981
Quick question regarding waitlisting when applying for an upgrade.

Requested a Y-J upgrade using Qcredits and applied for this online BKK>DOH>LHR leg of itinerary (8th July)

c. 10 days later I received the standard apology email explaining they are carefully managed and that there is no availability. Subsequently thought of calling up the Priority line, but never got round to it, or checked MMB

I logged in today to check status of my flights (in light of the current geopolitical situation) and noted that the BKK>DOH>LHR leg of my itinerary in MMB has two parts:

'Unconfirmed' flights - stating Business (U) - cannot access seat maps etc.

'Confirmed' flights - original booking class (V) - full access to seat maps

Have to admit I haven't seen this before, but was wondering whether this is normal, or am I actually waitlisted at the moment?

No intention to call and find out, as in light of current events there are those that have far more pressing problems than mine.
Yes you're waitlisted, but with QR Gold status you can call them 3 months prior to departure to request release in redemption seats.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Ok sorry if this is a stupid question. I have 2 tranches of Qcredits the one which came with gold and then the ones that came with platinum.

1. My gold ones have a mid February expiration and my platinum ones mid may. Can I use the Gold ones to upgrade a flight next year in late February? Assuming the right fare class and I book now?

2. I have a lot of travel comming this year, if I requalify for gold again this year do I get another 40 Qcredits? Or would it roll into 2018 and this have a January 1st issuance?

it seems kinda wierd to me that once you hit platinum there are no more Qcredit perks to keep flying beyond the goal.

thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by bison1847
Ok sorry if this is a stupid question. I have 2 tranches of Qcredits the one which came with gold and then the ones that came with platinum.

1. My gold ones have a mid February expiration and my platinum ones mid may. Can I use the Gold ones to upgrade a flight next year in late February? Assuming the right fare class and I book now?

2. I have a lot of travel comming this year, if I requalify for gold again this year do I get another 40 Qcredits? Or would it roll into 2018 and this have a January 1st issuance?

it seems kinda wierd to me that once you hit platinum there are no more Qcredit perks to keep flying beyond the goal.

thanks!
bison1847 the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

I am going to use fixed dates in the following so as to make my explanation of a complicated concept easier to understand. Please adjust to your dates.

Except for Qmiles expiry QR do not have fixed dates for tier expiry etc but let them roll through the calendar. Thus if you achieve Gold 15 th. February then you are gold up to 14 February next year, and your Qcredits are valid for one year from award. Thus they will expire if not used by 14 Februray 2018. The 16 th. May you reached Platinum and were awarded a further 60 Qcredits which expire if not used by 15 May 2018. On 15 May your membership year was reset so that your year now runs from 16 May 2017 to 15 May 2018 when the 60 Qcredits expire. The expiry date of Qcredits does not change. They are valid for precisely one year.

To use the 40 Qcredits you need to have requested, and received an upgrade on flights up to almost one year in advance (I think the limit is actually 350 days but I am not sure). When you use Qcredits for a future upgrade they are used and will not expire.

Do not worry about Gold status now that you are Platinum.

At 23.59 15th. May 2018 your account will be evaluated to see if you qualify to retain your Platinum status or not. If you requalify then you will receive a new batch of 60 Qcredits, replacing any unused Qcredits that expire at that time.If you do not requalify

I am afraid this is a longwinded reply dealing with a difficult concept so please ask again if you have further questions.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: QR Platinum
obsolete

Last edited by toz100; Jun 8, 2017 at 2:20 am Reason: already answered by remdk
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:46 am

toz100 this is a very complicated concept for some (many) to understand so please do not let my reply stop you. The more constructive explanations the better in my opinion.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by remdk
toz100 this is a very complicated concept for some (many) to understand so please do not let my reply stop you. The more constructive explanations the better in my opinion.
remdk I started to write a reply when I realized that you already answered the questions and I could not contribute more than what you already have said. Your statements are always extremely helpful and comprehensive and moreover as a native speaker you can explain better than I could.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by bison1847

thanks!
You do not get 40 Qcredits for Gold if you immediately requalify for Platnium. However, you can perform a controlled downgrade to gold and be back in Plat with one flight in Gold, by crediting excessive flights to another programme, in which case you will earn 100Qcredits as opposed to 60.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.