Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday cake?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold
Birthday cake?

Does Qatar offer birthday cakes if travelling on your birthday - we'll be in J on the A380?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:43 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by andyedinburgh
Does Qatar offer birthday cakes if travelling on your birthday - we'll be in J on the A380?
You haven't met aceboy then have you?
jinglish and makrom like this.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by andyedinburgh
finaly you are in luck aceboy, fly the Qsuite and get one!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:15 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
This was discussed recently but I'm on mobile so cannot find the thread.

I'll leave this open until the morning...or until the aceboy comments become tiresome!

M
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:04 pm

In the Q-Suites video today, it looks like you can get (comped or ordered?) some sort of cake.

Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:16 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Whats with the “I want a cake on a plane” thing? I don’t get it, really I don’t. Mind you aceboy's inputs are always highly amusing
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:28 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
This was discussed recently but I'm on mobile so cannot find the thread.

I'll leave this open until the morning...or until the aceboy comments become tiresome!

M
One of the more recent discussions...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...highlight=cake
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by NoY
Whats with the “I want a cake on a plane” thing? I don’t get it, really I don’t. Mind you aceboy's inputs are always highly amusing

I really don't get it either, especially if you request this yourself. If they would do this on their effort if would be a nice and attentive gesture though.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:08 am

Birthday cake - I think not. this is just a still picture from a video. Look at the situation on the video and I think that the situation is much more unique than just a birthday.

This could be a new J offering or it could also be one of ABBs usual say one thing and then do almost the opposite.

This is a marketing video after all!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF/KL Platinum, QR Gold (OW Sapphire), A-Club Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
Birthday cake - I think not. this is just a still picture from a video. Look at the situation on the video and I think that the situation is much more unique than just a birthday.

This could be a new J offering or it could also be one of ABBs usual say one thing and then do almost the opposite.

This is a marketing video after all!
I'm sure it's quite often (and rarely done) up to the crew. On my last flight in C on QR190 from VIE to DOH one lady got a happy birthday wishes along with a fruit composition that looked like a bday cake from the crew. But I don't know, if the crew had any info about her Bday, or was it her husband that inquired about it on board etc.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:51 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Zolex
I really don't get it either, especially if you request this yourself. If they would do this on their effort if would be a nice and attentive gesture though.
Agree totally ^
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Forget the damn cake! If I am travelling business class I don't want to feel like someone else is getting preferential treatment.
As a customer, I want to feel like I am being treated as number one, or at least the same as my fellow business class passengers. If you want a flipping cake, go to some tacky place like Chillies or TGIF, they will also smack some pans and sing you a silly song for your personal amusement too
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:28 am

On my last flight from DOH to AMS the couple in front of me got a cake because the flight was delayed by 1 hour and they had a tight connection in AMS on a separate ticket.
So no need to waste your birthday in a plane and just cry a bit around :-)
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by dbru
On my last flight from DOH to AMS the couple in front of me got a cake because the flight was delayed by 1 hour and they had a tight connection in AMS on a separate ticket.
With "Congratulations" written on it?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dbru
I have no words!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.