Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 10:36 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by future elite
I used AA miles to book an award ticket BEY-AMM-DOH-IAH with the AMM-DOH leg in coach because there was no BEY-DOH availability. RJ cancelled the first BEY-AMM flight, and the itinerary that was rebooked had me arrive in Doha after my DOH-IAH flight departed...

I called AA, and they are offering me the change the routing BEY-LHR-IAH with BEY-LHR in coach. This trip may be my last BEY-USA trip, and I really want to try Q-Suites and keep my DOH-IAH Q-Suites flights.

I am considering booking a paid QR coach ticket for BEY-DOH. The connection time would be 3 hr 25 min. According to the first post and some of the recent replies, Qatar would check my bag in BEY through to IAH even though they are on separate tickets. Is this still correct or has anything changed? Does the fact that the DOH-IAH tickets was booked on AA change anything?
it doesn’t, and QR will be happy to check you in all the way to IAH, but importantly, you will want to call AA to reissue your ticket to be DOH-IAH only (dropping BEY-AMM-DOH), because otherwise, missing the BEY-AMM-DOH sectors will invalidate the rest of your ticket, so be sure to do that
Old May 18, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
A data point for those that may be interested... flew KUL-BKK yesterday on Thai to connect on to a separate ticket QR flight back to Europe.

The staff member at the handling agent representing Thai proactively offered to check my bags through when she found out I was connecting onwards from BKK. She even offered to check my bag through on the 3rd separate ticket on BA from Milan to LHR. Didn't want to chance my arm on the last one though!

Originally Posted by hsmall
I amtravelling JNB-DOH-OSL-LHR where OSL-LHR is on a separate BA PNR. I will ask them to check baggage through and report back. Does anyone happen to have any experience either way of whether JNB checkin staff are nice about interlining to other Oneworld airlines on separate bookings?

Thanks
If you go onto the OneWorld section of the QR website, under "seamless service" you will find a paragraph which you can print off which states QR's policy. Incidentally, on one of my last Stockholm trips the checkin agent had a QR corporate branded flight briefing sheet on her counter (not for public viewing but I caught a glimpse) which had load details, aircraft details etc. Anyway, in the footnotes there was a reminder that they should through check as per customer requests on OneWorld airlines... I imagine they're a common document at QR stations throughout the world. You would hope...
stephenjc likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:38 pm

Any experience Interlining to QR from VA. I am flying CNS-SYD-DOH. Will I be able to check my luggage through (I have a 6 hour layover at SYD). The itinerary is on ticket, issued by QR.

Thanks

Last edited by USAflyer; Jun 11, 2019 at 3:55 pm
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USAflyer
Any experience Interlining to QR from VA. I am flying CNS-SYD-DOH. Will I be able to check my luggage through (I have a 6 hour layover at SYD). The itinerary is on ticket, issued by QR.
More of a question for the VA forum, as that is the airline who will do the transfer (if successful). If not 6 hours is plenty of time
If all on 1 ticket would expect VA to transfer. If overnight would not be done, as SYD will not hold bags overnight.
Are you familiar with the SYD T2 to SYD T1 shuffle?
https://www.sydneyairport.com.au/inf...ween-terminals
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by USAflyer

Thanks
Yes, as it's all on one ticket your bag will be checked through.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK*G, A3*G
Tried to interline a checked bag from MUC-DOH-MNL on QR J to SQ MNL-SIN. Flat out no from the agent and station manager , unless it was a Oneworld carrier. Led to a bit of grief at MNL but had help from the ground staff to clear immigration and re-check the said bag.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by jeffrysky
Tried to interline a checked bag from MUC-DOH-MNL on QR J to SQ MNL-SIN. Flat out no from the agent and station manager , unless it was a Oneworld carrier. Led to a bit of grief at MNL but had help from the ground staff to clear immigration and re-check the said bag.
This is completely to be expected.... I hope you didn't give the MUC staff too much grief for actually following the policy correctly!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK*G, A3*G
Originally Posted by Schwann
This is completely to be expected.... I hope you didn't give the MUC staff too much grief for actually following the policy correctly!
Oh I just gave a pouty face didn’t move them obviously
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Is there a limit to the number of OW carriers and sectors you can do this on? I'm departing on a JL flight to Singapore onto Doha on QR then BA to LHR (don't ask). Is there any chance of through checking my bags to London at NRT?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
If JL will do it, then in theory yes.
BUT bear in mind that I think you will need two luggage tags on your bag as you can only get 3 sectors on one tag.

I did think about doing in for a recent MH KCH - SIN, QR SIN - ARN, BA ARN - LHR itenary. I had about 12 hours between flights at SIN. But the MH check-in agent at Kuching on the business class counter was being so inefficient with everything and consequently the queue was moving very slowly I didn't have the will to even ask as this would have probably resulted in a disaster. But the saving grace at SIN is that immigration and baggage is efficient and usually super quick. And with the advent of the Jewel at SIN now, QR have have an early check in counter available, so we were able to dump our bags there for the day, and after reminding the agents of QR policy and consulting a colleague they were able to check through bags to London with BA at the early check-in counter.

Hopefully some food for thought.
​​​​
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by plunet
If JL will do it, then in theory yes.
BUT bear in mind that I think you will need two luggage tags on your bag as you can only get 3 sectors on one tag.

I did think about doing in for a recent MH KCH - SIN, QR SIN - ARN, BA ARN - LHR itenary. I had about 12 hours between flights at SIN. But the MH check-in agent at Kuching on the business class counter was being so inefficient with everything and consequently the queue was moving very slowly I didn't have the will to even ask as this would have probably resulted in a disaster. But the saving grace at SIN is that immigration and baggage is efficient and usually super quick. And with the advent of the Jewel at SIN now, QR have have an early check in counter available, so we were able to dump our bags there for the day, and after reminding the agents of QR policy and consulting a colleague they were able to check through bags to London with BA at the early check-in counter.

Hopefully some food for thought.
​​​​
Funnily enough I will be doing this exact routing in August and was wondering about interring my bags. I have had success in MH KCH-KUL, QR KUL-DOH-LHR before but have never done it with more sectors than that.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Interlining with FlyBe(BE) I've seen BE listed as an interline partner of QR. When I return to the UK do you think there is any chance of QR checking our luggage all the way to BE on a separate PNR?

LF
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Schwann
A data point for those that may be interested... flew KUL-BKK yesterday on Thai to connect on to a separate ticket QR flight back to Europe.

The staff member at the handling agent representing Thai proactively offered to check my bags through when she found out I was connecting onwards from BKK. She even offered to check my bag through on the 3rd separate ticket on BA from Milan to LHR. Didn't want to chance my arm on the last one though!

If you go onto the OneWorld section of the QR website, under "seamless service" you will find a paragraph which you can print off which states QR's policy. Incidentally, on one of my last Stockholm trips the checkin agent had a QR corporate branded flight briefing sheet on her counter (not for public viewing but I caught a glimpse) which had load details, aircraft details etc. Anyway, in the footnotes there was a reminder that they should through check as per customer requests on OneWorld airlines... I imagine they're a common document at QR stations throughout the world. You would hope...
Just to say that they did do it but I had to get a supervisor to overrule the agent, whose English may not have quite grasped my point the first time. They were very polite.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:07 am

LimitingFactor QR will interline baggage across reservations provided they are OW flights, otherwise not.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club, MH Enrich
Just checking in at LGW for CGK via DOH. I have an onwards to KUL on MH bought separately but the check-in agent insisted that since they cannot see the booking on the screen they can't check the bags through.

Called the supervisor and she confirmed that they are unable to do it as it needs to be on the screen. Running out of time so just decided to grab bags and recheck at CGK.

What happened there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.