Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by BigVince76
Hi, my wife and I are taking our first QR trip and I have a quick question about our return flight. We are travelling AKL-DOH-OSL, then on a separate ticket OSL-LHR with BA.I have read that checking in a bag all the way to London from Auckland should be possible. We are in business class on QR and economy on BA. We have a 2:50 connection at OSL, it was longer when we booked it but the QR flight times changed. I have purchased a ticket on BA that includes a checked in bag. From reading this forum some have mentioned having to prove to the check in staff at Auckland that they are in business on the BA sector. Is this right? I can upgrade that last sector but would rather not waste money on BA’s short haul business class.
Did you have any success with this? I am doing the same route in March.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by BigVince76
Hi, my wife and I are taking our first QR trip and I have a quick question about our return flight. We are travelling AKL-DOH-OSL, then on a separate ticket OSL-LHR with BA.I have read that checking in a bag all the way to London from Auckland should be possible. We are in business class on QR and economy on BA. We have a 2:50 connection at OSL, it was longer when we booked it but the QR flight times changed. I have purchased a ticket on BA that includes a checked in bag. From reading this forum some have mentioned having to prove to the check in staff at Auckland that they are in business on the BA sector. Is this right? I can upgrade that last sector but would rather not waste money on BA’s short haul business class.
Qatar staff at AKL were happy to check through my luggage AKL to ARN in biz through to a ARN to LHR on BA econoy, no issue at all, Bags arrived very quickly with priorty tags at heathrow
stephenjc and Abyssin like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:44 am

Does anyone have information about the maximum connection time between the QR-flight(s) and the connecting oneworld flight when connecting in Doha?

Would it be possible to let my bags "stored" in Doha for >24hrs?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Just to advise that QR at Doha had no problem interlining the baggage on a separate PNR, DOH-ARN-LHR with a BA connection, a shame BA at LHR would not do the same LHR-ARN-DOH.
stewaran likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: qr
never had a problem with QR interlining on separate PNR's though have had too stand my ground a few times - BA no hope they used to but changed their rules a few years ago
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
retract

Last edited by Snuggs; Mar 19, 2019 at 9:32 pm
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: KF, VA, QF, AA
Has anyone managed to successfully interline baggage connecting through DOH on two seperate PNR, with the first leg being QR and the second TK (non Oneworld Alliance)?

My issue is that I have a short connection (75mins) in DOH. Originally I was going hand luggage only so no problem..but now will be needing to check bags. I tweeted QR and they said to present to the transfer desk on arrival into DOH and they would transfer my luggage without me having to go through immigration.
I guess my question is, how would this actually work? I'm assuming my bag will only be tagged to DOH initially from Singapore...wouldn't that mean they'd have to get someone to intercept it on the carousel in DOH and then get it retagged and onto the TK flight in 75mins. Is this how it would work?
The only other option I can think of is to do the above myself, going through customs, collect bags, check into TK (if its still open!) and go through security again. If I'm required to do this, will I need an entry visa for Qatar?

I dont want to waste time going to the transfer desk if they can't actually help me as time will be tight.

Has anyone ever managed to do something similar without having to go through immigration in DOH?

cheers
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
Interlining Air Canada/Qatar Airways

I have a similar query. I just checked in at DOH counters, and I have a booking DOH-YUL (Montreal) on QR ticket and then a separate booking (PNR) on Air Canada from YUL to YHZ.

They informed me in DOH that I have to collect my bag in YUL and re-check it in on AC to Halifax - not a big issue as I have to clear immigration in any case and have ± 3 hrs.

I am interested how it works though(?) - Qatar Airways and Air Canada have an interlining agreement but Air Canada is not Oneworld partner - so what is the purpose/benefit of the interlining agreement? Is it only when you have a single PNR?

Thanks
SF
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I had interlined previously (2018) with separate tickets OW to *A

Bkk-doh-vce QR vce-zrh-gva LX
bkk-doh-arn QR arn-gva SK
bkk-doh-vce QR vce-muc LH

​​​Staff at VCE complained because they need to re-attach the luggage number to my LX or LH booking (do that at the gate before boarding).
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:22 am

Hi all, I’m flying SYD-DOH-OSL-BGO where OSL-BGO is on SAS (Scandinavian Airlines). All on one PNR. Will my bags be checked all the way to BGO from Sydney?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
If im not wrong, even if they tag your luggage all the way to BGO, you will have to pick up your luggage in OSL since you have to go thru customs.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
I amtravelling JNB-DOH-OSL-LHR where OSL-LHR is on a separate BA PNR. I will ask them to check baggage through and report back. Does anyone happen to have any experience either way of whether JNB checkin staff are nice about interlining to other Oneworld airlines on separate bookings?

Thanks
Old May 18, 2019, 3:18 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hsmall
I amtravelling JNB-DOH-OSL-LHR where OSL-LHR is on a separate BA PNR. I will ask them to check baggage through and report back. Does anyone happen to have any experience either way of whether JNB checkin staff are nice about interlining to other Oneworld airlines on separate bookings?

Thanks
I mean, QR officially allows check through to OW partners, even on separate tickets. This won't happen when you're checking in with BA, and hoping to check through to QR, but will happen the other way around.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I mean, QR officially allows check through to OW partners, even on separate tickets. This won't happen when you're checking in with BA, and hoping to check through to QR, but will happen the other way around.
That's what I thought. Thank you.
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:48 am

I used AA miles to book an award ticket BEY-AMM-DOH-IAH with the AMM-DOH leg in coach because there was no BEY-DOH availability. RJ cancelled the first BEY-AMM flight, and the itinerary that was rebooked had me arrive in Doha after my DOH-IAH flight departed...

I called AA, and they are offering me the change the routing BEY-LHR-IAH with BEY-LHR in coach. This trip may be my last BEY-USA trip, and I really want to try Q-Suites and keep my DOH-IAH Q-Suites flights.

I am considering booking a paid QR coach ticket for BEY-DOH. The connection time would be 3 hr 25 min. According to the first post and some of the recent replies, Qatar would check my bag in BEY through to IAH even though they are on separate tickets. Is this still correct or has anything changed? Does the fact that the DOH-IAH tickets was booked on AA change anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.