Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
yes ARN itself. I was looking at Akl-DOH-ARN-LHR and wanted to make sure I could make it.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:21 pm

does anyone have any experience with interlining baggage from QR to BA's Comair or Kulula in South Africa?
Old May 7, 2017, 5:23 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hkgg
does anyone have any experience with interlining baggage from QR to BA's Comair or Kulula in South Africa?
When you arrive in South Africa you have to collect your bags regardless and check in again due to customs clearing.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get some clarification about QR interlining policy.

I recently flew SIN-KUL on MH and KUL-DOH-MUC on QR. I booked the MH and QR flights separately. In SIN, I had no issues checking my bags all the way through to MUC once the check in lady confirmed that it was possible with her supervisor.

My return leg MUC-DOH-KUL on QR and KUL-SIN on MH was a different story. Check in lady referred me to her supervisor who told me it couldn't be done. When I told her that it had been done for my trip to MUC she made a phone call. After hanging up she informed me that she would "do it just this once" and I was "not to do it again".

Sent some feedback to QR about this and this is the response I got -

"Please allow us to share that the agreement made within oneworld alliance in the carriage of baggage is for every partner carrier to accommodate tagging of baggage if the flight is booked in the same reservation. As your onward flight was on a separate booking, our staff would be unable to accommodate tagging your baggage through to your final destination even if the flight was operated by a oneworld partner carrier. Nonetheless, it is up to the operating carrier whether they would like to offer service beyond the agreed arrangement when accommodating customers."

I emailed back directing them to the QR website with this link - http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...s-service.page and asked them to clarify this and this is the response I got -

"Further to your email below, we would like to inform you that different flights with separate tickets can be made in one booking and only when through check-in can be offered. We were unable to do so on your situation as your flights have both separate tickets and different booking reference codes. "

So now I'm confused. Help?

Thanks everyone!
Old May 9, 2017, 2:34 am

saltyoei welcome to FlyerTalk and especially to the QR forum.

I am not surprised that you are confused! The answers you have been given both in MUC and by CS have been the answers you would expect prior to the change of rules 1st March.

This is typical QR where 'Knowledge is power' thrives and no one is willing to give away their power even to those who need it to assist customers!

Maybe you should try again quoting https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airwa...-baggage-rules or even this thread as the source of your knowledge. You would help CS and other passengers in similar situations if you did the job that the lazy management should have done weeks ago!
Old May 9, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Welcome to the forum, @saltyoei

This is indeed a lazy response from QR. The whole point of the policy (that they promoted!) is that baggage will be interlined across separate tickets as long as the minimum connection time is met. Just to make sure they can't use this as a getout clause, what was the time between your flights at KUL?

Good to know MH are interlining across separate PNRs without telling you off!
Old May 9, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by remdk
saltyoei welcome to FlyerTalk and especially to the QR forum.

I am not surprised that you are confused! The answers you have been given both in MUC and by CS have been the answers you would expect prior to the change of rules 1st March.

This is typical QR where 'Knowledge is power' thrives and no one is willing to give away their power even to those who need it to assist customers!

Maybe you should try again quoting https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airwa...-baggage-rules or even this thread as the source of your knowledge. You would help CS and other passengers in similar situations if you did the job that the lazy management should have done weeks ago!
Maybe it's not a fault to use QR's own Webpage also:
http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/on...s-service.page
Old May 9, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA PPro
quick question. I"m at LAX in the oneworld lounge post security with my bag that I now want to check from LAX-DOH-SIN. Do I have to go out past security to land-side check in or will they check at the gate for me? Thanks
Old May 9, 2017, 1:40 pm

tfizzle please do not cross post! I have just answered your question on the Newbie thread.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Saw that. sorry!
Old May 10, 2017, 4:30 am

Hi all, just found this thread and I thought the following would be relevant (some maby esaw a similar post in the newbie sect):

All of this is with Qatar Airways.

I'm going to Hanoi in Sept from GVA-DOH-BKK-HANOI. My plan was to book GVA-BKK in business on one ticket and the last leg, also with Qatar, in Economy. This would save me some money, and it's anyway not possible to book multidestinations flights with multiple classes on the Qatar Airways website.
Best thing is, the leg from BKK to HAN is using the SAME plane, coming from Doha, it's essentially doing a pit stop in BKK.

Problem is, this would mean 2 tickets.

Since everything is via Qatar, i thought it would be no problem and we could checkin all bags in GVA all the way to HAN but it seems as this is now a gamble, and a pretty big one.

It's pretty crazy to think they would force me to disembark, go through custom, baggages pickup, checkin again, custom again to embark the SAME plane so I can finish my travel.

I've checked online and called QR in Zurich. Online it's vage, but the QR in Zurich had to look it up and after 5 mins later told me it's not possible since it's 2 different booking.

Now, I'll call again today to triple check, but seems like QR is doing the same policy as BA?

I personally think it's BS. Same airline, same plane, but can't checkin all the way through. A bit crazy to think.

I'll update if I have more news.

Edit #1: I just saw this article http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/oneworld-seamless-service.page
Now I'm even more confused? I need to call QR again. Being able to checkin thorugh would avoid so many hassle.

Edit #376: Called QR again. This time, they tried to do the booking themselves with the class change all the way to Hanoi but ended telling me their system didn't allow it to work.
I even quoted their own damn website on the phone:

"Through check-in Qatar Airways is pleased to offer passengers the courtesy of through check of themselves and their bags to their final destination when travelling on multi-sector journeys involving connections onto other oneworld member airlines, even when the trip is booked using separate tickets. However, customers should note that through check may not be possible on their return journey if there trip starts with another airline that does not provide the same level of service."

Even with this they couldn't confirm that I would be able to get the checkin through to Hanoi. It's on their website for god's sake.

Last edited by cephei; May 10, 2017 at 5:26 am
Old May 10, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by saltyoei
Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get some clarification about QR interlining policy.

I recently flew SIN-KUL on MH and KUL-DOH-MUC on QR. I booked the MH and QR flights separately. In SIN, I had no issues checking my bags all the way through to MUC once the check in lady confirmed that it was possible with her supervisor.

My return leg MUC-DOH-KUL on QR and KUL-SIN on MH was a different story. Check in lady referred me to her supervisor who told me it couldn't be done. When I told her that it had been done for my trip to MUC she made a phone call. After hanging up she informed me that she would "do it just this once" and I was "not to do it again".

Sent some feedback to QR about this and this is the response I got -

"Please allow us to share that the agreement made within oneworld alliance in the carriage of baggage is for every partner carrier to accommodate tagging of baggage if the flight is booked in the same reservation. As your onward flight was on a separate booking, our staff would be unable to accommodate tagging your baggage through to your final destination even if the flight was operated by a oneworld partner carrier. Nonetheless, it is up to the operating carrier whether they would like to offer service beyond the agreed arrangement when accommodating customers."

I emailed back directing them to the QR website with this link - http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...s-service.page and asked them to clarify this and this is the response I got -

"Further to your email below, we would like to inform you that different flights with separate tickets can be made in one booking and only when through check-in can be offered. We were unable to do so on your situation as your flights have both separate tickets and different booking reference codes. "

So now I'm confused. Help?

Thanks everyone!
Hi saltyoei,
I'm on the same itinerary as you next month. Am thinking of asking for my bags to be checked through on the outbound as I have 4h 40mins between MH620 and QR853 and don't want to be stuck before immigration waiting for the QR check-in counters to open.

On the way back, I have 2h 10m between QR848 and MH613. I hope they allow me to check my bags in all the way to SIN from MUC!
Old May 10, 2017, 10:25 am

All these problems QR are causing by not giving the front line staff the information they need to do their job! The answers QR are giving posters on this and the Newbie thread are way, way out of date!
Do not blame the CS staff they are only repeating what they are told is the policy. Blame the 'Knowledge is Power' management system and the attitude of top management that 'If it does not fly - Ignore it!'
I am reluctantly reaching the conclusion that CS staff could do a much better, and more satisfying job if they read the Flyertalk QR forum and acted upon what it contained!
It is an indication of the state of communication in QR that a group of interested 'bystanders' know more about the current rules and regulations than the staff who are supposed to implement them! (Rant over! )
Old May 10, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC gold
Tried to interline baggages on 2 May QR AMS-DOH-HND to CX HND-HKG. Got declined. Even the staff is helpful(?) enough to make a few calls to the manager to confirm and the answer is NO.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by meowycrystal
Tried to interline baggages on 2 May QR AMS-DOH-HND to CX HND-HKG. Got declined. Even the staff is helpful(?) enough to make a few calls to the manager to confirm and the answer is NO.
This is crazy, what did they have as an excuse? Have you shown them their website? I'm wondering what they will say when I'll pull out the print screen of their official statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.