Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:45 pm

If UA is anything like QR about informing front line check-in staff then you may get lucky!

Seriously I will say no it is not possible but some check-in staff do actually go beyond their instructions to help passengers!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
I've just travelled MUC-DOH-SIN on QR with a separate ticket on MH (KUL-SIN).

1) First, a slight #QatarCrisis retiming meant my arrival time into KUL was rescheduled to 15 mins later. This meant the amount of time between flights was reduced from 2h 10min to 1h 55min. I wasn't sure if that mattered as I can't remember if the cut-off is 1.5h or 2h.

2) What actually happened at MUC? The agent immediately said that it was not possible to check through two separate tickets. Thankfully, a gentleman in QR uniform overheard the conversation and informed the agent that oneworld flights can indeed be interlined and then talked her through the procedure. I presume the agents are from the ground handling agent.

3) I'd asked to change seats. She could do it for the QR flights and she could access the MH seat map. On MH, I was asking to be reseated to an emergency exit seat and she was unable to do that. Not sure if she could've moved me to a regular seat as I remained in my pre-allocated aisle seat.

4) I received BPs for all sectors. Even the boarding pass stock was differentiated by travel class (J on QR, Y on MH).

Ultimately, no problems in MUC though you may have to push for an interline, depending on the agent.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:54 am
BSS

Programs: BAEC Silver
Does anyone have any experience with interlining separate PNR baggage from LHR?
I am booked LHR-DOH-AKL in QR J & then AKL-SYD in QF J and hoping they will through check my baggage but have sufficient time in between the flights at AKL if they don't anyway.
It's just less hassle!
Thank you.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:41 am

BSS since 1st March this year QR will interline with any OW partner, even on separate reservations. Since QF is a member of Oneworld then your baggage will be checked through to SYD. But for the reverse journey QF will not check your bags through to LHR. Due to the airlines varying regulations, and a lack of communication, if you experience any problems at LHR just ask for a supervisor and it will be sorted out for you.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:02 am
BSS

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by remdk
BSS since 1st March this year QR will interline with any OW partner, even on separate reservations. Since QF is a member of Oneworld then your baggage will be checked through to SYD. But for the reverse journey QF will not check your bags through to LHR. Due to the airlines varying regulations, and a lack of communication, if you experience any problems at LHR just ask for a supervisor and it will be sorted out for you.
Thank you very much!

Flying back SYD-DOH-LHR so not an issue.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi all,

So just to confirm I'm flying BRU-DOH-CGK (QR) then CGK-HKG-NRT (CX).

QR paid ticket, CX redemption ticket. It's a 135 minute connection in CGK, the way I'm reading it QR should through check my luggage through to NRT from BRU.

My concern is that if in Brussels I have an issue in that they refuse to they check then there's no way I would clear immigration and make check in for the CX flights.

Question is do I go and expect QR to thru check me or take the safer option and take a later flight from CGK, thoughts?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:09 pm

Deanog1976 it is five months since the new rules were implemented so even the remotest check-in desk should have implemented them by now. In the unlikely event that the check-in clerk refuses your request ask for a supervisor and get it sorted.

In many airports, transfer desks can retrieve and relabel your luggage. I do not know if CGK offer this service or not.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
Deanog1976 it is five months since the new rules were implemented so even the remotest check-in desk should have implemented them by now. In the unlikely event that the check-in clerk refuses your request ask for a supervisor and get it sorted.

In many airports, transfer desks can retrieve and relabel your luggage. I do not know if CGK offer this service or not.
Thanks for your replies and time, much appreciated.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Has anyone had any luck trying to get United / Qatar flights with checked bags? I'm flying to IAH on UA, then QR on to SIN in July and back again 2 1/2 weeks later. Wondering if anyone else has had luck getting a UA agent to check bags on QR for them?
The only time I had a problem getting UA to do it was in February when the system couldn't find the airport in the system (WDH, a relatively new route for QR at the time). Other than that I have had UA check my bag through to them without batting an eye. They just need a copy of the reservation with the reservation number. And QR have always checked them back through to UA without a problem.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: Meow Mix
July 29th - ARN - doing ARN-DOH-AKL on QR then AKL-SYD on QF.

Agent said no interlining of any kind is possible on two separate tickets within OneWorld. I challenge but then gave up knowing that I have booked a 6 hour connection in AKL to land myself and check back in.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angeloedades
July 29th - ARN - doing ARN-DOH-AKL on QR then AKL-SYD on QF.

Agent said no interlining of any kind is possible on two separate tickets within OneWorld. I challenge but then gave up knowing that I have booked a 6 hour connection in AKL to land myself and check back in.
At an out station such as ARN the same company/people (Menzies, Dnata, etc) may service several OW airlines. Some like QR will interline on separate tickets and others like BA will not interline bags on separate tickets. Does make it difficult/unclear for the check in person.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
At an out station such as ARN the same company/people (Menzies, Dnata, etc) may service several OW airlines. Some like QR will interline on separate tickets and others like BA will not interline bags on separate tickets. Does make it difficult/unclear for the check in person.
When I flew QR from ARN they were using SAS for the ground handling. When checking in he seemed unsure about allocating me 1K and had to ask if he could do that.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mispost
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Advice sought

I'm travelling from Chiang Mai/Bangkok to Helsinki with QR, then on to London with BA on a separate ticket. I understand that QR will most likely interline my luggage through to London, so I shouldn't need to pick it up at Helsinki; however my connection at Helsinki is relatively tight at 1 hour 10 minutes. I think MCT at HEL is 45 minutes, so in theory all should be fine, however in the event that the inbound QR flight has been delayed, and I miss my connection to London, would QR then take responsibility for rebooking me onto a later flight to London, or would I be on my own?
If QR wouldn't take responsibility, would the position be different if both tickets had been issued on the same PNR?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
QR would/should not assume any responsibility for your onward travel in case of missed connection while on separate tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.