QR Interlining (Baggage)

Old Jan 9, 19, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by BigVince76 View Post
Hi, my wife and I are taking our first QR trip and I have a quick question about our return flight. We are travelling AKL-DOH-OSL, then on a separate ticket OSL-LHR with BA.I have read that checking in a bag all the way to London from Auckland should be possible. We are in business class on QR and economy on BA. We have a 2:50 connection at OSL, it was longer when we booked it but the QR flight times changed. I have purchased a ticket on BA that includes a checked in bag. From reading this forum some have mentioned having to prove to the check in staff at Auckland that they are in business on the BA sector. Is this right? I can upgrade that last sector but would rather not waste money on BAs short haul business class.
Did you have any success with this? I am doing the same route in March.
Old Jan 10, 19, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by BigVince76 View Post
Hi, my wife and I are taking our first QR trip and I have a quick question about our return flight. We are travelling AKL-DOH-OSL, then on a separate ticket OSL-LHR with BA.I have read that checking in a bag all the way to London from Auckland should be possible. We are in business class on QR and economy on BA. We have a 2:50 connection at OSL, it was longer when we booked it but the QR flight times changed. I have purchased a ticket on BA that includes a checked in bag. From reading this forum some have mentioned having to prove to the check in staff at Auckland that they are in business on the BA sector. Is this right? I can upgrade that last sector but would rather not waste money on BAs short haul business class.
Qatar staff at AKL were happy to check through my luggage AKL to ARN in biz through to a ARN to LHR on BA econoy, no issue at all, Bags arrived very quickly with priorty tags at heathrow
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 30, 19, 4:44 am

Does anyone have information about the maximum connection time between the QR-flight(s) and the connecting oneworld flight when connecting in Doha?

Would it be possible to let my bags "stored" in Doha for >24hrs?
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:55 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Sinbad Gold.
Just to advise that QR at Doha had no problem interlining the baggage on a separate PNR, DOH-ARN-LHR with a BA connection, a shame BA at LHR would not do the same LHR-ARN-DOH.
Old Yesterday, 12:13 pm

Programs: qr
never had a problem with QR interlining on separate PNR's though have had too stand my ground a few times - BA no hope they used to but changed their rules a few years ago