Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: obduro
Summary
Qatar Airways have agreed to take four A350-900 aircraft on a dry lease basis from LATAM. The new aircraft will be re-registered to Qatar Airways. These aircraft are referred as "QATAM" due to the hybrid nature of the product (LATAM hard product, Qatar Airways service)

This thread will continue to be updated as further information emerges, and this wikipost will hopefully answer some Frequently Asked Questions.

A trip report from one of the first QATAM-operated flights can be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1828024-munich-doha-qatam-jj-frame-qr-service-a350-j.html#post28008887

Rotation 1 – QR59 DOH – MUC and QR60 MUC - DOH
  • The first A359 to be transferred (PR-XTG) has been re-registered as A7-AMA and has been taken on a 1 year lease
  • The aircraft operates QR59 DOH – MUC and QR60 MUC – DOH, replacing the current QR A359 from March until an unspecified date in the future
  • A7-AMA entered revenue service on Wednesday 1 March 2017, operating QR59. Full entry to service took place on March 6th

Rotation 2 – QR57 DOH – MUC and QR58 MUC - DOH
  • The second aircraft (PR-XTF) will be re-registered as A7-AMB and has been taken on a six month lease
  • The aircraft will will fly the second MUC rotation (QR57 DOH – MUC and QR58 MUC – DOH), replacing the QR A359 from April 6th until an unspecified date in the future

Rotation 3 – QR149 DOH – MAD and QR150 MAD – DOH
  • The third aircraft (unspecified) will be re-registered at A7-AMC. The lease duration is unclear at this time
  • The aircraft is currently scheduled to start on the QR149 DOH – MAD and QR150 MAD – DOH rotations from Saturday 15th April, replacing the current QR B788
  • Entry to service has been delayed from April 1st so further equipment swaps are likely. Details are still emerging about this operation and this thread will be updated as more information becomes available

Rotation 4 – QR151 DOH – MAD and QR152 MAD - DOH
  • The fourth unspecified aircraft will be re-registered as A7-AMD and the lease duration is also unclear
  • The aircraft is scheduled to operate as QR151 DOH – MAD and QR152 MAD – DOH from May 1st, replacing the current QR B788
  • Entry to service has been delayed from April 15th so further equipment swaps are likely. Details are still emerging about this operation and this thread will be updated as more information becomes available

Seating advice - Business Class
  • The QATAM A359’s “Premium Business” cabin has 30 seats in a 2-2-2 layout (compared with QR’s 36 seat A350 J cabin). There is no second business class cabin behind door 2 like on the QR aircraft
  • The 2-2-2 configuration therefore means that not all seats have direct aisle access, which may be an annoyance to single travellers who wish to occupy a window seat
  • Both toilets are located at the front of the cabin, whereas they are located behind row 6 on the QR A369. This may be of annoyance to passengers in row 1 on the QATAM A359
  • The galley is also located ahead of row 1 and therefore may generate additional noise for those seated there
  • Unlike on the QR A359, row 1 seats are not blocked until check-in and are available to reserve for passengers immediately when the aircraft is assigned
  • AC power ports and USB ports are located at every seat
  • The window seats in row 5 have one less window than the other seats in the cabin
  • Window seat pairs in Rows 1 and 2 are not recommended as due to the curvature of the cabin they have less space than other equivalent seats further back in the aircraft
  • There is no onboard bar facility on the QATAM A359

Seating advice - Economy Class
  • The QATAM A359’s economy cabin has 318 seats in a 3-3-3 configuration, with 31” of seat pitch and 18” width. This is comparable with QR’s A359 seat dimensions, but the cabin is much smaller, holding 247 passengers
  • There are five (yes, five) toilets located in the middle of the aircraft, between rows 33/34 and 35/36. This may be of annoyance to passengers in the area, and given the location next to door 3 people may congregate in the area between these rows
  • A sixth toilet is located behind seats 50ABC and directly to the left of 51D. This may again be of annoyance
  • The galley is located to the rear of the aircraft
  • AC power ports are located between the seats and therefore two power outlets are divided between each set of three seats. USB ports are located at each seat at the bottom of the seat back IFE monitor
  • The QATAM aircraft appears to have kept LATAM Economy+ seating that features extra leg room, at least in the short term, but it is not possible to select these seats. They are located in Row 15 (not included on the seatmap for QATAM operated flights) and both Rows 35 and 36 (blocked for selection on the seatmap)

A detailed seat map for the aircraft can be found at this link - https://www.latam.com/pt_br/conheca-nos/sobre-nos/nossa-frota/A350/
Print Wikipost

QR leasing LATAM A350s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:56 am

Have to say, the two flights we had on these ladies were up there as some of the best we have had on Qatar.

Yes we we were traveling as a couple (well and baby) and I can see why it may be a pain for single travelers. But from our perspective it was great. We had row 1 both to and from Frankfurt and we had plenty of space to allow the little one to play. We thought it was going to be painful without the bassinets but in the end my wife actually preferred having the little one next to her rather than the bassinet.

i know everyone raves about the ability to sleep on the 777, but I certainly got a much better sleep on this one .
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Saeagle

i know everyone raves about the ability to sleep on the 777, but I certainly got a much better sleep on this one .
That’s because the older QR 777s have a similar seating layout to the leased LATAM seats.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Protocol7
I'm booked on a March 2018 flight FRA-DOH rt. Still QATAM business class layout.
Booked DOH-FRA return in May 2018, both legs are genuine QR flights. Guess I don't have chance to try LATAM.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:57 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Saeagle
Have to say, the two flights we had on these ladies were up there as some of the best we have had on Qatar.

Yes we we were traveling as a couple (well and baby) and I can see why it may be a pain for single travelers. But from our perspective it was great. We had row 1 both to and from Frankfurt and we had plenty of space to allow the little one to play. We thought it was going to be painful without the bassinets but in the end my wife actually preferred having the little one next to her rather than the bassinet.

Agree. We did these flights last month to and from FRA with a 15 month old and a 4 year old. It was easier to help the children when sat adjacent to them rather than across the aisle. I found the seat width generous and the bed length fine, with no narrowing near one's feet. I think it's ideal for couples
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Originally Posted by Jed
Agree. We did these flights last month to and from FRA with a 15 month old and a 4 year old. It was easier to help the children when sat adjacent to them rather than across the aisle. I found the seat width generous and the bed length fine, with no narrowing near one's feet. I think it's ideal for couples
Even better for solo pax on one seat with the adjacent one empty. Lots of space!! The 350XWB is really wide for 2-2-2 traditional Biz class seats.
I sat on a window seat, on both DOH-MUC and MUC-DOH back in APR with no one next to me. So much space, I even made the window seat stay flat at most of the time. Feel like LH 747-400 Upper deck F class lol
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)
Has anyone got updates about the last two QATAM planes leaving QR? Booked on DOH-MUC late Feb, Still showing Qatam (not that thrilled as a solo flyer who would prefer window seats but also fear the lack of direct aisle access).
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by oliver_dvs
Has anyone got updates about the last two QATAM planes leaving QR? Booked on DOH-MUC late Feb, Still showing Qatam (not that thrilled as a solo flyer who would prefer window seats but also fear the lack of direct aisle access).
LATAM have announced new routes, so I suspect they'll need the planes once they launch the routes:

https://airlinegeeks.com/2017/11/15/...pe-and-israel/
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by florens
LATAM have announced new routes, so I suspect they'll need the planes once they launch the routes:

https://airlinegeeks.com/2017/11/15/...pe-and-israel/

Actually Boston, Lisbon are certainly going 767.
Tel Aviv will be operated by Latam Chile with the 789, I think. It will stop in GRU.
Rome looks likes 767. But may by A350.
Right now CDG, MCO, JFK and MAD are A350.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Had the pleasure of flying on QATAM (A7-AMA) last weekend. A few observations:

The Zodiac Aura (Enhanced Version) seats are really nice, especially liked the compartment in the ottoman that can be closed so your stuff stowed there doesn't slide towards you during takeoff. Sadly the seat controls have massive wear, to the point of nearly not being able to see what some buttons are meant to do. The tray table was tiny... god knows what the designers were smoking. I suppose LATAM uses a large tray to serve the food which sits on top of the tray you slide out of the seat. Strange that QR didn't come up with that idea.
The forward cabin seriously lacks lavatories. Two lavs for a full C cabin and the crew is tough, and on this aircraft the right hand side lav was inop and taped shut. So with a about a 50% occupied C the lav was not free at any point of time and I just went to the back to use a lav in Y.
The IFE based on Panasonic ex3 was very nice and responsive, sadly with the same QR interface that is counter intuitive. My wife gave up on trying to look for something to watch. My sons were peeved that they found a few new movies they wanted to watch but didn't have a german sound track.
Traveller999 and flyvirgin like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Had the pleasure of flying on QATAM (A7-AMA) last weekend. A few observations:

The Zodiac Aura (Enhanced Version) seats are really nice, especially liked the compartment in the ottoman that can be closed so your stuff stowed there doesn't slide towards you during takeoff. Sadly the seat controls have massive wear, to the point of nearly not being able to see what some buttons are meant to do. The tray table was tiny... god knows what the designers were smoking. I suppose LATAM uses a large tray to serve the food which sits on top of the tray you slide out of the seat. Strange that QR didn't come up with that idea.
The forward cabin seriously lacks lavatories. Two lavs for a full C cabin and the crew is tough, and on this aircraft the right hand side lav was inop and taped shut. So with a about a 50% occupied C the lav was not free at any point of time and I just went to the back to use a lav in Y.
The IFE based on Panasonic ex3 was very nice and responsive, sadly with the same QR interface that is counter intuitive. My wife gave up on trying to look for something to watch. My sons were peeved that they found a few new movies they wanted to watch but didn't have a german sound track.
I would not call it a "pleasure" to get the LATAM lease airplanes, as they are way off compared to the QR products (B777, A350, B787, A380) and I do not talk about the QSuites. As you did describe the cabin (seats) and toilets as well, do show quite a bit of wearing and QR is not willing to change that, as the lease will run out I think. Unfortunatly in and out if Munich, there is no other chance at the moment, if you use QR.

Last edited by Traveller999; Jun 18, 2018 at 8:31 am
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I just looked at some of my flights and it seems that QR has placed one of these leased LATAM airplanes on the DOH-CMB route as QR662. I had been looking forward to the single window/aisle seat on the 787 but that seems to have disappeared.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs down so we are the lucky ones

Originally Posted by gary_nj
I just looked at some of my flights and it seems that QR has placed one of these leased LATAM airplanes on the DOH-CMB route as QR662.
I had been looking forward to the single window/aisle seat on the 787 but that seems to have disappeared.
Received an email from CMB ticket office advising me of a "schedule change" for next April, when it's actually equipment ...
I was soo looking forward to the 777 Qsuites!
#Booo

QR 0669
Airbus A350-900
Operated by : Qatar Airways
Operated on : LATAM Airlines

QR 0668
Airbus A350-900
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by kaffir76
Received an email from CMB ticket office advising me of a "schedule change" for next April, when it's actually equipment ...
#Booo

QR 0669
Airbus A350-900

QR 0668
Airbus A350-900
Plenty of time for things to change again.

M
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Originally Posted by kaffir76
#Booo

QR 0669
Airbus A350-900

QR 0668
Airbus A350-900
Did you get the expected LATAM 359 in the end?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:37 am

Question

Hi all

I am new to this forum

My family of three are flying DOH to Barcelona Economy Class late Jan and I noted the following: QR 0145 Airbus A350-900Operated by: Qatar Airways Operated on: LATAM Airlines which lead me to this forum
  1. I assume there will be a 3 seat configuration so our family are together?
  2. Do these LATAM flights have Qatar Airways super Wi-Fi? as there own aircraft have, if not what is offered and at what cost?

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.