Old Mar 8, 17, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
Qatar have confirmed the presence of a policy whereby if a customer booked a QSuites flight and subsequently gets an aircraft type swap can you request travel on an alternative flight, subject to availability, see post #2709
Qatar Airways confirms new business class seat

It will (eventually) be across the fleet in B777s and A350s. There will be a new seat development for the B787s as this new seat canít fit in the 787.

A video of the new Q Suite can be seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yhZDsctiZg

Photos of the new Q Suite can be seen here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28007634-post109.html

From TGFlyerGirl:
there are some quite complex rules entries around seat selection - but in essence, solo travellers as a guideline won't be assigned QUADS (they are blocked off), and it's generally for 3/4 pax families. Once a QUAD has been broken up (out of necessity - for example with a couple in the E/F seats), then the rest of the quad is unlocked and can be filled with individual travellers.

They've also made 1A/2B last offered to allow airport flexibility to handle last minute requests. The other 18 windows and aisles are free for reservation as per the normal process.

The bassinet position is 11B/J (77W) and 8B/J (A359), reduced mobility seats are 2/4/6/9 B and J.

All A/E/F/K's are backward facing, all B,D,G,J's are forward facing. Total 20 Forward/22 Backward.

Capacity:
77W: J42/Y312
High density 77W: J24/Y388
77L: J42/Y230 (probably going 3-4-3 in Y, from 217)
35K: J46/Y281
359: J36/Y247

Which routes have Qsuites?
Details and changes can be found in the various recent threads.

As to other routes NO ONE KNOWS!

I repeat NO ONE KNOWS!! so do not ask!

What aircraft are fitted with Qsuites?
Updated information as to which aircraft are fitted with Qsuites is in the Wiki in the The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet thread.

36/48 77W: 75%
10/38 359: 26%
7/9 77L: 78%
14/14 351: 100%

77W aircraft fitted with Qsuites (A7-BEA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/Q/R/S/T/U/V/W/X, BA​​​​​​C,E,F,G,I,M,O,T,U,V,X,Y,Z)
35Xs delivered since Q1 2018 are fitted with Qsuites.
At least 10x 359 (A7-ALY, Z,AME,F,G,H,I,J,K,L) have Q-Suites
At least 7x 77L (A7-BBA,B,C,D,E,G,I) have QSuites

tracking list (77W).
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bed
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bek
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bel
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bem
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ben
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-beo
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bep
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-beq
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ber
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bes
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-beu
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bev
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bet
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bew
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-baf
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bex
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bee
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-beb
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bef
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bax
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bag
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-beg
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bei
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bam
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bej
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-baz
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bea
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bao
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bac
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bat
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bae
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bai
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bau
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bay
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-beh
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bec

tracking list (77L)
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bba
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bbg
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bbb
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bbi
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bbe
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bbc
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-bbd

tracking list (359).
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-aly
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-alz
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ame
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-amf
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-amg
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-amh
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ami
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-amj
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-amk
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-aml

tracking list (35K)
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ana
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-anb
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-anc
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-and
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ane
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-anf
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ang
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-anh
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ani
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-anj
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ann










Print Wikipost

The Q Suite Master Thread

Old Jun 26, 22, 3:30 pm
  #3991  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 554
Applies to AA Awards?

Booked AA award DOH-ATL as to NYC wasnít available on miles. If DOH-ATL is changed day of, would they allow me to switch to DOH-JFK right there at the airport if space was available?
lovefly88 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 5:09 am
  #3992  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
qsuite gambling

Looking for some advice. Equipment swap on BOS-DOH flight for my honeymoon (going on DOH-MLE) in ~2 weeks. 2 seats originally booked in Qsuites w/ Avios. Should I:
-Stick w/ old A350 biz
-Switch to BOS-PHL-DOH (showing Qsuites now, but seems prone to eq swap?)
-Switch to BOS-JFK-DOH (seems less prone to eq swaps)

BOS and PHL options leave us with loooong layovers, but we are in First on DOH-MLE so I am assuming we can enjoy the First Lounge (Al Safwa).

Thanks for your help!
MetalBird is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 6:09 am
  #3993  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: BOS/MHT/PVD/BDL
Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Posts: 848
Originally Posted by MetalBird View Post
Looking for some advice. Equipment swap on BOS-DOH flight for my honeymoon (going on DOH-MLE) in ~2 weeks. 2 seats originally booked in Qsuites w/ Avios. Should I:
-Stick w/ old A350 biz
-Switch to BOS-PHL-DOH (showing Qsuites now, but seems prone to eq swap?)
-Switch to BOS-JFK-DOH (seems less prone to eq swaps)

BOS and PHL options leave us with loooong layovers, but we are in First on DOH-MLE so I am assuming we can enjoy the First Lounge (Al Safwa).

Thanks for your help!
Personally, I wouldn't add the connecting flight to JFK or PHL. Just makes for a longer trip. All sorts of operational issues domestically. Can't stand connecting at JFK. And I am actually ambivalent towards the Q-Suite. My spouse actually likes the old A350 seats better. And there's a chance the BOS-DOH flight switches back to Qs.
flyaxa is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:00 am
  #3994  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: most of them
Posts: 3,268
I am looking at a one way from ICN-DOH-IAD for next April. The fare seems relatively reasonable. But I am a bit confused about whether QR859 (ICN-DOH) is the old 2-2-2 business class or Q suites. From looking at flight trackers it looks like the route currently has qsuites. And it seems like this route would need to have them. Is there a way to see the seat map for a flight before booking?
glennaa11 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:51 am
  #3995  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,449
Originally Posted by glennaa11 View Post
Is there a way to see the seat map for a flight before booking?
Yes, as often mentioned here, expertflyer.com (free account---use "seat alerts" not "seat map"). As also discussed here, the seat map can change until the flight takes off (but after that it does not change!).
glennaa11 and KiwiMag like this.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jul 1, 22 at 1:15 pm
SeeBuyFly is offline  
Old Jul 2, 22, 6:37 pm
  #3996  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: most of them
Posts: 3,268
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly View Post
Yes, as often mentioned here, expertflyer.com (free account---use "seat alerts" not "seat map"). As also discussed here, the seat map can change until the flight takes off (but after that it does not change!).
Thanks for the help. I didn't realize you could do that without an EF subscription. Sadly it looks like QR859 is Qsuites until the end of September and then it switches to the old 2-2-2 config
glennaa11 is offline  
Old Jul 5, 22, 5:13 am
  #3997  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Programs: HH + IHG DIA
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by Traveller999 View Post
A more specific statement by QR Twitter team, related to the procedure in case of change from Qsuite to non Qsuite

QUOTE
If the change to non-Qsuite is verified, you are entitled to 1) one-time free change (+/- 21 days of the original date; new origin or destination within the same country or 500-mile radius from the original origin or destination); and 2) refund without the cancellation fee.


UNQUOTE
I have booked MLE-DOH-FRA on one PNR with Avios a week ago. Thanks to Expertflyer, I noticed that the cabin configuration for DOH-FRA was changed to 2-2-2. Still a B777. I referred to the policy above and the customer service replied that a change of the destination was not possible.

Also he stated that if he changes DOH-FRA he must change MLE-DOH as well ( a result of the "reversed" married segment logic). To me it seemed that he would basically cancel the ticket and book a new one depending on saver award availability. As I did not agree on the night flight from DOH-FRA, I assume he asked a supervisor and came back with a flight combo that did not have award availability. So there is some room for rebooking but they are not happy to stick to their policy.

Does the policy apply to award bookings as well. To my understanding, I can choose any flight as long as it is available paying cash. Also I feel that the layover policy of below 24 hours in DOH should not apply when rebooking. Am I right?

Also I was in contact with QR customer service 2 times before and I always ended up in an Indian call center. I feel those agents do not have all permissions and it is especially difficult to understand them. Can anyone recommend a phone number where you are not redirected to India?
SlowTraveler123 is offline  
Old Jul 5, 22, 5:16 am
  #3998  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Programs: HH + IHG DIA
Posts: 7
I guess another workaround is to hope for a QSuite change so that you are allowed to change the flight.

The big question is whether the rebooking requires saver (x1) award availability
SlowTraveler123 is offline  
Old Jul 5, 22, 5:25 am
  #3999  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: HKG, BHX, MAN
Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Posts: 1,472
Originally Posted by SlowTraveler123 View Post
I have booked MLE-DOH-FRA on one PNR with Avios a week ago. Thanks to Expertflyer, I noticed that the cabin configuration for DOH-FRA was changed to 2-2-2. Still a B777. I referred to the policy above and the customer service replied that a change of the destination was not possible.

Also he stated that if he changes DOH-FRA he must change MLE-DOH as well ( a result of the "reversed" married segment logic). To me it seemed that he would basically cancel the ticket and book a new one depending on saver award availability. As I did not agree on the night flight from DOH-FRA, I assume he asked a supervisor and came back with a flight combo that did not have award availability. So there is some room for rebooking but they are not happy to stick to their policy.

Does the policy apply to award bookings as well. To my understanding, I can choose any flight as long as it is available paying cash. Also I feel that the layover policy of below 24 hours in DOH should not apply when rebooking. Am I right?

Also I was in contact with QR customer service 2 times before and I always ended up in an Indian call center. I feel those agents do not have all permissions and it is especially difficult to understand them. Can anyone recommend a phone number where you are not redirected to India?
I can't answer whether this policy applies to award tickets, but it is correct that they no longer allow destination/origin changes.
Try calling Doha direct +974 4023 0000 using Skype or something else that doesn't cost a fortune.
SlowTraveler123 likes this.
realgaga is offline  
Old Jul 5, 22, 4:17 pm
  #4000  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: RDU
Programs: AA CK
Posts: 2,225
For upcoming QSuite (hopefully) A350-900, I currently have 9A... last row in business. Any of the other open seats preferable?
dave_261 is offline  
Old Jul 5, 22, 9:51 pm
  #4001  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,139
Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
I can't answer whether this policy applies to award tickets, but it is correct that they no longer allow destination/origin changes.
Try calling Doha direct +974 4023 0000 using Skype or something else that doesn't cost a fortune.
You can ask on Twitter for a callback. Usually that yields a Doha based agent calling you.

Originally Posted by dave_261 View Post
For upcoming QSuite (hopefully) A350-900, I currently have 9A... last row in business. Any of the other open seats preferable?
The only "issue" with 9A is people walking through J during boarding to get to economy. Personally I'd always take a window over aisle. 2K might see you eating slightly quicker.
SlowTraveler123 likes this.
Schwann is online now  
Old Jul 7, 22, 10:37 pm
  #4002  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: LCY
Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Posts: 993
Recently flew ARN-DOH-NRT (QR 168 and QR 806) was originally scheduled to be in 787-8 and in 777 with 2-2-2 configuration. Turned out we were very lucky since due to late equipment changes got 787-9 and 777 with Q suites. I guess i won in QR equipment lottery.
X-ON is offline  
Old Jul 8, 22, 12:09 pm
  #4003  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 752
I just flew DOH-YUL in QSuite a few days ago, for the first time.

And Iím surprised that Iím going to say this, but I think I prefer the older 1-2-1 configuration on the A359, 787-8, etc!
Tofino87 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 22, 12:21 pm
  #4004  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Tofino87 View Post
I just flew DOH-YUL in QSuite a few days ago, for the first time.

And Iím surprised that Iím going to say this, but I think I prefer the older 1-2-1 configuration on the A359, 787-8, etc!
Why is that?
Turnpike is offline  
Old Jul 8, 22, 1:02 pm
  #4005  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 752
I probably should have added that I was flying solo. But I did find the QSuite to be slightly claustrophobic.

If you were flying as a couple or in a quad and went for the groups of seats with the partitions down, I imagine thatís great.

I felt a bit detached from everything, not in a good way.

I think it makes it harder for the crew to see if you need a top-up, or for things to be cleared away, etc. I probably used the Ďcall crewí button to my seat at least 8 times - which I prefer not to do, if I can just catch someoneís eye (and no that wasnít for booze, it was mostly for water of all things!!).

Also, I canít recall what the storage is like in the reverse herringbone seats (this has been my second J experience since the pandemic) - but I donít recall having an issue beforeÖ I couldnít get my UK 12 shoes in to the storage space.

Edit (am on a train and hit submit as it bounced!): There were niggly things too, like the crew seemed a bit moody, and at least 3/4 children who were way too loud throughout the flight - making it impossible to sleep - but I appreciate this is nothing to do with the product. It just takes away from the ambience and first feel for it.
Turnpike likes this.
Tofino87 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread