Payment Verification please help

Old Jan 13, 17, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Payment Verification please help

Hi,

I have read the previous threads on this subject but it didn't really help with my situation.

I booked one of the bargain AMS-TYO fares last night but received a request for 'Payment Verification' asking for a scan of my passport and credit card statement. The problem is my credit card is a supplementary card and so I don't get credit card statements. The only statement we have has my partners details on it and her card number is completely different.

I submitted the 'Payment Verification' without sending the bank statement. But now I am getting worried

I have a redemption flight with BA to TYO next week which I plan to cancel and fly this Qatar fare instead, but now I am worried that Qatar might cancel my fare due to the Payment Verification. It says they take 3-5 days to verify it

Has anyone passed the Payment Verification before without sending the Credit Card statement? Should I contact them or is that just going to cause me more issues?

My Mrs will go nuts if I cancel our BA redemption and then our QR flight gets cancelled

Any help greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 13, 17, 5:01 am

AndyRobin The USUAL procedure if verification does not happen is that you must present the card at check-in. I say usual because the rules appear to be changing at the moment. So do actively pursue the matter with QR. Just in case!
Old Jan 13, 17, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
If you're getting worried pick the phone up to Reservations. Note that there have been a number of comments this week on the forums of long hold times into Qatar Reservations, probably because of the Travel Festival. But you can call any global office, so if the number local to you is busy it may be worthwhile using a cheap international calling service to a 24hr office in a timezone where it is out of business hours to get through quicker.
Old Jan 13, 17, 6:34 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by AndyRobin View Post
Hi,

I have read the previous threads on this subject but it didn't really help with my situation.

I booked one of the bargain AMS-TYO fares last night but received a request for 'Payment Verification' asking for a scan of my passport and credit card statement. The problem is my credit card is a supplementary card and so I don't get credit card statements. The only statement we have has my partners details on it and her card number is completely different.

I submitted the 'Payment Verification' without sending the bank statement. But now I am getting worried

I have a redemption flight with BA to TYO next week which I plan to cancel and fly this Qatar fare instead, but now I am worried that Qatar might cancel my fare due to the Payment Verification. It says they take 3-5 days to verify it

Has anyone passed the Payment Verification before without sending the Credit Card statement? Should I contact them or is that just going to cause me more issues?

My Mrs will go nuts if I cancel our BA redemption and then our QR flight gets cancelled

Any help greatly appreciated!
I also got one of these and I believe it is due to me using my father in laws card to pay for it as that is all I had handy at the time.

He is now having to look through for a statement as he is old school so no online banking and also shreds everything! If he cant find it tonight I am tempted to send them a picture of him holding his passport in one hand and the card in the other, In all seriousness I will give them a call ask for an extension if I am stuck and need to wait for the next statement, Will let you know how I get on
Old Jan 14, 17, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I gave them a call and explained the situation and the agent said that it is ok if that statement is from my partners account as long as it shows the Qatar purchase on it! At that point I got confused as I thought they just wanted to see a statement for the associated card to check the card number against name and address etc. Not that it has to show the money taken by Qatar! ...?

I then asked how can anyone reasonably be expected to show them a statement within 48 hours when it can take 3-4 days for the payment to show up on your credit card? Cue silence from the agent.

She then said that instead of doing the payment verification I can just show the card at check in. She put some notes on the system about this but I am still worried it may get cancelled by another department.

This whole verification process is ridiculous especially since I used my own card and I am travelling.

Anyone hopefully I hear back from them soon as I need to book positioning flights, hotels etc.
Old Jan 14, 17, 9:13 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Hi Andy, I have had the exact same issue with my booking for the same route. It was my father in laws card, I uploaded his passport and the credit card statement front page with the number on it, I believe the transaction only has to show if you are sending an online copy from a screengrab I used a paper copy and scanned it with the passport and uploaded it yesterday even though I uploaded it I got a reminder today,

Called them dude said he could see it on the computer and within say an hour I got an email saying that the verification had been completed and I now no longer needed to take my father in laws card to the airport
Old Jan 14, 17, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, *G (TK)
My personal experience (Happened twice)

My Amex is a secondary card. Primary it's on my husband name.
The statement contains both cards data.
When QR asked for it, together with passport, I uploaded the last available CC statement adding in the notes that the card used for ticket purchase was the secondary card. I also sent the primary card holder passport copy with mine.

Nowhere is stated that the CC statement must contain the ticket purchase.
Old Jan 14, 17, 10:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Same promo, same problem.

My own visa card, I'm the sole passenger. Booked while in Dubai, maybe this flagged them. Sent the passport, didn't bother with CC statement. Got an email:

"Thank you for contacting Qatar Airways support desk, In order to complete the verification, please provide the bank statement of the card used to book the reservation, kindly note that in absence of bank statement you may also provide the snap shot of the statement downloaded from online banking which shows the charge from Qatar Airways and the last four digits of the card."

Sent a snapshot of my online banking page for the transactions on that card, mentioned that I can present the card at check-in and that the whole verification idea is nonsense (in kinder words) . Let's just wait and see.
Old Jan 14, 17, 11:47 am

Programs: SPG PLAT FAIRMONT PLAT
AndyRobin

this happen to me last September . Customer service on the phone was helpless . So finally I went to the local QR ticket office . It took a little while and everything was checked . they gave me a proof documents were checked and ok for the verification payment process . I will travel with this proof on my next flight with QR . Good luck and Bon voyage !
Old Jan 16, 17, 11:36 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
I remember last year at CPH en route to BKK going thru a credit card verification and it was rather more than just showing the thing . Presumably once a cc is verified then one won't have to go through the same palava with another booking and the same card ? Surprised HFP and the other points and mileage sites haven't touched on this QR hassle .
Old Jan 17, 17, 12:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, *G (TK)
Originally Posted by docklander View Post
I remember last year at CPH en route to BKK going thru a credit card verification and it was rather more than just showing the thing . Presumably once a cc is verified then one won't have to go through the same palava with another booking and the same card ? Surprised HFP and the other points and mileage sites haven't touched on this QR hassle .
QR can ask again for the same card on another booking.
Old Jan 17, 17, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
Yep, QR would have a hard time justifying retention of your full payment card details to be able to match back on a previous transaction, unless the payment card information had been tokenised and the tokens matched.

But equally it's hard to understand how they can justify sending an image of your card and a statement via an insecure communication channel, cos that is definitely not in spirit of good PCI (payment card industry) practice. I have had airlines ask to see the payment card at check in before, and made that clear in the booking process, but never to start emailing copies of cards and other ID around.
Old Jan 17, 17, 1:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
I received an email informing me of successful payment verification yesterday. The whole process took 2 days.
Old Jan 17, 17, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by docklander View Post
I remember last year at CPH en route to BKK going thru a credit card verification and it was rather more than just showing the thing .
Hi docklander. What else did you have to show other than the card? QR have now told me they are happy for me to just show my card at check-in. Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 17, 4:32 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
A case of wishful hoping on my part : got a newly made CDG - KUL booking for next week . Interesting to know who has a booking commencing via a country of non credit card residence who hasn't / wasn't (been)contacted by QR .

Search this Thread