Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

The 'Sake Fare' Meet-Up Thread: AMS/BRU-DOH-TYO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fbruno
Wiki Updated 2017-09-13 to include #610

QR fare rules for this one can be found here.

I have created a travel trips thread in the Japan forum. A good place to discuss hotels, trips, restaurants and maybe even arrange meet ups: The QR week(end) HND/NRT travel thread (2017)

Sorted by departure month:

November

Outbound
CPH-HND : 03/11/17 : denkigroove
LHR-HND : 03/11/17 : Cymro +1
BRU-NRT : 08/11/17 : mad_rich
AMS-NRT : 08.11.17 : jordie
AMS-HND : 13.11.17 UAPremierGuy
BRU-NRT : 15/11/17 : xtommox
AMS-HND : 15/11/17 : phoneticduck +1
AMS-NRT : 17/11/17 : polochick
BRU-NRT : 17/11/17 : Asserti+1 (DOH-NRT 18/11)
LHR-HND : 18/11/17 : justatourist
AMS-HND : 19/11/17 : Tennislover9
AMS-HND : 20.11.17 : travellingjake +2
LHR-NRT : 23/11/17 : Pilot37
LHR-HND : 23/11/17 : Carofos
AMS-NRT : 24/11/17 : island82

Inbound
HND-AMS : 05/11/17 : toastedcafe
HND-AMS : 11/11/17 : Cymro +1
NRT-AMS : 12.11.17 : jordie
HND-AMS : 19.11.17 : UAPremierGuy
HND-AMS : 21/11/17 : phoneticduck +1
NRT-BRU : 22/11/17 : mad_rich
NRT-BRU : 23/11/17 : Asserti+1 (DOH-BRU 25/11)
HND-AMS : 25/11/17 : denkigroove
HND-AMS : 26/11/17 : Tennislover9
HND-AMS : 26/11/17 : polochick
NRT-BRU : 26/11/17 : fbruno
HND-LHR : 27/11/17 : Pilot37
NRT-AMS : 28/11/17 : island82
NRT-BRU : 28/11/17 : xtommox
HND-LHR : 29/11/17 : Carofos
NRT-MAN : 30.11.17 : travellingjake +2

December

Outbound
BRU-HND : 04/12/17 : jlisi984 +2
AMS-NRT : 10/12/17 : NikaK +1

Inbound
NRT-AMS : 04/12/17 : justatourist
HND-AMS : 12/12/17 : jlisi984 +2
NRT-AMS : 14/12/17 : NikaK +1
Print Wikipost

The 'Sake Fare' Meet-Up Thread: AMS/BRU-DOH-TYO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ms101
it really depends on where one is going tbh. I always have no problem taking the JR to wherever I want to go. I've only taken the metro a handful of times, only more when I was living there and the closest station to me was a metro

But yes, I agree, only if you're making a RT Tokyo/Osaka then I would suggest to get the pass as it's worth it when you're making multiple trips.
Is there anywhere else worth giving up a day in Japan for (our of three left) that's worth travelling out of the capital to see?? (that would make a rail pass more valuable.... )
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by CaroFos
Is there anywhere else worth giving up a day in Japan for (our of three left) that's worth travelling out of the capital to see?? (that would make a rail pass more valuable.... )
Osaka, Matusmoto, Kumamoto, Mt. Fuji, Kanazawa, etc. There are hundreds of places in Japan worth a visit.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:52 am

Well, this is it, the last batch of FTers that got this amazing deal will be departing soon...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by justatourist
Well, this is it, the last batch of FTers that got this amazing deal will be departing soon...
Just started mine, can't wait
CaroFos likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Osaka, Matusmoto, Kumamoto, Mt. Fuji, Kanazawa, etc. There are hundreds of places in Japan worth a visit.
but if you are down to just 3 days in Japan?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Flying Ams-Doh-Hnd tomorrow. First time in Qatar biz. I have high expectations.

Will be posting a trip report with photos after I get back.

This is part of a 30,000 mile journey to Hong Kong and Singapore for me.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CaroFos
I adore Kyoto, and the locals absolutely love Kanazawa.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I combined my Sake Fare with a cheap MH J ticket to Bali. Right now I'm sitting on the JAL F Class Lounge in HND awaiting my departure to Bail in 10 hours or so. I wonder what I'll do with my spare time here...
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I combined my Sake Fare with a cheap MH J ticket to Bali. Right now I'm sitting on the JAL F Class Lounge in HND awaiting my departure to Bail in 10 hours or so. I wonder what I'll do with my spare time here...
Surely you mean NRT? Did the same combo in October!
Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
back yesterday from my Sake Fare adventure. Flawless from QR start to finish. Had to haggle a bit to get the Haneda checkin staff (are they JAL employees?) to check my bags through to BHD on a separate BA booking. In the end it came down to me asking if they knew how to do it on the system, to which they said yes, and I had to insist on them just doing it. The lady was convinced it would not work. So much so that 3hrs later, she appeared at my seat on the plane to quadruple check the baggage tags and BA flight numbers.

BA did annoy me however by not letting me collect mobile boarding passes for AMS-LHR-BHD, meaning I had to clear immigration to get to a BA desk for my pass.

Other than that, amazing trip, will definitely be back.

Anyone still to depart I recommend stopping in at Geronimo shot bar in Roppongi and our hotel in Minato (Hotel Risveglio) was superb
Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by phoneticduck
BA did annoy me however by not letting me collect mobile boarding passes for AMS-LHR-BHD, meaning I had to clear immigration to get to a BA desk for my pass.
That's a bit odd, if you are on an EU passport there isn't usually an issue checking in on the app and getting a mobile bp. Also for anyone else in this situation and connecting on to a BA flight after arriving in BRU/AMS - when I checking in at the QR desk in HND the agent actually offered to check me in for the separate BRU-LHR-MAN flights and provided me with the boarding passes so that seems another way to get them if the BA app isn't playing ball,
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by phoneticduck
back yesterday from my Sake Fare adventure. Flawless from QR start to finish. Had to haggle a bit to get the Haneda checkin staff (are they JAL employees?) to check my bags through to BHD on a separate BA booking. In the end it came down to me asking if they knew how to do it on the system, to which they said yes, and I had to insist on them just doing it. The lady was convinced it would not work. So much so that 3hrs later, she appeared at my seat on the plane to quadruple check the baggage tags and BA flight numbers.

That's odd. When I checked in for HND-DOH-BRU and asked to get my bag tagged for BRU-LHR as well I got all three boarding passes, including one for the BA flight. On top of that my original HND-DOH flight got delayed by 3h on departure, when I landed at DOH there was a QR employee waiting for me with a new boarding pass for direct DOH-LHR flight (including QSuites). To my surprise, my bag made it too.
stijnec and armouredant like this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by megaloman
That's odd. When I checked in for HND-DOH-BRU and asked to get my bag tagged for BRU-LHR as well I got all three boarding passes, including one for the BA flight. On top of that my original HND-DOH flight got delayed by 3h on departure, when I landed at DOH there was a QR employee waiting for me with a new boarding pass for direct DOH-LHR flight (including QSuites). To my surprise, my bag made it too.
Okay, now I'm jealous. My bags were tagged all the way through, too, but my DOH-BRU was on time. However, my bags did NOT make it to LHR, but turned up three days later instead.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by polochick
Just started mine, can't wait
Where you on the flight into NRT on saturday 18th november?

I'm in Doha now. Homebound flight in a few hours to Brussels

However plus Qatar provided me with a nice 23hours at the Westin. A 200QR upgrade to an executive room made it even better!
And I managed to get 2 hotels out of the deal. One on the outbound and one on the inbound leg, even when my outbound layover was less than 12 hours!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Flying NRT-DOH-BRU this evening. Seat next to me still empty, hope it remains like that. It makes the QR 77W J class one of the most spacious J products in the world. Especially a separate seat and bed are nice
Till this morning was the seat next to me "blocked". Now it became suddenly available for selection.

Noted that getting an OLCI (mobile) boardingpass is only possible via the mobile app. The desktop OLCI interface isn't issuing a BP, only a confirmation to pick up the BP at the airport CI desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.