FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   No cake for birthday (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1813462-no-cake-birthday.html)

sanjaybabur Jan 7, 2017 12:17 am

No cake for birthday

I called QR customer service today to request for Birthday cake for my wife on our return J flight (which I hope to upgrade to F) from CDG DOH next week since we would be flying on her birthday.

I was simply told that QR doesn't provide such a service.

I all my past requests to EK, have never had an issue, they usually do well to make us feel special.

I must say I'm quite disappointed, I know its not a big deal, but its also not a lot of extra effort to keep your passengers happy either.

Its these small things that matter in my opinion.

S

Doc Savage Jan 7, 2017 12:19 am

aceboy, is that you?

Schwann Jan 7, 2017 12:50 am

I wouldn't mind a massage and a winning lottery ticket too! Think I can demand that too?

Lefly Jan 7, 2017 12:52 am

I don't understand if you're saying that QR should offer that kind of service to better meet customers needs, or you're complaining that even if they don't provide it, they should have made and exception for you.

remdk Jan 7, 2017 2:10 am

sanjaybabur ask yourself if you have any favorite airline and why it is your favorite.
I think you will find that it is because that airline does something different to most others. This is just the case with a birthday cake, it is one of the small differences. If you want to really surprise your wife than make one yourself! I am sure it would give much more pleasure than any mass produced airline cake.
Remember it is the differences between airlines that makes for your enjoyment of the flight. Just think how boring it would be if every airline did everything in exactly the same way.

wickedkhalsa Jan 7, 2017 2:11 am

Originally Posted by doc savage (Post 27718660)
aceboy, is that you?

​​​​​​​

msm2000uk Jan 7, 2017 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Doc Savage (Post 27718660)
aceboy, is that you?

Haha! Beat me to it.

He did say he was going to start flying on QR, and I did warn that I was looking forward to the pandemonium!

QR do not offer Birthday Cakes in any class of travel, but they do have hand-lotion in all bathrooms.

For those on the QR Forum who are unfamiliar with all this 'aceboy' talk, please use the search facility to find posts from aceboy44.

I'll let this thread stay open over the weekend for a bit of light entertainment.

M

Johnnieboy Jan 7, 2017 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 27718705)
I wouldn't mind a massage and a winning lottery ticket too! Think I can demand that too?

I had a massage on a VS flight years ago. Had a stiff neck for days afterwards.

Ausriver Jan 7, 2017 4:40 am

CX has great birthday cake, with a very reasonable fee.

SullyofDoha Jan 7, 2017 6:21 am

remdk, I don't often read the Emirates forum so had no idea at first about the reference to aceboy44. I just read a couple previous posts...GOLD!!! LOL ;-)

msm2000uk Jan 7, 2017 6:27 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha (Post 27720091)
remdk, I don't often read the Emirates forum so had no idea at first about the reference to aceboy44. I just read a couple previous posts...GOLD!!! LOL ;-)

Presume you meant me opposed to remdk?

M

SullyofDoha Jan 7, 2017 7:04 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 27720131)
Presume you meant me opposed to remdk?

M

Msm2000uk, yes, I did mean you! Regards! ;-)

Dani289 Jan 7, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 27718921)
For those on the QR Forum who are unfamiliar with all this 'aceboy' talk, please use the search facility to find posts from aceboy44.
M

That was good fun, thanks!:D

LondonElite Jan 7, 2017 7:50 am

Why would anyone over the age of 15 want a birthday cake from a stranger? Weird.

RUN4FUN Jan 7, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 27719047)
I had a massage on a VS flight years ago. Had a stiff neck for days afterwards.

Even had a massage on a SK flight years ago. From my wife. Ended up stiff to.