Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operational Changes 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:46 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by florens
QR probably is the airline wih most a/c swaps!
The only airline to rival QR, would be AA, but that is purely because they have so many variations of aircraft within their fleet.

On a side note, there is a reason why 'Flying with QR Rule 1', exists on FT!

M
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The only airline to rival QR, would be AA, but that is purely because they have so many variations of aircraft within their fleet.

On a side note, there is a reason why 'Flying with QR Rule 1', exists on FT!

M
Exactly! At least on QR you have a lie-flat seat on all widebodies unless your flight is downgauged to an A320 without lieflat seats, whereas on AA you can get stuck on an angle-flat 757!

Last edited by florens; Aug 7, 2017 at 1:19 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:22 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by florens
Exactly! At least on QR you have a lie-flat seat on all widebodies unless your flight is downgauged to an A320 without lieflat seats, whereas on AA you can get stuck on an angle-flat 757!
Everyone remembers their first Transatlantic 757!

M
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Downunderdesert
MAN gets a 330
All flights? There are multiple flights per day, currently all 787.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
All flights? There are multiple flights per day, currently all 787.
Answering my own question, it's one flight per day down to A330. The other 2 remain as B787.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:39 am

DannoTheManno according to the terms and conditions for your reservation QR will fly you from A to B. The type of aircraft is QRs choice alone. A change of aircraft type is absolutely no reason to change your reservation.

ALL widebodied aircraft in the QR fleet have lie flat seats. The sloping seats are a thing of the past except for most, but not all, narrowbodied aircraft.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by acquiescefc
my BRU to DOH is now 330-300. Disappointed as wanted to see the 350.
Same here, an other nail in my QR coffin....
Return flight ex BRU zero J seats available because of swap.
Still have some hope for upgrade with credits and miles for the remaining 3 segments....
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Posted this in another thread already, but just to make sure the information is here as well:

QR is taking the QATAMs from their Madrid flight and putting them to FRA starting 01SEP

From @A350Blog on Twitter:
"From 1/Sep Qatar Airways will stop flying #A350 to Madrid and to Barcelona. #A350 to operate Frankfort and Miami routes instead."

From @A350_Production on Twitter:
"From 01SEP17, QR's @LaTam_BRA-leased A350s will stop flying to @AENA MAD and fly 2x daily to @airport_FRA instead, replacing mainline #A350 ."
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:37 am

How many A350s do they need to do the Miami route, two or three? They are pulling A350s from everywhere to do this route...

Regarding the changes, there are some big capacity changes in some cities:

TXL from A330 to 777
BCN from 787 to A340
DPS from 787 to 777
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by remdk
DannoTheManno according to the terms and conditions for your reservation QR will fly you from A to B. The type of aircraft is QRs choice alone. A change of aircraft type from Qatar's point of view is absolutely no reason to change your reservation.
Fixed it for you.

I called up, the agent said the only equipment change that will result in a free flight change is from the A380 to any other aircraft
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by justatourist
How many A350s do they need to do the Miami route, two or three? They are pulling A350s from everywhere to do this route...

Regarding the changes, there are some big capacity changes in some cities:

TXL from A330 to 777
BCN from 787 to A340
DPS from 787 to 777
Looking at the flight schedule, I think two A350 will do. But, you never know with maintenance schedules and how this route fits into their overall schedule.

Regarding the changes you mentioned, I think thats good news overall (of course if flying in J, then the 787 is nicer than a A340 or 777). Maybe freeing up some 787 will allow them to get rid of some of these long A320 flights (HEL for example)
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:54 am

hotwingz the time taken for DOH-MIA-DOH takeoff to landing is 32h15m. With time on the ground in DOH then at least three aircraft will be required, but not full time.

To get an idea of how aircraft are used look at http://www.theqatarsource.com/qatara...ettracker.html for almost any longhaul aircraft. It is very interesting!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:48 am
R2

Originally Posted by hotwingz
Maybe freeing up some 787 will allow them to get rid of some of these long A320 flights (HEL for example)
HEL will be 787 effective 16 Sep.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi folks,

I've had a schedule change for December for flights to KBV from MXP. Instead of short 3hr layovers we now have up to 17hr layovers. How accommodating are QR with this usually? E.g. Is it likely they would be prepared to put us on an earlier flight from MXP in order to make the shorter connection to KBV? We are travelling on an Economy N class ticket. It seems plenty of these fares still available for the earlier flights. Also, how do you contact them from Europe via phone. I'm currently in Portugal and when I called the QR number listed in contacts on the QR App they said they don't handle bookings and I should call Poland. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Hi folks,

I've had a schedule change for December for flights to KBV from MXP. Instead of short 3hr layovers we now have up to 17hr layovers. How accommodating are QR with this usually? E.g. Is it likely they would be prepared to put us on an earlier flight from MXP in order to make the shorter connection to KBV? We are travelling on an Economy N class ticket. It seems plenty of these fares still available for the earlier flights. Also, how do you contact them from Europe via phone. I'm currently in Portugal and when I called the QR number listed in contacts on the QR App they said they don't handle bookings and I should call Poland. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks a lot in advance
If your change is over 2 hours (which should be the case if your layover increases from 3 to 17hrs), then they will rebook you
Look up a few options that suit you best (different timings, different dates, different destinations) and be ready to present them to the QR agent.
You can use Skype for international calls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.