QR CDG lounge opened

Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
arriving on QR in J, can I use the lounge as an arrival lounge?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:29 am

pvgman it is a departure lounge and not an arrival lounge. My understanding is that it is in the departures area and not accessible for arrivals.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Does the lounge close again between the afternoon and evening flight?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:17 am

purple1addict according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/cdg/-1 "Note: Opening hours coincide with Qatar Airways flight departures only. 06:00-09:00, 12:30-15:30, 19:00-22:00."
purple1addict likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by remdk
pvgman it is a departure lounge and not an arrival lounge. My understanding is that it is in the departures area and not accessible for arrivals.
International departure and arrival are mixed at T1, so technically I you could use it as an arrival lounge if QR allows it
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by pvgman
International departure and arrival are mixed at T1, so technically I you could use it as an arrival lounge if QR allows it
Access to the QR Lounge at CDG, is granted through an onward boarding pass.

As you do not have such a boarding pass, the Lounge staff are within their rights to turn you away.

M
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: Some
Had an interesting thought - has anyone tried to access this lounge yet arriving QR with an onward J connection on a oneworld partner? I flew DOH-CDG-LHR on QR/BA a few weeks ago and thinking about the layout of the terminal, I would have been able to get back to the QR lounge on arrival if I wanted rather than heading straight to T3 for the CX lounge. If the access rules are the same as LHR/BKK then a BA J boarding pass should get you in, no? Will try it next month when I do DOH-CDG-LHR again.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Silver
What are the hot lunch options in this lounge? Someone posted a menu earlier in the thread from feb last year, is it still the same?
Old May 3, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by I2sky
What are the hot lunch options in this lounge? Someone posted a menu earlier in the thread from feb last year, is it still the same?
I believe the a la carte hot options were either steak or soup (asparagus I think? can't remember) last month. Haven't been through this month but might be in a few days so will report back if any change then.
I2sky likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:18 am

This lounge was amazing. Light, outdoor areas, plenty of seating, good service and delicious food. Has to be my favourite lounge now. The hot food option was a mixed grill, with a vast deli full of goodies to try, I made a starter from the deli and then had the mixed grill , photos attached.

Or, you can spend more money, and have the BA lounge experience. A lukewarm container of slop, normally chilli con carne , and some crisps. Then try and find an empty seat somewhere. The photos of the QR experience speak for themselves.

Last edited by I2sky; May 25, 2018 at 1:26 am
Old May 25, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
This looks like the T4 Lounge opposed to the Lounge at CDG.

If CDG, the BA/CX Lounge is actually very very good, and the food is CX.

M
Old May 25, 2018, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
Definitely the QR lounge at CDG, I was there! Never had any food in a BA lounge that could be described as very very good so might have to give it a try next time and fly BA after DOH - CDG to get me back to the UK.

I was comparing it to the lounge at LHR if I’d decided to fly LH with BA.

Last edited by I2sky; May 25, 2018 at 2:26 am
Old May 25, 2018, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by I2sky

Definitely the QR lounge at CDG, I was there! Never had any food in a BA lounge that could be described as very very good so might have to give it a try next time and fly BA after DOH - CDG to get me back to the UK.

I was comparing it to the lounge at LHR if Id decided to fly LH with BA.
Glad to hear you enjoyed!

Ah fair enough - the CDG Lounge for BA, is operated by CX, so it's worth going to (and better than the adjacent AA Lounge).

M
Old May 25, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
It has the same theme as the T4 lounge, but it has an interesting outside area where you can sit. Nice views for avgeeks
Old May 27, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG One Ambassador Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if this lounge is still available to Privilege Club gold members travelling on a upgraded ticket?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.