Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena

A little off topic, but I'll post it any way. It's looking ever so possible now that the Qatar Foundation are going to be buying into troubled Italian bank Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena.

Now how cool, and prestigious will it be if one day Qatar Airways has a credit card with the oldest bank in the world for it's frequent fliers collecting points.

Good luck to you guys.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
OT, but as I know your posts on the EK Forum are always helpful and informative, I'll leave the post here for a while

M
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by NOIR
A little off topic, but I'll post it any way. It's looking ever so possible now that the Qatar Foundation are going to be buying into troubled Italian bank Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena.
You mean Qatar Investment Authority?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:18 am
Suspended

You can't buy prestige.

That being said, a lot of people from the Gulf want to try.

Even if QIA invests in the bank (it'll be a minority share), it doesn't mean there will be QR branded stuff. Look at QIA investments in Barclays or ABC or Volkswagen which haven't yielded any partnerships.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by mpkz
You can't buy prestige.

That being said, a lot of people from the Gulf want to try.
Perfect summary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.