Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar now offers a free 96 hour visa!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:56 am

Happy is DXB-DOH-BKK-HKG a single or return trip? Has the BKK-HKG flight a QR flight number?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Just adding a data point:

Submitted application at 5 January 2017 at 19:24 (Thursday)
Application approved at 10 January 2017 at 04:26 (Tuesday)

This is for travel on FEB 03/04.

/AE
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:01 pm

Would one be able to apply for this visa and also utilize their free transit tour?

If my one way ticket that connects in DOH is from CAI, i'd assume I would not be eligible for this stopover program?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:32 pm

kaiotes the rules are very clear that one way journeys starting in CAI do NOT qualify for a 96 hour tourist visa. The rules about a transit visa and the bus tour are unclear at the moment but two STPCs on the same reservation is not allowed.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have a 8h layover in DOH in April but like most QR flights, its during the night (12am to 8am). Is it really worth getting a Visa at that time of the night? and no city tour is gonna run at silly hours of the morning.
Whilst at the J Lounge, are there any sleeping areas? can you reserve these areas? If so, who do you contact? I have slept in the J lounge before (quiet area), the chairs are awkward to sleep on (you end up with a strained neck), you have people snoring, some have the TV loud.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Fontana
I have a 8h layover in DOH in April but like most QR flights, its during the night (12am to 8am). Is it really worth getting a Visa at that time of the night? and no city tour is gonna run at silly hours of the morning.
Whilst at the J Lounge, are there any sleeping areas? can you reserve these areas? If so, who do you contact? I have slept in the J lounge before (quiet area), the chairs are awkward to sleep on (you end up with a strained neck), you have people snoring, some have the TV loud.
You might want to review the following thread on a DIY Night Tour of Doha. It's an easy excursion if you just want to get out of the airport for a few hours.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:24 am

Fontana welcome to the QR forum.

If you by the J lounge mean Business Class lounge then the answer is no there are no rest areas.
If you mwéan the Premium business class Al Mourjan lounge then there are two different areas one to the right of the entrance which are supposed to be recliners and relatively private and the so called family rooms far to the left and halfway through the downstairs dining area. The family rooms are open and noisy.
Neither type can be reserved but are on a first come first served basis.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thank You plunet for the Night Tour info.

and you too remdk, I meant the Al Mourjan lounge. ^
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Fontana
Thank You plunet for the Night Tour info.

and you too remdk, I meant the Al Mourjan lounge. ^
I have used the private lounges all the way to the left through the "sandwich" eating area, outside of the showers. They are small rooms with a TV (no sound) a sofa, footrest, etc. The rooms don't have a door but are sheltered from traffic. They were always very quiet when I was there, people whispering, etc. I set my iphone and we grabbed short naps without a problem. The area is drafty though. The A/C seems to blow right on you so have something to cover up with if you are sensitive to that. I have never had a problem getting a room.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:28 pm

There is also some pods to the right as you enter the lounge and they're lay flat and comfy enough. Worked OK for a decent nights kip for me a few times now.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
This is frustrating. We're flying JFK-DOH-CAI on an AA award, which, as I understand from this thread, should be eligible for the free visa. But I keep getting the "INVALID BOOKING REFERENCE" message. I know the PNR is good. What gives?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by as219
This is frustrating. We're flying JFK-DOH-CAI on an AA award, which, as I understand from this thread, should be eligible for the free visa. But I keep getting the "INVALID BOOKING REFERENCE" message. I know the PNR is good. What gives?
There are a few posters here with the same issue using AA Awards, I have the same Issue with an AA award DXB DOH BKK HKG MNL
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Applied on a AA ticketed journey. Visa was approved within 24hrs ^^
I think this situation has changed. I was just advised that tickets on AA stock do not qualify for this visa.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:18 am

Please remember that the flight numbers on the tickets must be QR flight numbers and that for return journeys starting from certain countries only qualify for the outward flight only and do not qualify for single journeys.
Most of this informtion is to be found on http://www.qatarairways.com/dk/en/qa...nsit-visa.page.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by remdk
Please remember that the flight numbers on the tickets must be QR flight numbers and that for return journeys starting from certain countries only qualify for the outward flight only and do not qualify for single journeys.
Most of this informtion is to be found on http://www.qatarairways.com/dk/en/qa...nsit-visa.page.
Flight numbers are QR. Metal is QR. One-way routing is JFK-DOH-CAI. But the ticket number is AA (001...). I had been under the impression this was enough to get the transit visa, but QR advised me 001 = no visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.