Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So are you flying to CPT or JNB?

To CPT, as remdk just documented, they did that to increase capacity while staying at 1 flight per day.

To JNB, at least in February, there are two flights per day, one is still 787 (the daytime flight southbound, the overnight flight northbound), the other one is 777 (the late night->mid morning flight southbound, the afternoon -> late evening flight northbound).

if you want to fly to CPT on a 787 most of the way, you could pick the 787 flight to JNB and then connect on Comair (or whatever the BA subsidiary is known as this week) to CPT same day.

Appreciate follow-ups from both of you. Doing DOH-CPT in January and had hoped to be able to compare the B787 (I have flown it once on the JNB route before my subsequent flights were changed to B777s) with the A350 that I'll have flown into DOH from JFK a few hours before so it would be fresh in my mind. Checking the seat map for the B777 I did notice J was pretty full, though the back of the plane was pretty empty 2 months out. Usually it's J that fills closer to flight time. As for changing via JNB, prefer the overnight direct to a day flight with a connection...though I do like the BA domestic SLOW lounges at both JNB and CPT.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Oops, double post for some reason.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Bump 2017...

I was just about to book some connecting flights for some ex-EU QR flights this Autumn, and wondered if anyone had inside knowledge about whether there was going to be another raft of schedule changes, particularly given the current airspace restrictions?

So far I've only had my October flights move +/- 10-15 minutes each way, but if there's another 2 hour shift like there was last year (see first thread), my connecting flights would be buggered, so does anyone know when they'll be buttoned down?

I'm thinking 2 months is enough notice for QR to settle its schedules, but this is QR we're talking about, so who knows...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:48 am
twr

SO I just happened to check my trip on Qatar website and there was changes made to my flight leaving Johannesburg and leaving Doha to Dps in 2 weeks time(about +-20 mins)

which I understand why, but they never sent my travel agent notification or neither did they email me, Its the first time I had time changes to my ticket, if I never happened to login to my flight on their website, how else would I have known?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by twr
SO I just happened to check my trip on Qatar website and there was changes made to my flight leaving Johannesburg and leaving Doha to Dps in 2 weeks time(about +-20 mins)

which I understand why, but they never sent my travel agent notification or neither did they email me, Its the first time I had time changes to my ticket, if I never happened to login to my flight on their website, how else would I have known?
That's something a lot of us dislike but it is the way they handle this. A lot people here use MyFlights (App or desktop versions available) which keeps tracks of your flights and inform you about any changes by email.
endet likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by toz100
That's something a lot of us dislike but it is the way they handle this. A lot people here use MyFlights (App or desktop versions available) which keeps tracks of your flights and inform you about any changes by email.
I also recommend the myflights website / app. They will notify you as soon anything has been changed on your booking. Even the assigned aircraft. Which comes in handy if on the new aircraft a better seat is available.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
OK, so not a schedule change, but plane changes for a bunch of bookings in Oct/Nov, and e.g. A350 has become an A330 out of BRU.

Seat allocations have gone haywire, so check your bookings, kids...
plunet likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:26 am

kt74 Thanks for the warning! When there are aircraft changes, often to the identical aircraft types, seats are always reallocated.Please also bare in mind that for a time, from days to weeks, the entire cabin seat map is unavailable.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by kt74
OK, so not a schedule change, but plane changes for a bunch of bookings in Oct/Nov, and e.g. A350 has become an A330 out of BRU.

Seat allocations have gone haywire, so check your bookings, kids...
Thanks for the heads up, looks like I've dodged the A330 bullet.... for now.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: QR platinum
Originally Posted by plunet
Thanks for the heads up, looks like I've dodged the A330 bullet.... for now.
Me 2
QR 193/194 A350

QR 195/196 A330
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Boston is going 787 for the month of October from A350. I didn't think they had a crew rest?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by johhn14
Boston is going 787 for the month of October from A350. I didn't think they had a crew rest?
6 J seats are to be blocked for inflight crew rest.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
hi, would appreciate some advice/knowledge here.

I booked:
QR274 and QR836 AMS-BKK via DOH with a 1h55 layover arriving at BKK 13:20

it has been changed to a QR274 and QR832 with a 9h5m layover, arriving BKK 18:50

a) can I do anything about it? its spoiled some otherwise good timings
b) does the change from a350 to a 777-300 mean it'll be Qsuite?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:59 am

a) Yes, you can change as long as you have at least 2h difference in the departure time. You can change to another departure point/city in a 500 km radius (as long as they have availability in the same class).

b) so far only 1 plane with Q Suite, and flying LHR-DOH. So no Q Suite.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by justatourist
a) Yes, you can change as long as you have at least 2h difference in the departure time. You can change to another departure point/city in a 500 km radius (as long as they have availability in the same class).

b) so far only 1 plane with Q Suite, and flying LHR-DOH. So no Q Suite.
hmm. excuse my ignorance but within 500km of AMS or DOH?
so I could fly from LON instead? would mean I could also change my return to come back to LON?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.