Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remdk
I have STPC. What Do I Do?

At Hamad International Airport:
Follow the signs for Transfer until just before the security area. The transfer desks are situated here. DO NOT enter the security area.

Please proceed to the Transfer Desk, and present yourself at the “Transit Accommodation” counter. Our staff will assist you with completing the necessary documentation and provide you a Hotel voucher.

If you are booked in a city hotel, after getting the voucher, follow signs to "Arrivals", which is downstairs. Economy and Business/First class travellers are separated to different immigrations, follow signs to the appropriate one.
Show the vouchers at immigrations.
After clearing immigrations, you enter baggage claim hall. Since bags are checked to final destination you just pass through this area following signs to exit.
If you do not see a hotel representative after exiting, you can proceed to the arrivals lounge (to the left) where you will be assisted with the hotel transfer.

The below guidelines will be applicable when you are accommodated at the Airport Hotel:

1) Once you collect the hotel voucher from the Transfer desk, our staff will guide you towards the Airport Hotel which is located in the Transit Premises of Hamad International Airport.

2) Your baggage will be checked through to your final destination. Therefore, we recommend that anything you may need during your transit stay in Doha, such as medication etc. should be placed in your carry-on luggage.

3) During the layover in Doha, you will be provided with the following:
__a) Hotel accommodation.
__b) Meal Allowance:
___i. If your transit stay (from the scheduled time of the arrival flight to the scheduled time of the departure flight) is greater than 11 hours at Doha, a monetary value will be printed on your Hotel Voucher.
___ii. You can accordingly present the voucher at the hotel and claim any meal (s) to the effect of the given
___iii. Any meal ordered/consumed in excess of the given value will require to be paid directly by the guest.
___iv. The Meal Allowance is non-refundable (if it has not been utilized for claiming meals).

4) In order to reach the boarding gate on time for your departure flight ex Doha, we recommend you to check-out from the hotel latest by 1 hour prior to the departure time of your flight.

5) This Hotel Confirmation is applicable for the above mentioned Passenger / Travel Details. The confirmation will become invalid if there are any changes in the Passenger Name / Flight Number / Flight Date / Flight Time /Class of Travel or the Passenger Name Record (PNR), after this Confirmation Receipt has been generated.

6) The Hotel Accommodation is provided only when the connection time is between 8 and 24 hours at Doha. If there is a change in the Flight Schedule (either triggered by the airline or by the guest) and the new
connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours or more than 24 hours then the existing Hotel Confirmation will become invalid.

The below guidelines will be applicable when you are accommodated at a City Hotel:

1) Once you collect the hotel voucher from the Transfer desk, our staff will guide you towards the Premium Arrival Arrival Lounge where you can complete the Immigration formalities and accordingly proceed towards the Arrival Exit for the Airport to hotel transfer. The hotel's representative will be waiting for you near the Arrival Exit or at the dedicated counter of the concerned hotel.

2) Your baggage will be checked through to your final destination. Therefore, we recommend that anything you may need during your transit stay in Doha, such as medication etc. should be placed in your carry-on luggage.

3) During the layover in Doha, you will be provided with the following:
__a) Transit visa: Issued upon your arrival at Doha. This will be subject to approval from Doha Immigration.
__b) Hotel accommodation,
__c) Complimentary Airport transfers,
__d) Meal Allowance:
___i. If your transit stay (from the scheduled time of the arrival flight to the scheduled time of the departure flight) is greater than 11 hours at Doha, a monetary value will be printed on your Hotel Voucher.
___ii. You can accordingly present the voucher at the hotel and claim any meal (s) to the effect of the given
___iii. Any meal ordered/consumed in excess of the given value will require to be paid directly by the guest.
___iv. The Meal Allowance is non-refundable (if it has not been utilized for claiming meals).

4) Transfer From Hotel back to the Airport:
__a) The Hotel will transfer you back to the airport, where you can proceed directly to the departure gate for boarding.
__b) In view of the Airport Security and Immigration procedures, we recommend you to check-out from the hotel, 3 hours before your flight if your travel is to USA and 2 hours before your flight if your travel is to any destination other than USA.

5) This Hotel Confirmation is applicable for the above mentioned Passenger / Travel Details. The confirmation will become invalid if there are any changes in the Passenger Name / Flight Number / Flight Date / Flight Time /class of travel or the Passenger Name Record (PNR), after this Confirmation Receipt has been generated.

6) The Hotel Accommodation is provided only when the connection time is between 8 and 24 hours at Doha. If there is a change in the Flight Schedule (either triggered by the airline or by the guest) and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours or more than 24 hours then the existing Hotel Confirmation will become invalid.

These guidelines are for Business Class and are QRs own but edited for clarity. The difference between J and Y guidelines is possibly that Y passengers do not use the Arrivals Lounge.

For F and J passengers QR usually use their own Oryx Rotana hotel. According to Google maps the Oryx Rotana is about 8-9 km from HIA but it is extremely close to the old airport. It is also about 2-3 km from Souq Waqif and Islamic Art Museum and the Southern end of the Corniche.

A very instructional description of the STPC process by Johnnieboy is . Another almost opposite experience by nldogbert is.
Print Wikipost

I have STPC. What Do I Do?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

lento you have two choices
1) insist on being treated as an arrival until you reach the transfer desks.
2) go to one of the Transit security areas and let them guide you through security in the reverse direction.
This is described in the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...embarking.html thread.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
What about the +Qatar program? Follow the same rules as STPC and go to transfer desk? I'm heading IAH-DOH-SIN and on the return in late July, have a room at the Sharq Village Resort courtesy of +Qatar. Do I just exit and grab an Uber or go to the transfer desk? Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by remdk
lento you have two choices
1) insist on being treated as an arrival until you reach the transfer desks.
2) go to one of the Transit security areas and let them guide you through security in the reverse direction.
This is described in the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...embarking.html thread.
Thanks alot.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

divrdrew there are three parts to your stopover package.
1) Your flights: Here you should del with QR
2) Your transit visa: Here you must deal with the Immigration authorities.
3) Your hotel: Here you should deal with the Hotel.

With STPC QR is the responsible for your flights, obtaining an STPC visa and booking the hotel. So you need to go to the QR transfer desk to get the paperwork you require.
For the free stopover package you have obtained a visa and booked a hotel yourself so you have no need of the transfer desk!

When you arrive off the SIN-DOH flight you are effectively arriving into Qatar, not in transit and thus have no need of the transit desk. Follow the normal arrivals procedure and make your own way to your hotel.

Do check at SIN that your luggage is only checked to DOH not all the way to IAH!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Thanks remdk! Appreciate the heads up. I'm excited to take my first journey on QR...just wish the Q Suite rolled out sooner lol. Just have to fly again once it's deployed more in the Us.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
I read (and re read several times!) this thread to understand what we need to do during our arrival into DOH this morning, as we have STPC (staying at the Oryx Rotana).

Given that I am slightly prone to overthinking/overplanning (as others reading this may also be prone to) I thought it would be helpful to explain how we had a slightly different process to anything mentioned above.

We we arrived into an E gate into an area where transfer passengers were subject to security checks (that was my first worry gone, that we’d have to go backwards through security somehow!) Anyway, we headed to security and I looked for the transit accommodation counter - no sign of anything marked up as such. I approached someone to ask and he said that they didn’t have this facility at this area of the airport and that we needed to get the transit train to the B gate area and look there.

So, off on the transit train, then followed signs to transfers, and arrived to find loads of security check points plus at the back of the area a bank of desks (sales, ticketing queries, plus 2 desks marked Transit Accommodation - City Hotel!) Excellent! Queued for a while - but got our documents no problem. Then downstairs to immigration to find a bit of a zoo - Huge queues everywhere. We were through in about 30 mins or so, then straight through baggage reclaim into the outside area. There were a lot of people standing around with passenger names on boards but not ours, but we were directed to a man with an Oryx Rotana clipboard who offered us the choice of a car in 15 mins or to join the shuttle bus in 5 (we went with the shuttle).

just to round out the (longwinded) story - we had a few minutes to queue at the hotel on arrival but we were in the room about 1.5 hours from landing at DOH.

Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlisonB84
Then downstairs to immigration to find a bit of a zoo - Huge queues everywhere.

There's dedicated immigration for F/J passengers over to the side in a separate room, you may find that quicker on your next visit.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
There's dedicated immigration for F/J passengers over to the side in a separate room, you may find that quicker on your next visit.
thanks Calchas - I assume it’s in a completely separate room? In our defence this time, there m was another passenger in front of us who appeared to be business as well, and she approached the customer service guy hovering and he pointed her to the main queue so to be honest we just followed her. We probably should have checked ourselves - when we looked over to the left there was a separate queue but that was longer than the main queue (but that may not have been the F/J one). I’ll look for the room next time (in about 9 days!)
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlisonB84

thanks Calchas - I assume it’s in a completely separate room? In our defence this time, there m was another passenger in front of us who appeared to be business as well, and she approached the customer service guy hovering and he pointed her to the main queue so to be honest we just followed her. We probably should have checked ourselves - when we looked over to the left there was a separate queue but that was longer than the main queue (but that may not have been the F/J one). I’ll look for the room next time (in about 9 days!)
Yes, it's in a sort of lounge, I think there are even refreshments but I've never stopped to examine them.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
some cold cuts, fruits and soft drinks.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:01 am

All went well - found the room/arrivals lounge. Stopped for a coffee as MrAB84 hadn’t had one on the plane then headed through to wait for the car to the Oryx Rotana.

A quick data point for other readers - we again docked at the c/d/e gates on the flight from Adelaide to Doha so we knew to head straight for the A/B transfer area this time. Except the train wasn’t running and it’s a long walk! Not a huge issue for us but it might be for others.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Question STPC or Discover Qatar?

Hi,

My upcoming itineray in paid J next month is CDG-DOH (QR042 arriving in DOH at 5.10pm) then DOH-JNB DOH-CPT (QR1369). The layover is just over 8 hours.
I booked a free city hotel using my PNR through the "Discover Qatar" offer and received the confirmation by email.
After reading some of the threads, I wonder whether I should cancel the booking and instead ask for a hotel voucher at the transit desk.

Any word of advice?

Last edited by zip10001; Oct 21, 2018 at 2:54 pm Reason: DOH-CPT
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
QR1369 is DOH - CPT.
And no you won't qualify for STPC as there are shorter connections available.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I didn’t book my transit hotel in time (I am eligible), and now QR says to check at transit desk. How often is a hotel available for paid biz class pax that are eligible if they wait until transit desk. Is it usually an out of luck situation or does anyone have experience waiting until the last minute to request on the spot.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
I have a 9.50 connection in Doha, arriving at 23.15 travelling in business, family of 4
What should I do ?
Do I have STPC ? travelling back to BRU and there is a flight earlier at 01.40
Stay air side ? @ the oryx ?
Lounge?
STPC Oryx Rotana

Thank You

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.