Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Atlanta route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Qatar Atlanta route

It's been pretty quiet after the launch. Anyone flown this, or have any idea how full this is? I wonder if Jetblue is supposed to help funnel people to ATL for this, with it's new 16 flights.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:24 pm

I was trying to book biz tickets. There are loads for weekdays, fewer available on weekends / fridays.

I assume the experience will be the same as JFK - DOH!! (minus lounge, I don't think they have a lounge in ATL)
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:36 pm

I'll be flyin in about 2 weeks time.
I think they use "The Club" there as a lounge .... nothing special. I have used it as a LH and BA passenger.

I 'll update after the flight.

I am really looking forward to it though.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:45 pm

living according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access QR uses "THE CLUB at ATL".
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA *Gold
Flew 7 11 Doha to Atlanta in j. J was full not sure about y, but gate agent in doh agreed when I commented that they had a lot of pax. They are doing better than TK,now offering Atlanta>BKK>atl for $3500
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: QR Gold
Apparently Delta is syping at QR at the gate in ATL. They employ people to physically count each and every passenger to board that plane!

The levels to trash some airlines resort to is beyond me.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:33 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by QatarA340
Apparently Delta is syping at QR at the gate in ATL. They employ people to physically count each and every passenger to board that plane!

I agree - sad and pathetic. DL: Improve your service and QR would not be the rage it is!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

Ah, someone else who reads OMAAT.

M
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Ah, someone else who reads OMAAT.

M
What's OMAAT?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:41 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
What's OMAAT?
One Mile at a Time - Google it.

M
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
I agree - sad and pathetic. DL: Improve your service and QR would not be the rage it is!
+1
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by golferjoe
Flew 7 11 Doha to Atlanta in j. J was full not sure about y, but gate agent in doh agreed when I commented that they had a lot of pax. They are doing better than TK,now offering Atlanta>BKK>atl for $3500
Who's doing ATL-BKK-ATL for 3500, QR or TK?

OK, I just checked and TK are doing it for $3498. That's cheap!! Are Turkish any good? I've looked at some youtube videos and it hard to tell. Anyone flown QR and TK, how do they stack up? My interest is that I live about a 4 hour drive from Atlanta.

Last edited by capin; Jul 13, 2016 at 8:05 pm
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
One Mile at a Time - Google it.

M
I actually read about this in Airliners.net and not OMAAT
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:10 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by capin

OK, I just checked and TK are doing it for $3498. That's cheap!! Are Turkish any good? I've looked at some youtube videos and it hard to tell. Anyone flown QR and TK, how do they stack up? My interest is that I live about a 4 hour drive from Atlanta.
TK - better meals & lounge
QR - better hard product

F/A's can be hit and miss on both airlines, maybe less miss on QR.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Trash, sad and pathetic?!?
Folks who work for the government or a monopoly might not be familiar with benchmarking or competitor analysis. But most respectable companies in competitive industries have departments dedicated to such research. It is actually a healthy and desired behavior, compared to high profile executives lobbying their regulators to stifle competition.
Directives like "improve your service" are not specific enough. Before an airline decides to add a feature or enhance it away, it needs to collect some numbers to justify the decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.