When does QR desk in SYD open?

Old Jul 11, 16, 11:38 am
Original Poster

When does QR desk in SYD open?

I'm hoping it's earlier than the standard 3 hours so I can spend some quality time in the QF lounge!

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jul 11, 16 at 12:00 pm
Old Jul 12, 16, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm surprised no-one has an answer. I flew in to SYD with QR but not out, so can't say for sure.

If I was to guess, I'd say that it will open 3 hours before, not any more. I think the only exception to this that I've seen are where some people have managed to check in at BKK/SIN where two flights leave within a few hours of each other.
Old Jul 12, 16, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrvincent View Post
I'm surprised no-one has an answer. I flew in to SYD with QR but not out, so can't say for sure.

If I was to guess, I'd say that it will open 3 hours before, not any more. I think the only exception to this that I've seen are where some people have managed to check in at BKK/SIN where two flights leave within a few hours of each other.
Thanks mrvincent! My guess it the route is still fairly new, hence the lack of responses.
Old Jul 13, 16, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Thanks mrvincent! My guess it the route is still fairly new, hence the lack of responses.
I don't know when you're flying, but it would be great if you could report back if/when you find the answer! I'm going through in about 6 weeks (and also want to make the most of the QF lounge) so I'll report back after my flight if there's been no update before then.
Old Jul 13, 16, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it's open earlier than 3 hours. Other foreign airlines I've flown out of SYD on are pretty strict (e.g. NZ, BA, SQ). With hand baggage only and online check in, I've had no problem getting airside earlier though

Having said that, and I do love the QF F lounge, but 3 hours beforehand is plenty for a lazy 3 course meal! I'd rather stay longer in Sydney
Old Jul 13, 16, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JustTheOne View Post
I don't know when you're flying, but it would be great if you could report back if/when you find the answer! I'm going through in about 6 weeks (and also want to make the most of the QF lounge) so I'll report back after my flight if there's been no update before then.
I'm headed there in a couple months, so sounds like you'll be there before I do.

I once spent 13 hours in the Al-Safwa lounge so I obviously don't mind long stays, although having an opportunity to stay in Sydney again will be nice.
Old Sep 22, 16, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
I'm hoping it's earlier than the standard 3 hours so I can spend some quality time in the QF lounge!
Reporting back live from the QF First lounge in Sydney: the desks opened around 18:20, so about 3.5 hours before the flight. Faffing in front of us at check in combined with poor queue management and the usual security and passport stuff meant we got to the lounge at close to 19:10. Enjoy it when you get there, iluvdoco!

Last edited by JustTheOne; Sep 22, 16 at 4:33 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: