Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

More then 50% of seats blocked - anyone knows what is going on?

More then 50% of seats blocked - anyone knows what is going on?

Old Mar 19, 18, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
I’m so confused by this. Are these seats being blocked as a courtesy to premium paying and elite level Pax? I’m not so sure. While all the seats next to me on my last five flights have been blocked, they ended up putting people there even when sets of two were still open elsewhere. Not sure if that’s just outstation ground crew being clueless, but I’ve always been able to rearrange later to have an empty seat if he wove was available. Just don’t understand if this is QR being nice or just an IT issue.
Old Mar 19, 18, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
Iím so confused by this. Are these seats being blocked as a courtesy to premium paying and elite level Pax? Iím not so sure. While all the seats next to me on my last five flights have been blocked, they ended up putting people there even when sets of two were still open elsewhere. Not sure if thatís just outstation ground crew being clueless, but Iíve always been able to rearrange later to have an empty seat if he wove was available. Just donít understand if this is QR being nice or just an IT issue.
I've seen this situation for the past year always had a seat beside me blocked then overridden during olci my last flight on March 12th QR 15 they even put a pax beside me when the flight was almost empty in Y I eventually upgraded to J at the airport just another example of the decline of QRPC and why I won't use QR again
Old Nov 19, 18, 5:40 pm

I've been looking at some QR flights much further out (early March 2019) and I too am seeing more than half the seats blocked, including ALL J middle seats on two QSuites flights i'm looking at. Does this really just mean that 19 J passengers on a DOH-MLE flight in March have opted not to select a seat yet? Or is there a better explanation? And what does this mean for my chances of finding award J availability sometime between now and March?

Thanks as always!
Old Nov 20, 18, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by danwer930 View Post
I've been looking at some QR flights much further out (early March 2019) and I too am seeing more than half the seats blocked, including ALL J middle seats on two QSuites flights i'm looking at. Does this really just mean that 19 J passengers on a DOH-MLE flight in March have opted not to select a seat yet? Or is there a better explanation? And what does this mean for my chances of finding award J availability sometime between now and March?

Thanks as always!
It is my ovservation that these seats are usually blocked. I think it might be different for PNRs with 2 or more pax.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: