Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which BOS Lounge (OWE)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Ausriver
No wonder flights to BOS is way cheaper than NYC
I don't think they are (as a rule). I fly TATL from both BOS and JFK around once or twice each month. Flying from BOS is much better experience for me than JFK. Nice compact terminal (E), less busy, shorter lines - no shower but most customers won't need one. Appreciate this doesn't meet your needs in this instance though.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
No showers in any of the Boston lounges except AA Admirals Club in a totally separate terminal that cant access unless flying from. AA lounges actually have really nice shower facilities and this is pretty consistent across network. Years ago the Boston Admirals Club also had a Flagship Lounge (separate for top tier or first class) that was very nice and comparable to a decent lounge like LH Senator or BA Galleries/First. I heard there the international terminal E will be updated and much better lounges planned. Boston has increased international nonstops dramatically over the past year.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
No personal experience but I have read of people using their UA BP to access LH lounge in terminal E so I imagine you could use a terminal E BP to access terminal B? There are a couple of buses that travel between the terminals or if you're light on luggage you could walk across the central parking garage that connects all the terminals.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by kq747
No personal experience but I have read of people using their UA BP to access LH lounge in terminal E so I imagine you could use a terminal E BP to access terminal B? There are a couple of buses that travel between the terminals or if you're light on luggage you could walk across the central parking garage that connects all the terminals.
Not sure how that makes sense. Of course a *A elite could access another *A lounge in the same terminal. Accessing a completely different terminal is a different kettle of fish, and a cursory search on FT shows this to be difficult to impossible.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by User Name
Not sure how that makes sense. Of course a *A elite could access another *A lounge in the same terminal. Accessing a completely different terminal is a different kettle of fish, and a cursory search on FT shows this to be difficult to impossible.
As I said, I have read stories on FT where people have in fact used a same day BP to access a terminal other than the one they are departing from so it is not impossible unless the TSA agents in BOS have recently changed their policy on this. Ausriver could therefore go to terminal B, access the admirals club as a OWE and shower, leave the secure area and take the bus/walk to terminal E to re clear security. Ausriver stated that they have plenty of time to kill.

I myself have done this at EWR as a *G during a long conenction, leaving the secure area, clearing security in a completely different terminal, using the LH senator lounge for a few hours and then going back to the united terminal and reclearing security. I have also read people do this at LAX to access TBIT lounges on domestic itineraries. Considering the state of domestic lounges I think it is completely worth it if you are not pressed for time. If Ausriver, really wants a shower then it may well be worth it.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
As I said, I have read stories on FT where people have in fact used a same day BP to access a terminal other than the one they are departing from so it is not impossible unless the TSA agents in BOS have recently changed their policy on this. Ausriver could therefore go to terminal B, access the admirals club as a OWE and shower, leave the secure area and take the bus/walk to terminal E to re clear security. Ausriver stated that they have plenty of time to kill.

I myself have done this at EWR as a *G during a long conenction, leaving the secure area, clearing security in a completely different terminal, using the LH senator lounge for a few hours and then going back to the united terminal and reclearing security. I have also read people do this at LAX to access TBIT lounges on domestic itineraries. Considering the state of domestic lounges I think it is completely worth it if you are not pressed for time. If Ausriver, really wants a shower then it may well be worth it.
Allowing access to non-departing terminals varies from airport to airport. At some this can be done, at others its not permitted.

As for the TBIT access from T4 and vice versa, you used to have to exit and clear security at the other terminal, but now there is an airside connector between those terminals.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Allowing access to non-departing terminals varies from airport to airport. At some this can be done, at others its not permitted.

As for the TBIT access from T4 and vice versa, you used to have to exit and clear security at the other terminal, but now there is an airside connector between those terminals.
I am aware that policy varies from airport to airport but I was responding the post that said it would be near "impossible" to do so where I have read others posting about successfully doing this at BOS and LAX (pre connector) and the fact that I have done this at EWR.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
You cannot pass through security in Boston unless you have a ticket for departure from that terminal.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Development
You cannot pass through security in Boston unless you have a ticket for departure from that terminal.
Is this a new rule or just an old rule that is selectively enforced?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:35 pm

Is this a new rule or just an old rule that is selectively enforced?
Your post made no sense as it made no reference to any evidence of switching terminals...

No personal experience but I have read of people using their UA BP to access LH lounge in terminal E <snip>
...this was just based upon someone already in Terminal E using a *A BP to access another *A lounge, which is something completely different.

Have you ever been to BOS?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:45 pm

Both lounges are a dump. The terminal is overcrowded and both lounges barely have seats available.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Maybe I should arrive as late as possible?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Maybe I should arrive as late as possible?
That's what I did. Just enough time to have a glass of champagne at the BA First Lounge prior to boarding.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
How's security check like? How much time do we normally need to pass through everything to be able to enjoy the champagne at BA F?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:11 pm

The terminal is really small. But QR boards very early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.