Unavailable Seat Map

Old May 17, 2016, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Unavailable Seat Map

We have two flights from Edinburgh to Hanoi (45 min transit at Doha) which some of you know is stressing me out. Now, the second flight's seat map is showing as unavailable. We leave on Thursday. Why does this happen? I like to double check everything and now can't see our seats
Old May 17, 2016, 5:24 am

Appears to happen with some regularity two days before the flight.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Smiley2
We have two flights from Edinburgh to Hanoi (45 min transit at Doha) which some of you know is stressing me out. Now, the second flight's seat map is showing as unavailable. We leave on Thursday. Why does this happen? I like to double check everything and now can't see our seats
For some reason when the cabin is full, the seat map is unavailable, try to check on seat expert
Old May 17, 2016, 5:33 am
Original Poster

I have just checked on ExpertFlyer and I can see the blocked seats etc for that flight which is good. I changed our seats from Row 17 (Due to finding out that there is a blocked window) to Row 29 and I can see that there is a blocked seat next to us. We have flown many times with QR but this has never happened before and I do like to double check everything before checking in online!
Old May 17, 2016, 5:41 am

Smiley2 there are two main reasons for seat maps vanishing from the website.
1 There is a change of aircraft type and the reassignment of seats has not been completed.
2 OLCI has opened. (48 hours before departure).
There are many other much less common reasons such as seat reassignment due to a VIP or a large group.
If you want to check use OLCI.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:06 am
Original Poster

It must be a change of aircraft then as I can't quite check in online yet. This is the second flight for us and the first is still available to see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.