Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
Question: I am now Plat and the tier calculator froze and I am on about 400 qpoints. What happens when I reach the 600 mark on my own, will that extend my plat qualification when it runs out next year? I just want to know what happens to my q point accruals while I am upgraded via globetrotter.

Thanks in advance!
Upgrade Me 2017 My understanding is that you are Platinum until the renewal date stated on your Tier calculator. Then the Qpoints earned in the previous 12 months or 24 months will be examined to see if you re-qualify for Platinum.

You will continue to earn Qpoints in the usual manner and your future status depends upon them.

I have tried to explain a very complicated situation as simply and understandably as possible. If you feel that I have failed please ask again.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:21 am

I believe the scenario being enquired about is as follows:

* For those whose status was upgraded to Platinum, the status will last until 17 April 2017.
* The OP already has 400 Qpoints, and reaches 600 Qpoints between, for example, 1 July 2016 and 1 July 2017.

Question: Does the above constitute 'renewal' on 1 July 2017, and therefore extend the Platinum status by 1 year to 17 April 2019?

Based on general principles, rather than QRPC experience, I'm inclined to say yes, it will be renewed for a further year. However, those more familiar with QRPC may be able to advise more accurately.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Unfortunately QRPC status are not renewed/prolongated each time you reach the required amount of Qpoints, but it works just like remdk described it : at the renewal date, they will check if you meet the renewal criterias (number of Qpoints earned during the previous 12 or 24 months AND minimum number of QR operated flights).
Upgrade Me 2017 should check again the Tier Calculator in a few weeks or months. It will probably unfreeze and show the correct amount of Qpoints he needs to renew it's status (the rule for Platinum status is 540 Qpoints during the previous 12 months or 1080 Qpoints during the previous 24 months)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4
Unfortunately QRPC status are not renewed/prolongated each time you reach the required amount of Qpoints, but it works just like remdk described it : at the renewal date, they will check if you meet the renewal criterias (number of Qpoints earned during the previous 12 or 24 months AND minimum number of QR operated flights).
Upgrade Me 2017 should check again the Tier Calculator in a few weeks or months. It will probably unfreeze and show the correct amount of Qpoints he needs to renew it's status (the rule for Platinum status is 540 Qpoints during the previous 12 months or 1080 Qpoints during the previous 24 months)
Dear remdk, Star and Matt, thanks allot I much appreciate your replies. It seems to me that its a gray undefined area. I am on 400 q points now, and I have two long haul J class flights coming up (DOH - JFK and DOH - SYD) plus some other shorter trips which should get me to 600 lets say by 31 July 2017 (understanding this is also on a rolling basis).

If I had not done globetrotter, that would mean that on 31 July 2017 I qualify as Plat on my own, the I have it until 31 July 2018. So if those 600 q points are not taken into consideration and not added and I am currently on a globetrotter bump, then the net benefit I have received for doing globetrotter is Plat status from 17 April 2017 to 31 July 2017 (when I would have qualified on my own for platinum). So basically that would mean I planned for a year of globetrotter to only get plat for 4 months, seems unfair! I hope that my mileage accrual will be taken into consideration post April 2018, fingers crossed!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
Dear remdk, Star and Matt, thanks allot I much appreciate your replies. It seems to me that its a gray undefined area. I am on 400 q points now, and I have two long haul J class flights coming up (DOH - JFK and DOH - SYD) plus some other shorter trips which should get me to 600 lets say by 31 July 2017 (understanding this is also on a rolling basis).

If I had not done globetrotter, that would mean that on 31 July 2017 I qualify as Plat on my own, the I have it until 31 July 2018. So if those 600 q points are not taken into consideration and not added and I am currently on a globetrotter bump, then the net benefit I have received for doing globetrotter is Plat status from 17 April 2017 to 31 July 2017 (when I would have qualified on my own for platinum). So basically that would mean I planned for a year of globetrotter to only get plat for 4 months, seems unfair! I hope that my mileage accrual will be taken into consideration post April 2018, fingers crossed!
Upgrade Me 2017 it is obvious that you have not understood what is a very complex situation and are confusing matters even more with your questions.
Let us get the facts and we can move on from there.
1. What membership level were you just before the Globetrotter results were posted?

2. When did this level expire? You should be able to see this by looking at https://qmiles.qatarairways.com/ffpo...hboardMain.jsf where top left there should be a comment that n Qcredits expire on a specific date. There should also be a second one for the 60 Qcredits earned by Globetrotter. It is the first one you need here.

3. What is the tier expiry dte? This can be seen at the top of http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...lege-club.page once you have logged in to PC. Click on your name and your tier expiry date is on the right. This should be the same as the second Qcredit expiry comment mentioned in 2 above.

4. Using the expiry date from 3 how many Qpoints have you earned in the 12 months previous to that date?

5. How many Qpoints did you earn in the year prior to that?

6. How may Qpoints do you expect to earn between now and the new expiry date?

If the sum of 4 and 6 is 540 or more then you will requalify for Platinum for a further year.
Or if the sum of 4, 5 and 6 is 1080 or more then you will requalify for Platinum for a further year.

Remember that if your expiry date is say 15/4/2018 then you should count from 16/4/2017 9 (OR 16/4/2016 for the 24 month renewal rule).

Since you are already Platinum you do not need 600 Qpoints to requalify nor can you be upgraded to the same level that you already are at.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by remdk
Upgrade Me 2017 it is obvious that you have not understood what is a very complex situation and are confusing matters even more with your questions.
Let us get the facts and we can move on from there.
1. What membership level were you just before the Globetrotter results were posted?

2. When did this level expire? You should be able to see this by looking at https://qmiles.qatarairways.com/ffpo...hboardMain.jsf where top left there should be a comment that n Qcredits expire on a specific date. There should also be a second one for the 60 Qcredits earned by Globetrotter. It is the first one you need here.

3. What is the tier expiry dte? This can be seen at the top of http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...lege-club.page once you have logged in to PC. Click on your name and your tier expiry date is on the right. This should be the same as the second Qcredit expiry comment mentioned in 2 above.

4. Using the expiry date from 3 how many Qpoints have you earned in the 12 months previous to that date?

5. How many Qpoints did you earn in the year prior to that?

6. How may Qpoints do you expect to earn between now and the new expiry date?

If the sum of 4 and 6 is 540 or more then you will requalify for Platinum for a further year.
Or if the sum of 4, 5 and 6 is 1080 or more then you will requalify for Platinum for a further year.

Remember that if your expiry date is say 15/4/2018 then you should count from 16/4/2017 9 (OR 16/4/2016 for the 24 month renewal rule).

Since you are already Platinum you do not need 600 Qpoints to requalify nor can you be upgraded to the same level that you already are at.
Dear Remdk thanks for your reply. I was gold before the status upgrade (naturally) and I accumilated 400 points over past year. The calculator froze so I am unable to move the bar like I used to see what will be expiring soon as its on a rolling basis. I think based on all the information, I will be able to retain my plat status after the globetrotter status bump ends on 16/4/2018. Much appreciate your input!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:57 am

Last GT2015 bonus posted

I've just checked my account and could see that the last 10,000 Qmiles bonus for having participated in GT2015 has been posted today with a post date on 23-APR.
Now I'm waiting they find a way to ask Platinum member to choose between a 1 year status extension or 50,000 Qmiles...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4
I've just checked my account and could see that the last 10,000 Qmiles bonus for having participated in GT2015 has been posted today with a post date on 23-APR.
Now I'm waiting they find a way to ask Platinum member to choose between a 1 year status extension or 50,000 Qmiles...
I also received my 5,000 Qmiles for GT 2015 on 23-Apr. Being also a Platinum member I asked them to credit me the 50,000 Qmiles (as I already did requalify for Platinum at current tier expirattion date ) in a message to QRPC-team on April 17th. They replied via emial on April 18th as follows:

" Dear Mr. ......,
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.
We acknowledge your request that you wish to receive 50,000 Bonus Qmiles and not the tier extension, as per Globetrotter Campaign.
We wish to inform you that our concerned team is working on your request and it will be awarded at the earliest.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this regard.
Do let us know if we can assist you any further."
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
My additional 50,000 Bonus QMiles just posted (as opposed to the tier extension). A very happy Platinum member here!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Ditto - mine posted today without being asked (i guess as I'm already at 1000+ QPoints with 5 days till my plat renewal date! )

Happy!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Mine as well!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:28 pm

As toz100 suggested I sent an email to QR yesterday requesting 50,000 Qmiles instead of a 1 Year Platinum tier renewal but I haven't get them yet...
Old May 1, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
So, who thinks there will be a 2017-18 Globetrotter Campaign? And, if so, when will the details be announced?

Last year's was announced on/around 8 May 2016. I am hopeful for a repeat but am holding off planning/buying a few flights until things become clearer.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
So, who thinks there will be a 2017-18 Globetrotter Campaign? And, if so, when will the details be announced?

Last year's was announced on/around 8 May 2016. I am hopeful for a repeat but am holding off planning/buying a few flights until things become clearer.
I've noticed on most Country websites out here in Asia and the Pacific that the current round of "specials" fares expire on 03 May 2017. I do wonder what may follow after then, first week of May. Globetrotter MK 3 with Q points would be great. However, I would expect details may be already well worked out//
Old May 7, 2017, 8:42 am
Suspended

I was just credited the extension instead of the miles. I made a complaint and asked for miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.