Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Also received the 100k but no tier upgrade yet... Guess I'll give them a couple more days as they probably authorise it all by hand. Technically also waiting on another 5k miles for the last city for participating last year also...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:03 am

Are we still missing the 5k or 10k bonus?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Originally Posted by tboons
Are we still missing the 5k or 10k bonus?
Well, for badge 3 I had to wait until Feb 1st. Sure enough it was there on Feb 1st. Maybe this means we'll have to wait until May 1st for the last 5/10k? Who knows...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
pleased to report I just received my 100k miles and will request another year of Platinum which has been an awesome benefit
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
100 K hit this morning, no status upgrade, hopefully soon. Nice to see the milage bump in the account
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
Well, for badge 3 I had to wait until Feb 1st. Sure enough it was there on Feb 1st. Maybe this means we'll have to wait until May 1st for the last 5/10k? Who knows...
Still waiting for my 10 K of my 4th badge as well
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Whoot, Wife and self now have our 100,000. Though impatient wife wants her upgrade to Platinum stat!
In the past, to make her jealous, I made the mistake of telling her that every new Platinum member receives a complimentary unicorn. I guess the jig is up!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:04 am

I just got the email! Hello Plat and OW Emerald!

Dear xxxxxx

It is our pleasure to welcome you to the much coveted Platinum membership status with Privilege Club.

As one of the world’s most generous loyalty programmes, you can earn Qmiles every time you fly with Qatar Airways and enjoy a range of great benefits designed to make your travel arrangements easier and your journey more comfortable.

As a Platinum member you will enjoy the below exclusive benefits:

• Tier bonus – an additional 100% of the base miles
• Family programme – family members earn 100% of the Qmiles
• 60 Qcredits
• Priority check-in and boarding
• Excess baggage allowance – 20kgs or 1 piece
• Lounge access and 5 complimentary ‘one visit’ guest lounge passes
• Al Maha ‘meet and greet’ service at Hamad International Airport
• Discounts on online redemptions, Qatar Airways Holiday packages and award fees waivers
• Preferential “Shop and Pay with Qmiles” rate at Qatar Duty Free and Oryx Galleria
• Special discount for purchases at Qatar Duty Free
• Guaranteed seat in Economy Class for revenue tickets and many more
• "Priority Services" at our Contact Centres

To find out more about all the benefits available to you as a Platinum member, please visit qmiles.com

We shall send your new Platinum membership pack to your registered mailing address and the same shall reach you within 3-4 weeks. In the meantime, please continue to use your existing membership card as your new membership tier has been updated in our systems and you will be able to enjoy Platinum tier benefits immediately.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Also got email .. checked my account and there it was. However , only 60 qcredits ??? I had already re qualified for gold.. am I missing something ?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
My bonus 100k landed exactly on 15th - I wonder how they are going to give us plats the option whether to extend by a year or extra 50k...!!? No bonus for the badge or participation in last years GT yet.

I actually haven't decided which one to take yet...any other plats got any thoughts??? My plat status is up for renewal mid may but i've already got enough for requal - whether they will offer me till May '19!!?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by theox
My bonus 100k landed exactly on 15th - I wonder how they are going to give us plats the option whether to extend by a year or extra 50k...!!? No bonus for the badge or participation in last years GT yet.

I actually haven't decided which one to take yet...any other plats got any thoughts??? My plat status is up for renewal mid may but i've already got enough for requal - whether they will offer me till May '19!!?
When they offer me the choice,I plan to take the points as I doubt they will offer to extend it a year from the time that you 'may' slide down to gold.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:26 am

Update. My wife just got her welcome to Platinum email.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
When they offer me the choice,I plan to take the points as I doubt they will offer to extend it a year from the time that you 'may' slide down to gold.
I plan to take the qmiles too as I'm expecting to requalify for Platinum again this year based on the qpoints earnt for my flights.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:25 am

I asked about the fourth badge extra bonus miles for previous Globetrotter participants, and got the following reply:

"We wish to inform you that our relevant team in already working on to credited eligible Globetrotter offer benefits to members respective account.

Hence, we request you to help us with some more time in order to credit your eligible offer bonus."
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict
I plan to take the qmiles too as I'm expecting to requalify for Platinum again this year based on the qpoints earnt for my flights.
Question: I am now Plat and the tier calculator froze and I am on about 400 qpoints. What happens when I reach the 600 mark on my own, will that extend my plat qualification when it runs out next year? I just want to know what happens to my q point accruals while I am upgraded via globetrotter.

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.