Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
My 5000 missing Qmiles have just been posted to my account today although I haven't yet contacted QR about this issue ! :-)
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:12 pm

Globetrotter 2017?

I believe there have been two Globetrotter promotions so far. The first one ran from March to December 2015, the second (current) one runs from mid-May 2016 to mid-March 2017.

I need to book a flight in April 2017 and am wondering about the next Globetrotter. I guess we don't yet know when that will come, what the rules will be, or indeed whether there will even be another one.

If and when any well-informed forum members can offer any insights on this, they will be very welcome! Perhaps at that point we might start a new thread.

Happy New Year to all!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:01 am

Last theme extended until March 15th

I've just received an email about the last theme (Cultural Exploration) starting yesterday and noticed they extended the travel period until March 15th which I could confirmed when consulting the offer in my account (I have a previous screenshot showing it was until March 10th). That's a good news as it makes it more convenient for me
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I hope that if they do a third GlobeTrotter Promotion, they will let people know the cities BEFORE May. A bit more advance notice to plan the trips would be welcome.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Just completed Globetrotter 2 Today

Am I first ?? CMB ,SIN , SGN , LXR all themes shown as completed just got to wait for those mega bonus miles to post .
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:06 pm

SullyofDoha might it not be an idea to wait until the current Globetrotter promotion finishes, in 3-4 months time, before we start even thinking about a possible new promotion?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:13 pm

I'll fly to one of the given destinations in late February and will then earn my fourth badge. At that time I will still be Gold but due to some more flights after that I should reach Platinum at 15th March.

Does anyone of the 2015 participants know whether I'll still receive the 50.000 miles or one year tier extension as I'll have reached Platinum before the end of the promotion (but after earning the 4th badge).
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:34 pm

Dani289 the promotion finishes some time after the last theme closes with the award of upgrades/miles etc. If you reach Platinum before the day the awards are made then you will be treated as Platinum.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:35 am

remdk thanks for your help.

Now I have to decide whether to go for the tier extension or the additional 50k Qmiles.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
I will earn the 4th badge next week and I e-mailed Privilege Club ([email protected]) this morning to ask for the additional 50,000 Qmiles (instead of the status extension) at the end of the campaign as I will easily retain my Platinum status and the extra miles would be more useful. I am waiting for acknowledgement/confirmation.

Edited to add:

I just received a reply (in flowery stilted English) asking me to contact them again at the end of the campaign "for us to assist you in a better manner".

Last edited by Work-Shy; Jan 3, 2017 at 5:57 am Reason: Additional information
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by remdk
SullyofDoha might it not be an idea to wait until the current Globetrotter promotion finishes, in 3-4 months time, before we start even thinking about a possible new promotion?
Considering we've had eight months to figure out where to fly for the fourth component of the campaign, I'd like to know as early as possible where the new campaign might take us ;-)
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:04 am

SullyofDoha who says there will be a new Globetrotter event?
IF, and I do mean IF, there is a new Globetrotter I doubt that QR have sufficient details to release yet. You like everyone else will have to have patience and wait and see what happens.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:09 am

3rd badge received

I've just got an email with the 3rd badge, Culinary Journey, but the corresponding 10,000 bonus Qmiles for having participated in GT2015 haven't been posted to my account yet.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Matt4 Do you mean GT2016 ? If so:
When did you take your flight ? In my case all Globetrotter bonuses were credited at the same time as my normal Qmiles. However, the email regarding the Badge was sent once the travel theme ended. Check you statement (online). Perhaps your Qmiles were posted some time ago.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Matt4 Do you mean GT2016 ? If so:
When did you take your flight ? In my case all Globetrotter bonuses were credited at the same time as my normal Qmiles. However, the email regarding the Badge was sent once the travel theme ended. Check you statement (online). Perhaps your Qmiles were posted some time ago.
I think Matt4 is referring to the additional bonus miles for those that also completed GT2015. These are on top of the theme destination bonuses, and are due to be awarded around one month after each theme.

I'm sure these will turn up in accounts over the next few days...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.