Business Lounge at Birmingham?

Old May 16, 16, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by remdk View Post
Whilst QR are just too lazy to update their list of lounges there are always Oneworld lounges that can be used.
There is no Oneworld lounge at BHX.
Old May 16, 16, 12:54 pm

FlyingScientist https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access says
"No1 Traveller Lounge
Location details: Main Terminal, Duty Free Area
Opening hours: Daily: 0430-2100hrs
Notes: This Lounge can be used by the following Customers: Qatar Airways frequent flyers (Platinum, Gold and Silver), Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire Customers, First and Business Class Customers when traveling on Qatar Airways. No1 Traveller will also provide access to all oneworld Top Tier customers travelling on oneworld flights as per the lounge access policy.
Operated by a third party."
Old May 17, 16, 7:48 am

Programs: QR Plat, Flying Blue Plat
My 2 cents worth... Flew BHX-DOH in QR J around a month ago. The No 1 Lounge at BHX was decent.

Very similar to the No1 in LHR - staffed bar for booze (but free), decent seating, limited food buffet and the option to order other stuff off the menu (usually this takes a while in LHR, didn't try it in BHX). Seating was comfortable, but could get limited, but I believe EK use a different lounge, so not much chance of getting overcrowded with an A380 departure. Also appeared not to have a lav (it's rather un-salubriously located in the same corridor as the lavs).

At that time (QR034)it was pretty quiet and I had no issue finding a quiet spot to get some work done. All in all it was a solid offering. Nothing over the top, but all decent.
Old May 17, 16, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG/Marriot Gold.
I'm trying to recall if there ever was an exception to any Priority Pass lounge I've been to (Dublin, Hannover, about 3 in Budapest, Montego Bay, Cancun, Vegas), but none have ever had a toilet in the ones I've been to..... Always the toilets in the main airport.
Old May 20, 17, 2:13 am

Programs: QR Gold
I know theres almost zero point in even asking based off past experience at other UK airports, but any arrivals lounge at BHX?... Got a couple of hours to kill next month between landing and catching a train.
Old May 20, 17, 2:45 am

joeu1998 QR only have arrivals lunges at DOH and since arrivals lounges are not part of the Oneworld agreement I am afraid that there is no available arrivals lounge at BHX.
Old May 20, 17, 3:20 am

Programs: QRPC Gold
There is a nice costa coffee with decent wifi just at arrivals - 2 min walk to station from here so that's what i've done in the past!
Old May 20, 17, 5:32 am

No arrivals lounge for anyone in Birmingham.
Old May 20, 17, 7:02 am

Programs: QR Gold
remdk and smid no problem, thanks for the information. I had a nice visit to the arrivals lounge in DOH on a recent trip but wasn't sure how common these facilities were globally. Only major hubs obviously.

theox thanks for the tip, I'll have to wait it out at Costa!
Old May 21, 17, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by joeu1998 View Post
remdk and smid no problem, thanks for the information. I had a nice visit to the arrivals lounge in DOH on a recent trip but wasn't sure how common these facilities were globally. Only major hubs obviously.

theox thanks for the tip, I'll have to wait it out at Costa!
Arrival lounges tend to be aimed at the business person, travelling in business. Ie: to get a shower and changed after an overnight flight, and head onwards to meetings. A few different ones at Heathrow, but district airports just don't have them...