Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load
Not always guarded, true (at least not with any rigour !) though for the most part I would say it is respected by travellers. Rogue users are - generally - guilty of honest error / confusion rather than misbehaviour.
It's not particularly obvious either, for those that don't know it's there. I am surprised QR didn't take the chance to have a security line in the transit area that feeds directly into the AM lounge.

Ideally, something like this:

Old May 4, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
Not impressed with this business lounge at all. The trip down the escalator only to find you had to join a queue for another escalator to travel to above the floor you've just come from was weird.
The lifts that take you from transfer security straight to the lounge are directly opposite the exit from the premium class security lanes, and are well signed.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
The trip down the escalator only to find you had to join a queue for another escalator to travel to above the floor you've just come from was weird.
Originally Posted by Schwann
It's not particularly obvious either, for those that don't know it's there. I am surprised QR didn't take the chance to have a security line in the transit area that feeds directly into the AM lounge.
Originally Posted by tom tulpe
The lifts that take you from transfer security straight to the lounge are directly opposite the exit from the premium class security lanes, and are well signed.
There are two security transit areas in the central part of the airport, on opposite sides. One is below Al Mourjan; the other is below Al Safwa. Which one you're in when going through transit security depends on your arrival gate. I'm sure that there's a way to tell which side you're on, but I don't know what it is.
Schwann likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Well call me thick but I didn't notice them.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:09 am

QR Gold Lounge Pass or Guests access

Hi! I will be transiting in Doha to Manila with initially a Y ticket, and recently upgraded it to business class using Qcredits (im currently on QR Gold). My husband who is QR Gold as well will be travelling with me but on a J ticket. Will he be able to get me in the Al Mourjan Lounge either as a guest for QR Gold, or using a Lounge Pass, since he is on a paid business class ticket?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by pbmac88
Hi! I will be transiting in Doha to Manila with initially a Y ticket, and recently upgraded it to business class using Qcredits (im currently on QR Gold). My husband who is QR Gold as well will be travelling with me but on a J ticket. Will he be able to get me in the Al Mourjan Lounge either as a guest for QR Gold, or using a Lounge Pass, since he is on a paid business class ticket?
No
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Overnight stay in the lounge

Hi,

Looks like I will be looking for a quiet room to doze for a few overnight hours in July.

Doing EDI-DOH-SIN ( arr DOH 0040 then dep 0715) in J

then the following weekend SIN-DOH-EDI ( arr DOH 0005 then dep 0745) again in J

First time to SIN and on QR via DOH ( and starting from EDI my local airport saves positioning costs and time ) but will be a couple of poor nights sleep.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
Looks like I will be looking for a quiet room to doze for a few overnight hours in July.
Doing EDI-DOH-SIN ( arr DOH 0040 then dep 0715) in J
then the following weekend SIN-DOH-EDI ( arr DOH 0005 then dep 0745) again in J
First time to SIN and on QR via DOH ( and starting from EDI my local airport saves positioning costs and time ) but will be a couple of poor nights sleep.
Regards
TBS
You’ll be fine - after 1am, there should be some, if not quite a few availability in the sleeping / quiet room.
I’ve done it once or twice ... but I try to avoid layovers of > 4 hrs now.

Take note that there’s a section at the far end that has 2 shared rooms w/ 2 recliners each vs. actual flat “beds” like the other area (entrance side, nearest to the deli)

At least you won’t hv to use the FCL lounge -

Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: qr
Or TBS if flying on a paid j class tct you could pay for al safwa entrance and see if you can get a proper sleeping room
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Thanks kaffir76 and tav1989!. Will try those ( did not know you could pay for Al safwa?)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: qr
No worries think its 250 QR ryials and you can ask before you purchase entrance if a room available max time for paid access is 6 hours which could work for you
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Thanks again tav1989!

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Lightbulb $69: Qatar al safwa first class lounge upgrade

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
Thanks kaffir76 and tav1989!. Will try those ( did not know you could pay for Al safwa?)
Regards
TBS
Enjoy the $200-$300 wine s/ champagne

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...ine-entry-fee/
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by pbmac88
This is what the QR website says about Gold members and their benefit of taking a guest to the lounge:
Main member and guest must be travelling on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways. Guest’s flight must be within the three hours following that of the main member. Does not grant access to Premium Lounges unless holding a Premium Ticket. Lounge entry is subject to capacity restrictions.
From my understanding, the premium ticket thing is regarding to the Gold member, otherwise it would all not make any sense in the first place and I've been able to get a guest traveling in Y to the business class lounge (not Al Mourjan since I was traveling in Y as well).
So your husband is travelling on J meaning he has a paid business class ticket which means he is eligible to get access to the Al Mourjan Lounge. (He can even get paid access to the Al Sawfa Lounge.) The staff at the Al Mourjan Lounge recently told me, that with the lounge passes, the guest is allowed to join the same lounge that I am eligible to. So if this information is correct, you should be able to join him either as a guest or using a lounge pass. That's my guess, I don't know it 100%. Just give it a try. I would even try to get to the Al Sawfa lounge. Skip the lady at the escalator by using the elevator that brings you directly to the lounge. One person less that can refuse you..
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
WiFi working again

It seems like the WiFi connection issues that most of us encountered during the previous months has been solved as I managed to get connected and stay connected at peak hour (23h-01h) without any problem :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.