Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I really like the Al Mourjan lounge but will only visit it if flying J. $120 is crazy money for a lounge unless you are planning on drinking 4 bottles of champagne and even at that I think its more greed than anything else.

It is pleasant to sit in Al Mourjan and I found the food very tasty and the bar and drinks service was good. What I liked was there was no shortage of power sockets except in the restaurant but normally if your flight is onward in J, just charge your tablet/laptop on the plane so not a massive problem.

Anyone know what champagne they are currently serving in Al Mourjan?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Is 1 Hour layover long enough to quickly visit the Al Mourjan Lounge?

I have a 1 hour layover arriving in J from LHR on the A380, Do I have time quickly to pop into Al Mourjan Lounge for a quick glass of champagne and maybe a sandwich?

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by tomparskate
I have a 1 hour layover arriving in J from LHR on the A380, Do I have time quickly to pop into Al Mourjan Lounge for a quick glass of champagne and maybe a sandwich?
If your one hour layover means one hour from scheduled arrival to scheduled departure, no. Remember that they start boarding at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure; and you'll still need to walk to and clear security as well as walk to the departure gate. The walks can be quite long, depending on the gates involved.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia
Hello...What's the period of maximum influx of people at Al Mourjan lounge?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Something like 2300 to 0200 and 0600 to 0900.
​​​
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Busy showers?

So this is kinda related to the above posts, but if I’m arriving at DOH at 0620 and only have a scheduled 2 hour layover, do you think I’ll get a chance to take a quick shower? Being that it’s in the middle the morning rush at DOH, I’m assuming there’ll be a long list/line of folks waiting, but does that list move fast generally? I’m a QR newbie so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by fender5787
So this is kinda related to the above posts, but if I’m arriving at DOH at 0620 and only have a scheduled 2 hour layover, do you think I’ll get a chance to take a quick shower? Being that it’s in the middle the morning rush at DOH, I’m assuming there’ll be a long list/line of folks waiting, but does that list move fast generally? I’m a QR newbie so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If you head straight for the showers past the sandwich deli you may stand a chance. They will give you a rough idea on wait times. I have only failed to get a shower once in maybe 12 visits.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
If you head straight for the showers past the sandwich deli you may stand a chance. They will give you a rough idea on wait times. I have only failed to get a shower once in maybe 12 visits.
The good strategy for the showers is to wait by the desk, and let the attendant know you will wait. They often quote a long wait time but people put their names down and then wander off. If you are there you usually jump the queue within 10-15mins when there is a no show. Grab a snack from outside and bring it in if that helps provided you can snack quietly.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by plunet
The good strategy for the showers is to wait by the desk, and let the attendant know you will wait. They often quote a long wait time but people put their names down and then wander off. If you are there you usually jump the queue within 10-15mins when there is a no show.
This has been my experience, as well.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:24 pm

​​​
Does Ramadan make a difference to peak times, either in time or in volume? I'll be transiting outside of peak hours before Ramadan outbound, but in the middle of the first peak period (as shown above) during Ramadan on my return.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia
​​​
^^
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:35 am

Hi,
Sorry, no time to back read.
I would like to know whether our Qmiles can be used to pay for Al Mourjan lounge access regardless of flight class? PC Silver here.
If yes, how much?
Thanks for your response.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ABG2202
Hi,
Sorry, no time to back read.
I would like to know whether our Qmiles can be used to pay for Al Mourjan lounge access regardless of flight class? PC Silver here.
If yes, how much?
Thanks for your response.
Not possible. Can only pay cash to access Al Mourjan if you aren't flying in J.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:29 am

Thank you, lifeonthego_k.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:28 pm

Dress for women?

I’ll be visiting DOH & this lounge for the first time & don’t want to screw up by wearing the wrong thing. I’m a woman. I know no shoulders, knees, see through clothes, or yoga pants, and that a scarf is not necessary. Would tennis shoes, jeans & a blouse be ok? Wondering if I should ditch the jeans for loose pants or a full length skirt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.