Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:41 pm

I am not sure if I shall post here
I am a Y passenger without any status (w/o any access of lounges)
I have 4 options to stay for my transit in DOH (9 hr 45 mins), 1615 to 0200 DOH time

1. Oryx Lounge (55 USD), pay directly at the Front Desk
2. First Class lounge (82 USD), lounge access book with Qatar Airways
3. Al Mourjan Lounge (122 USD), book with QR
4. STPC (125 USD), 3 class hotel

In general, a shower, some food / a meal and some sleep is fine within the 9:45. What are your opinions?
I have read all 38 pages seems, Al Mourjan Lounge worths my 122 USD?

Last edited by msm2000uk; Oct 23, 2018 at 12:34 am Reason: Currency conformation for ease of other users
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:51 am

PAL62V the naming of available lounges at DOH is very confusing.
Take a look at the Wiki on QR-lounges . for an overview of available lounges ranked in quality order..
Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges are accessed based upon cabin class. Upgrades and guests not permitted.
First clas and Business class lounges are for OW status passengers travelling in Y. Guests as per OW rules.
Oryx and Al Maha are paid access lounges.
People who are 'upgraded' from First/Business class lounges are Y passengers!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by remdk
PAL62V the naming of available lounges at DOH is very confusing.
Take a look at the Wiki on QR-lounges . for an overview of available lounges ranked in quality order..
Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges are accessed based upon cabin class. Upgrades and guests not permitted.
First clas and Business class lounges are for OW status passengers travelling in Y. Guests as per OW rules.
Oryx and Al Maha are paid access lounges.
People who are 'upgraded' from First/Business class lounges are Y passengers!
Ah!! Thanks - not nearly as straight forward as BA's one or two lounges. Looking forward to the AM then!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc

In general, a shower, some food / a meal and some sleep is fine within the 9:45. What are your opinions?
I have read all 38 pages seems, Al Mourjan Lounge worths my 122 USD?
i wold go for the Oryx Rotana hotel with this long transit time ~90 Eur.

there is no food/drinks inclusive but free trsnsport from/to hotel, good sleep and your own shower.

In the lounges you will hardly find sleep and sometimes wait for shower. Also there is no private bed for a rest and can be noisy. With nearly 10h trsnsit i wold prefere hotel.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

Most confusingly, "Al Maha" is Arabic for "Oryx".
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Crisu69
i wold go for the Oryx Rotana hotel with this long transit time ~90 Eur.

there is no food/drinks inclusive but free trsnsport from/to hotel, good sleep and your own shower.

In the lounges you will hardly find sleep and sometimes wait for shower. Also there is no private bed for a rest and can be noisy. With nearly 10h trsnsit i wold prefere hotel.
completely agree! have been to Al Mourjan many times! although its nice it may be crowded and also food is ok but nothing special. its mostly preprepared food just heated up before served at the restaurant upstairs, or kept warm in pots as we all know from buffet! already had food on the plane which was better than the food served at the lounge! its a hit and miss.

so if i would have to pay 122USD to go there, i would rather go to a hotel for about 100USD and spend 20USD or even more for food there.im sure its at least as good as at the food at the lounge anyway AND ofcourse u have your privacy with your own room and shower!

when not having to pay for Al Mourjan my decision may be different though.

Al Safwa is a completely different story, where u get freshly prepared food just for you! but u wont be able to go there without holding a F ticket in your hands anyway
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yesterday there and it was impossible to use the WIFI in the restaurant at the 1st level (tried 20 minutes, disconnected after 10 sec or no internet). Moved to the "a la carte area" oppoite of the Lounge and it was slow but working.

Reported to the lounge dragon, who said I need to restart my device (tried that of course before reporting), IT said they have no clue about WIFI problem in the lounge...
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Yesterday there and it was impossible to use the WIFI in the restaurant at the 1st level (tried 20 minutes, disconnected after 10 sec or no internet). Moved to the "a la carte area" oppoite of the Lounge and it was slow but working.

Reported to the lounge dragon, who said I need to restart my device (tried that of course before reporting), IT said they have no clue about WIFI problem in the lounge...
I experienced the same wifi issues in Al Mourjan a few times, especially during busy hours.

Not surprised that Qatar Airways it team isn't aware, it's not QR habit to listen to customers feedback..
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: QRPC-Gold
Originally Posted by Amaranto1982
YEs, I usually go to the escalator having access to OW First Class Lounge and they say "Sir, for this time only you are entitled to access Al Mourjan because the Lounge above is crowdy"

In my case, "this time only" is almost always

It Depends on the time of transit at HIA.

Between 00:30am and 7:30am it is likely to get this "upgrade"
I had this happen to me few weeks ago, I only have access to 'standard' Business class lounge (Y traveller Gold member), arriving at the bottom of the escalator about 01:00am and told too busy go to Al Mourjan 'this time only'...
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by fgw_
completely agree! have been to Al Mourjan many times! although its nice it may be crowded and also food is ok but nothing special. its mostly preprepared food just heated up before served at the restaurant upstairs, or kept warm in pots as we all know from buffet! already had food on the plane which was better than the food served at the lounge! its a hit and miss.
I agree with you except that the food in the deli is cooked fresh to order. I often have the grilled mozzarella and tomato sandwich. And I completely agree that basically all of the J food onboard is better than all of the food in Al Mourjan, with the possible exception, again, of the deli. That said, I do enjoy Al Mourjan.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I agree with you except that the food in the deli is cooked fresh to order. I often have the grilled mozzarella and tomato sandwich. And I completely agree that basically all of the J food onboard is better than all of the food in Al Mourjan, with the possible exception, again, of the deli. That said, I do enjoy Al Mourjan.
u right! completely forgot about the deli! will try it again next time when i pass through doha in nov
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: CX Gold
Where is the Deli located?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by boybi
Where is the Deli located?
At the opposite end of the lounge from the restaurant and the water feature.
boybi likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:05 am

Flying QR cdg-doh in C, arriving at 11pm
then flying QR doh-mle in Y at 8am

Tickets were not bought together. Should I be able to call Qatar and ask them to “merge” both tickets?

Will I have problems to acess Al Mourjan if tickets are not together?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alex_mc
Flying QR cdg-doh in C, arriving at 11pm
then flying QR doh-mle in Y at 8am

Tickets were not bought together. Should I be able to call Qatar and ask them to “merge” both tickets?

Will I have problems to acess Al Mourjan if tickets are not together?
They won't be able to merge the tickets, per say, but they should be able to check your luggage through. You should be able to access the lounge, just keep your inward boarding pass.
Alex_mc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.