QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by qwertyx64
I’ve been in lounge in july and there was 15min limit for using shower. But also long queue...
What did they do at T=15? Throw you out into the lounge proper with just a towel to cover your modesty ?
purple1addict likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
What did they do at T=15? Throw you out into the lounge proper with just a towel to cover your modesty ?
I've never experienced a time limit; but one might suppose that they politely remind you of the time limit by calling through the door.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: qr
Was there yesterday 5.30 am to 7.00 am was busy queue for showers and only a few seats spare still nice though
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
The organisation of the shower rota is a shambles. Surely it would be much easier for everyone( staff and passengers) if they had a beeper system alerting you when your shower slot was ready
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
The organisation of the shower rota is a shambles. Surely it would be much easier for everyone( staff and passengers) if they had a beeper system alerting you when your shower slot was ready
Yes, a beeper/pager system would add efficiency, but it's hardly in shambles right now. I put my name on the list and just sit in the area reading until I'm called. What's the problem?
clubeurope likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yes, a beeper/pager system would add efficiency, but it's hardly in shambles right now. I put my name on the list and just sit in the area reading until I'm called. What's the problem?
On two occasions they have asked me and other guests to return in 30 minutes, you return and its another 30 minutes. Then It's no shower.

Incidentally, just because you may or may not have experienced something , does not mean it hasn't happened to others. Hence "The Problem".

The beeper is a practical solution used in many establishments.
mpkz likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On two occasions they have asked me and other guests to return in 30 minutes, you return and its another 30 minutes. Then It's no shower.

Incidentally, just because you may or may not have experienced something , does not mean it hasn't happened to others. Hence "The Problem".

The beeper is a practical solution used in many establishments.
The problem you're describing sounds much more like high demand (hence the repeated and long wait times) than it does a failure of notification. Just my view, though.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:34 am

The problem you're describing sounds much more like high demand (hence the repeated and long wait times) than it does a failure of notification. Just my view, though.
agreed it was high demand. My point is that when I registered the wait time was 30 to 40 minutes and I was number 8 on the list. 30 minutes later there was a 30 to 40 minutes wait and I was still number 8 on the list.

They asked me not to wait in the immediate area as it was busy there( I would normally wait here if there are seats). My theory is that others jumped the queue. It has happened twice. Only my 6 other visits there was very short waits. I appreciate it is luck of the draw. Personally I feel it could be way better organised and efficient with a little tweaking but the staff are either apathetic or lack initiative.

As an aside I intend to use the arrivals lounge on my next trip as reports suggest it is much quicker.
mpkz likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My theory is that others jumped the queue.
Interesting. I only use the showers in the back, and there are chairs and reading materials by the checkin desk; so it's never been a problem for me.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:36 am

Interesting. I only use the showers in the back, and there are chairs and reading materials by the checkin desk; so it's never been a problem for me.
Those are the one's I use. Usually not a problem except on those two occasions. Admittedly it was in the Midnight to 2/3 am transit period which can get very busy. I would have accepted being told the wait time was too long. It was just the wait time remained the same as did my position in the queue.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
For the ones looking for a shower only, the OW first class lounge has showers and the queue is usually very short
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Amaranto1982
Just to update my statistic, I had been granted with AM access on both my stops in DOH last week, meaning 7 times on my last 9 .

It seems it is almost a standard situation: after 00:30 the First class Lounge becomes crowded and people are sent to AM.

On my last visit, last Friday, Philipponnat Royale reserve rose brut was served instead of Drappier Rose, nice surprise, goven it is my understanding Phil. is the rosč served in the AS lounge.

I noticed the Dallah with Arabic Coffee was not displayed and hence asked, I had replied "out of stock"
Further update: again granted to AM with Economy ticket and being Platinum, meaning 9 times on my last 11 stops in Doha (once at

I was quite surprised to find again Philipponnat Royale reserve rose champagne, which is far better than the Pommery served as brut, I hope to find it again in my next visits :-)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:35 am

For the ones looking for a shower only, the OW first class lounge has showers and the queue is usually very short
ah thanks
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Further update: again granted to AM with Economy ticket and being Platinum, meaning 9 times on my last 11 stops in Doha (once at

I was quite surprised to find again Philipponnat Royale reserve rose champagne, which is far better than the Pommery served as brut, I hope to find it again in my next visits :-)
It seems you are a lucky guy :-)
I got denied entry to AM the last time (in June), with an upgraded ticket and being Platinum :-(
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999
It seems you are a lucky guy :-)
I got denied entry to AM the last time (in June), with an upgraded ticket and being Platinum :-(
One of the only two times I had been denied, I had a QCredits upgraded ticket as well :-)
Traveller999 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.