Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by oliver2002
at the shower near the pool
How great it would be if an airline actually put a swimming pool or a gym in their lounge!

I suppose DOH is at least one of the few airports on the planet with an airside gym, but it's annoying to be expected to pay for this as a cash F/J passenger.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I suppose DOH is at least one of the few airports on the planet with an airside gym, but it's annoying to be expected to pay for this as a cash F/J passenger.
But you've said it all right there! It's one of the few on the planet to have an airside gym! They can pretty much charge what they want. Also, I think that it's free if you have a room at the airside hotel.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But you've said it all right there! It's one of the few on the planet to have an airside gym! They can pretty much charge what they want. Also, I think that it's free if you have a room at the airside hotel.
I'm not suggesting they can't charge whatever they want, but I'm not sure it really makes any sense at all given the one time I used the facility I was the only one there and the reports I've seen online basically all say the same thing. Just part of the huge financial black hole / vanity project that is DOH/QR at the moment.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:14 pm
Suspended

I'm not suggesting they can't charge whatever they want, but I'm not sure it really makes any sense at all given the one time I used the facility I was the only one there and the reports I've seen online basically all say the same thing. Just part of the huge financial black hole / vanity project that is DOH/QR at the moment.
They also recently completed a completely pointless renovation of the lockers (changing the locks from key to code), really makes me wonder what kind of calculations make this financially feasible?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
How great it would be if an airline actually put a swimming pool or a gym in their lounge!

I suppose payment is a sensible way of controlling numbers, ensuring the facility doesn't become overcrowded, as can happen in the lounges.

However, setting the access price too high is great for the sole user, but overall a nonsense.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SAS has a free gym in their domestic lounge in OSL...
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SAS has a free gym in their domestic lounge in OSL...
I'll be in the SAS dom lounge at OSL in a few weeks time, but I must say that gyms are not high on my list of priorities for airports, but each to their own.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No doubt that its a waste of space in a tiny domestic lounge.... just to illustrate the above point(s). I also don't think we need a pool in a lounge. Although I would like to see the reaction of the lounge staff if kids were to hop into the pool in the Al-M lounge
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:34 am

Hi,

I'll be flying to Doha in J Class and subsequently form Doha to Amman with Royal Jordanian in J class as well. Both tickets are redeemed from miles. Just want to ask will Royal Jordanian J Class passenger (redeemed via miles) be allowed to enter AM lounge?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Max91
Hi,

I'll be flying to Doha in J Class and subsequently form Doha to Amman with Royal Jordanian in J class as well. Both tickets are redeemed from miles. Just want to ask will Royal Jordanian J Class passenger (redeemed via miles) be allowed to enter AM lounge?
Yes you will be granted access to AM
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:09 am

I've asked this question elsewhere but got no answer. When transiting Doha and staying at the Oryx hotel, are we still able to pop in and out of the lounge as we wish? This used to be OK so just checking if it's still the same? Especially as the Oryx hotel if "dry". Thanks.
​​​​​
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:37 am
R2

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I've asked this question elsewhere but got no answer. When transiting Doha and staying at the Oryx hotel, are we still able to pop in and out of the lounge as we wish? This used to be OK so just checking if it's still the same? Especially as the Oryx hotel if "dry". Thanks.
​​​​​
I don't know how it would not be ok if you have a boarding pass for a departing QR (or oneworld) flight in C within the next 24 hours. You can exit and re-enter the lounge as you wish - staying at the airside hotel would not change this, would it.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:16 am

Hi. We arrive Doha around 1630 and depart for MEL 2100 the following day. I'm assuming because this is over 24 hrs it makes no difference? I'm also assuming that we'll be able to throughcheck our bags and that the over 24hr gap will make no difference. The hotel is designed for airside transit and max stay is 24 hrs but that's about right for us as they probably will let us checkout maybe 1600, or 1200 if they're full I guess.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: QR
I see people complaining about the shower times but has anyone ever considered that maybe the customers are to blame for the long lines? I mean taking over 30 minutes to shower is just plain selfish in the context of a lounge facility... Perhaps QR should start implementing time limits on the shower facilities so that everyone can get an opportunity
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:54 pm

I’ve been in lounge in july and there was 15min limit for using shower. But also long queue...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.