Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The new facility started well, easily on a par with the old premium terminal, but it has been in decline over the last year or so. I guess reality kicked in and costs had to be brought down towards the level of revenues. But at the end of the day, the lounge still offers levels of comfort and service beyond those normally found in airports.

In hindsight, al Safwa (the first-class only lounge which is now something of a white elephant) will probably be seen as a waste of resources that would better have been employed elsewhere.
Yes and no - last couple of QR trips I’ve booked A380 F (actually on one now on the way to BKK) with a significant factor in this being that the Al Safwa layover experience with a sleeping room is so much better than the Al Mourjan one now. Al Safwa is definitely under-utilised, but if just a few people a day think like this it probably helps bridge the financial gap a bit. Sad that Al Mourjan has had such a negative trajectory.
synd likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Indeed. Have been commenting on to downward slope of AM for the past couple of years. The food is poor (when compared to Cathay’s flagship lounges).Add to the fact that x2 miles seems to be the new norm and I am steadily moving from QR fan to QR flame. :/
synd and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:00 am
Community Director Emerita

Three of us traveling, 2 in business class, one in coach. Can we bring the third person into the lounge? The two of us in business class also have access thanks to our AA status.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Three of us traveling, 2 in business class, one in coach. Can we bring the third person into the lounge? The two of us in business class also have access thanks to our AA status.
You can only access the normal First or Business lounge based on your AA status. No access to Al Mourjan or the Al-Safwa lounge with any status or CoS with guest, just the normal First or Business class lounge for OW status holders.

From my experience - these lounges are very poor especially in space and seating availability if you arrive during the peak times.

Cheers!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Indeed. Have been commenting on to downward slope of AM for the past couple of years. The food is poor (when compared to Cathay’s flagship lounges).Add to the fact that x2 miles seems to be the new norm and I am steadily moving from QR fan to QR flame. :/
I love the QR J product in the air, and it's hard to complain about the price. And I quite like AM lounge. But the lack of redemption availability at regular rates in QRPC has resulted in my crediting all flights now and in the future to AAdvantage, where I can get CX F redemptions fairly easily.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I love the QR J product in the air, and it's hard to complain about the price. And I quite like AM lounge. But the lack of redemption availability at regular rates in QRPC has resulted in my crediting all flights now and in the future to AAdvantage, where I can get CX F redemptions fairly easily.
Exactly. QR need to open their eyes or there is going to be a steady flow of lost Platinums I imagine (unless this is their objective, to kill QRPC?). I credit all my QR flights to QRPC but everything else goes to BAEC (so neither airline really sees the full picture, I suppose) because CX and JL are a fraction of the price for redemptions vs. what QR thinks is reasonable for partner awards. That's without even considering how difficult it is to book a partner reward via QRPC!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:24 am

Noticed the AM Lounge buffet standards have dropped a lot. Was at the lounge yesterday 5pm and the buffet selections are very cheap - it was all rice/noodles/potatoes with only 1 proper meat dish (some chicken breast) - both side buffet almost identical. Desserts selection are slightly better. Thankfully, the sandwich place is still there and the sandwich still tasted good. My suggestion, better to eat as much as possible prior to landing/transitting.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:15 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by nldogbert
You can only access the normal First or Business lounge based on your AA status. No access to Al Mourjan or the Al-Safwa lounge with any status or CoS with guest, just the normal First or Business class lounge for OW status holders.

From my experience - these lounges are very poor especially in space and seating availability if you arrive during the peak times.

Cheers!
Thank you. I see we can pay to take her into the Al Mourjan lounge for $107. We won't want to be separated from her so we are considering it. That's the price offered online in advance. Is it the same price on the day at the lounge?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:57 am
Suspended

Hi,

Can someone tell me how is AM around midnight since the access restriction ? I m not willing to buy the access if I have to wait 1h to shower.

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
My take on the Al Mourjan Lounge:

Food options were underwhelming.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Yeah, it is a very unpractical lounge that is nothing but hype.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Hi,

Can someone tell me how is AM around midnight since the access restriction ? I m not willing to buy the access if I have to wait 1h to shower.

Thanks
I was there Nov 2017 about that time after midnight and had no issues. Hardly nobody around. Didn't have to wait. I recall about 4:00am it started getting extremely crowded.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by SKOOBDO
I was there Nov 2017 about that time after midnight and had no issues. Hardly nobody around. Didn't have to wait. I recall about 4:00am it started getting extremely crowded.
Will be there two times from 5am to 9am. One time on Saturday and one time on Sunday - is this better, because of not so much business travellers or still crowded?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:48 am

tonight I was turned away at Al Mourjan because my Business ticket was upgraded

I was not in the mood to fight about it and just said I thought it was amazing that a QR Platinum gets better treatment from partner airlines and how the hell does QR expect me to spend my Qcredits and 1000s of miles?

so upon arriving at the Premium Lounge (or whatever they call it), the attendant said I was actually allowed in Al Mourjan as a Platinum and I returned without issue, just a bad taste in my mouth ;-)
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by saint77
tonight I was turned away at Al Mourjan because my Business ticket was upgraded

I was not in the mood to fight about it
but you are aware that this is new QR politics regarding No access in AM for upgraded tickets?

To fight with the 'poor' QR stuff at lounge make no sense because the bosses decide this.
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.