Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue
I'll be arriving at 6 AM on Feb 18th in DOH on a J flight so I'll be usin gthe Al Mourjan lounge during my 2 hour lay-over. I heard there the showers are often with a long waiting list, how does this work exactly? At the entrance reception or should I approach a staff member in order to use the showers?

Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Use the smaller showers near the deli restaurant on the ground floor. You check in at reception and there are seats there for you to wait your turn. The longest I have waited is 10 minutes
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by klausa

Lunch menu
Ain’t the best pic I’ve ever taken, but those were the choices last Oct/Nov.
I just visited the lounge yesterday and can confirm that for lunch (the sandwich) menu you see above is accurate.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:29 am

Thanks for the current menus — does anyone know what time they switch from the dinner to the breakfast menu?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
I just visited the lounge yesterday and can confirm that for lunch (the sandwich) menu you see above is accurate.
Is the deli opening again for lunch hours now then? Good news!
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Well, first, there's the other lounge which they're building. If you suggest that the size is adequate but just misallocated, what changes would you make?
Exhaust fans in the shower stalls, for starters
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AVIATORPJ
Yeah, that gets a big +1 from me.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Well, first, there's the other lounge which they're building. If you suggest that the size is adequate but just misallocated, what changes would you make?
Introduce a quiet area where it's actually comfortable to sleep. I can't wrap my head around these "chairs" in the quiet zone near the showers behind the "sandwich restaurant". How would you possibly be able to get a proper rest or even sleep there?
I find myself resting at the area near the business center despite the light and noise there.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A quiet area where they confiscate ALL electronic devises, and have actually comfortable sleep chairs not these cold leather couches.

Last edited by nilsfr69; Feb 25, 2018 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hotwingz
Introduce a quiet area where it's actually comfortable to sleep. I can't wrap my head around these "chairs" in the quiet zone near the showers behind the "sandwich restaurant". How would you possibly be able to get a proper rest or even sleep there?
I find myself resting at the area near the business center despite the light and noise there.

I imagine there is - or was - some caution about diluting revenue earned by the airport hotel.
stewaran likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
No food or drink allowed in business centre

Another underwhelming AM experience - staff (some) grumpy and barely able to smile. Food selection basically hummus or a panini (as ever).

Most frustrating was being the sole occupant of the business centre (using own laptop at a desk) and blocked from taking a coffee in while working as ‘no food or drink allowed sir’. No signs to this effect and not had a problem previously.

Staff had time to police me but plates and glassware sat uncleared on tables... worst part of the QR experience. Yes it is large and with an interesting aesthetic but food, service and facilities make BA’s base lounges look like nirvana - an impressive feat.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by DocS
Most frustrating was being the sole occupant of the business centre (using own laptop at a desk) and blocked from taking a coffee in while working as ‘no food or drink allowed sir’. No signs to this effect and not had a problem previously.
Yes, I got this last week when entering to print a BA boarding pass (which turned out to be a lengthy exercise in IT problem solving because of their illogical connection of printers to computers).

Hadn't had a problem with coffee there before, either.

Also, at approx 12 am I had no problem in finding a vacant recliner bed (lots of availability) behind the bus centre, which on previous occasions has proven to be more difficult at such an hour. Perhaps it might suggest a drop off in QR clientele?
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by Grace B; Mar 26, 2018 at 3:04 am
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
My first QR flight was back at the old Doha International airport, where QR had the premium terminal. Having now flown through the new airport a few times in the last couple of years, I'm reminded of how--although the physical space is beautiful to look at--the food and drink at the new Al Mourjan lounge is no patch on the old premium terminal.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Expatbear
My first QR flight was back at the old Doha International airport, where QR had the premium terminal. Having now flown through the new airport a few times in the last couple of years, I'm reminded of how--although the physical space is beautiful to look at--the food and drink at the new Al Mourjan lounge is no patch on the old premium terminal.

The new facility started well, easily on a par with the old premium terminal, but it has been in decline over the last year or so. I guess reality kicked in and costs had to be brought down towards the level of revenues. But at the end of the day, the lounge still offers levels of comfort and service beyond those normally found in airports.

In hindsight, al Safwa (the first-class only lounge which is now something of a white elephant) will probably be seen as a waste of resources that would better have been employed elsewhere.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by AVIATORPJ
They also need to install fans in the hermetically sealed toilet stalls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.