Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Thanks for that report. Sounds like they have made the move from Billecart-Salmon to Lanson in lounge too Pommery Cuvée Louise 2002 was probably just a stop gap.
Had the Pommery in the bistro and on DOH-BKK flight on 20 November. Never had it before and will refuse it if offered again. So acidic I could hardly drink it. But that's just me, of course.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: QRPC Gold, EK Silver
Originally Posted by Grace B
Had the Pommery in the bistro and on DOH-BKK flight on 20 November. Never had it before and will refuse it if offered again. So acidic I could hardly drink it. But that's just me, of course.
Right now, drinking a glass of Pommery Cuvée Louise 2002 in Al Mourjan.
Last bottle of the fridge as per the waiter...
Thanks to the previous poster for the tips.

Only Lanson - White and Rosé - from now on
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Last night at midnight they had run out of champagne flutes in the deli.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
In Al Mourjan now. Can't find any trace of the Billecart or Pommery, it's all Lanson.

Update: I spoke to someone who seemed like a Supervisor who said the Billecart will be back in December. No idea if he was ........ting me.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Nov 24, 2017 at 7:46 am
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
In Al Mourjan now. Can't find any trace of the Billecart or Pommery, it's all Lanson.

Update: I spoke to someone who seemed like a Supervisor who said the Billecart will be back in December. No idea if he was ........ting me.
Really hope he's right I am fond of the Billecart and flying in Dec
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | HH Diamond
Will a J-arriving but Y-departing passenger transiting in DOH be able to access Al Mourjan?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:37 am

joyoftravelling welcome to the QR forum. You will find the QR dashboard a useful tool.
If you look at QR Lounges at HIA you will see that rriving in longhaul (more than 5 hours) J and departing in Y you will have access to Al Mourjan.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Definitely all Lanson.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Apart from the So Jenny, which I happen to love.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by matthandy

Definitely all Lanson.
I was there just 20min ago .
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I'm in AM now (11am local time). If there are 20 passengers across the whole lounge I'd be amazed. It would be ridiculous to have food and staff standing at both the restaurant and the sandwich bar. No doubt the removal of regional flights is the main issue at this time of day, and they could just say it is only open during certain hours rather than the cleaning story, but the concepts of face and not saying negative things to customers probably come into play here
The food and beverage offerings in this lounge have declined absolutely massively in the past few years— massively, and has nothing to do with the regional flights cuts since the summer. Also any premium passenger on the regional flights would be in Al Safwa (also huge decline in quality).
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
The food and beverage offerings in this lounge have declined absolutely massively in the past few years— massively, and has nothing to do with the regional flights cuts since the summer. Also any premium passenger on the regional flights would be in Al Safwa (also huge decline in quality).
The lounge was launched at a level that would probably have proved unsustainable. The current, extraordinary, situation has hastened the inevitable.

Still, it remains a comfortable place with fine facilities and quality food and drink.

The first-class lounge reverts to its museum status.

The champagne brand discussion is a fatuous distraction: the airline is facing an existential crisis
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The lounge was launched at a level that would probably have proved unsustainable. The current, extraordinary, situation has hastened the inevitable.

...the airline is facing an existential crisis
Maybe, but don’t make excuses for them just yet. The blockade has been a boon for the QR cargo division in addition to the fact that QR also owns the nationwide monopoly for ALL booze and pork sold at wholesale and retail in Qatar. At the lounge level, there is no excuse why the ‘chefs’ can’t cook a pan fried steak in the lounge kitchens. Precooking the steak in an off site building is just operational laziness. :/
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Maybe, but don’t make excuses for them just yet. The blockade has been a boon for the QR cargo division in addition to the fact that QR also owns the nationwide monopoly for ALL booze and pork sold at wholesale and retail in Qatar. At the lounge level, there is no excuse why the ‘chefs’ can’t cook a pan fried steak in the lounge kitchens. Precooking the steak in an off site building is just operational laziness. :/
Hasn't central pre-cooking/preparation always been a feature of the operation? I remember one of the chefs expressing some strongly felt frustration at this from the early days of the lounge.

The cargo argument is interesting, but there's a double-edged element - inefficient use of large passenger aircraft on passenger-light, cargo-heavy routes might be one of them. Who is paying for the airlifts and the form of that payment is another worry.

One thing for sure: if it's turning into a cargo carrier, they're not going to need the lounges
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I'm not sure it is fair to say that beverage offerings have declined. Fizzy stuff and wines have always been rotated seasonally. If you are referring to the serving of krug back in the day before al safwa opened, then it is helpful to remember that al mourjan was also catering for First Class passengers when it first opened but is not now. Yes the a la carte menu has gone, and we don't know for sure whether that was a cut back or a health and safety issue, but in my experience if you ask nicely the staff will whip up something fresh from what they have, even if it's not Michelin star. But then it never was. And yes the deli is now closed during the afternoon, but there is almost nobody in the lounge then as there are almost no long haul flights at that time of day, made worse by no ex-regional connecting passengers. In any case, I certainly wouldn't want perishable items sitting around on display for hours before being served to me.

Personally, I preferred the old Premium Terminal. But apart from the crowds at certain times, I really don't see al mourjan having the massive, massive decline you describe

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Nov 25, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.