Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:30 am

Is the Great Diet Coke Drought of '17 still in effect?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Is the Great Diet Coke Drought of '17 still in effect?
Plenty of diet coke in the lounge in late September and early October. I don't think they had filled the water feature under the stairs with it but it was available in both the restaurant and sandwich deli.
Frequent flyer 101 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
The sandwich area is closed off till 5 pm - so have to go upstairs for any food.

There are barriers that prevent one from going to the Deli, but you can go through to the Quiet Area.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
The sandwich area is closed off till 5 pm - so have to go upstairs for any food.
I don't understand....?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't understand....?
The Deli is closed till 5 pm. I landed at 12.30 pm, and went to get a Sandwich, and the area was closed. Was directed to the buffet up stairs.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Deli is closed till 5 pm. I landed at 12.30 pm, and went to get a Sandwich, and the area was closed. Was directed to the buffet up stairs.
It's closed during the day? What hours? I've never experienced that.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:48 am

It's closed during the day? What hours? I've never experienced that.
I was told that they close for cleaning during the day time. I was there at 12.30 pm and they opened at 5.00 pm.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Had a short layover in Doha this past week between 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Not very crowded.

I was underwhelmed by the buffet style dinner options vs. the last time when I came through and had made to order lamb chops.

Oh well.. at least the champagne was decent, and the food on the flights themselves were nice
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I was told that they close for cleaning during the day time. I was there at 12.30 pm and they opened at 5.00 pm.
That's new. And unwelcome I always prefer the toasted sandwich to the buffet...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no reason at all to doubt you; but, man, the middle of the day seems like an odd time for a restaurant to close for cleaning.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hi guys,

I will be arriving in DOHA on Saturday at 5:35pm. What are the chances that I will be able to get a shower in the lounge?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:36 am

I have no reason at all to doubt you; but, man, the middle of the day seems like an odd time for a restaurant to close for cleaning.
Well the more normal times of 11pm to 7am wouldn't really do well with the AM business model....
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:37 am

Fine Art Landscape Photographer welcome to the QR forum.

Are you exiting the airport to stay in Qatar or are you in transit?

If you are arriving into Qatar then you will have no access to Al Mourjan but if you are arriving in J or F on a QR ticket (ticket number starts with 157) then you will have access to fasttrack immigration and to the landside arrivals lounge where there are showers.

If you are transiting DOH what time is your onward flight? There are quite a number of flights arriving at about that time of an evening so there could be queues for showers.
Do you qualify for entry to Al Mourjan? See the wiki on the dashboard widget QR lounges HIA for details. Note that PC/OW status does not give access.

As a help do look at the dashboard widget About DOH Airport and its links for hints and tips to make your transit easier.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by remdk
Fine Art Landscape Photographer welcome to the QR forum.

Are you exiting the airport to stay in Qatar or are you in transit?

If you are arriving into Qatar then you will have no access to Al Mourjan but if you are arriving in J or F on a QR ticket (ticket number starts with 157) then you will have access to fasttrack immigration and to the landside arrivals lounge where there are showers.

If you are transiting DOH what time is your onward flight? There are quite a number of flights arriving at about that time of an evening so there could be queues for showers.
Do you qualify for entry to Al Mourjan? See the wiki on the dashboard widget QR lounges HIA for details. Note that PC/OW status does not give access.

As a help do look at the dashboard widget About DOH Airport and its links for hints and tips to make your transit easier.
I arrive at 5:35pm and my next flight is 8:15pm. I will be just transiting and QR J should give me access to the lounge.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Excellent experience last monday morning

Had missed connection to FRA last monday..arrived around 01:30h. Was rebooked to morning flight and could use Qcredits for upgrade...saved me from the booked eco 01:05h flight, where no upgrades were available. Arrived at quiet area and was lucky to receive a room. Very positively surprised by changes. They now have biiig couches, identical to the ones in the family rooms of Al Safwa. Big improvement over the chairs plus ottoman in the old days. Slept very well..after i had visited Jonny Walker in the sandwich lounge - did not ask for sandwich but drinks were available at around 02:00pm. Food in the main restaurant was mediocre as usual - missed my chilly con carne, which was replaced by rather tasteless goulash. To properly use spices is an ongoing problem in QR lounges..same in Al Safwa last Friday. Was woken up punctually as requested. Breakfast in the sandwich lounge at around 06:00h was the usual zoo..but really nice, hard working staff managed very well..got all the coffe I needed quickly delivered to the table. Subsequent flight had outstanding service.

Last edited by homer3152; Nov 1, 2017 at 4:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.