Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
I have visited Al Mourjan about 10 times the past month. I've also realized that they don't offer diet coke anymore and I found the lounge staff in both restaurants slightly less attentive than a year ago or so.

Actually, I prefer the small restaurant at the back of the lounge near the quiet room over the main restaurant. Probably 90% of my visits is during the morning rush and I really like the sandwiches they have there.

On another note, I had no issues getting a shower during any of my recent visits. Some guests seemed to be disappointed after the shower agent told them that 10 people were waiting and it will probably take 60-90 minutes, but I have never found it to take that long.
The longest waitlist I was on was 6 people and I waited for 15 minutes only. I personally feel the estimate by the shower agents is generally on the safer side as you would assume that with a capacity of 8 shower rooms on the male side the "throughput" is somewhat higher than 10 people per hour.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton honors Silver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I've used these, and they're well suited to purpose. They have TVs, sofas and relaxing chairs. They're in the "back" shower area. Go through the deli; there's a break in the counter on the right between the San Pellegrino display and the coffee machine. Turn right there, walk down that corridor to the end, through the doorway and you'll come to the reception desk for showers. These "rooms" are opposite the desk. It's a quiet area, and the rooms are somewhat darkened. Perfect for relaxing or a nap.
Thanks so much for this thread- Dr. HFH and remdk esp for the pinpoint directions. Been to Mourjan maybe a dozen times and never had a clue this quiet area existed. The muted lighting, ~7' long sofa, semi-privacy of the pod, flight monitor but most of all the library-like ambience (almost hermetic), make this a super effective quiet area- maybe best apart from the Safwa rooms. They even offer blankets. And was able to come and go without giving up the space. Transformed what would've been an excruciating 8 hr connection to JFK into a decent rest-time where I actually caught 2-3 hours of sleep.
Arrived at 6:30 PM which as reported is in their lull period so no waiting, and surprised when I walked out at 1:30 AM to see a wait line had formed by entrance.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by commontraveller
Thanks so much for this thread- Dr. HFH and remdk esp for the pinpoint directions. Been to Mourjan maybe a dozen times and never had a clue this quiet area existed. The muted lighting, ~7' long sofa, semi-privacy of the pod, flight monitor but most of all the library-like ambience (almost hermetic), make this a super effective quiet area- maybe best apart from the Safwa rooms. They even offer blankets. And was able to come and go without giving up the space. Transformed what would've been an excruciating 8 hr connection to JFK into a decent rest-time where I actually caught 2-3 hours of sleep.
Arrived at 6:30 PM which as reported is in their lull period so no waiting, and surprised when I walked out at 1:30 AM to see a wait line had formed by entrance.
It can indeed be a rather nice place. However, there's nothing stopping people from having loud cellphone conversations (or just let the phone ring for ages). Would love to see those people getting booted, but that's not part of the concept.
X2921294H and Flame3601 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
I transit DOH usually once or twice a month. With the removal of visa fees for German citizens, the arrivals lounge is VERY decent alternative. Cooked to order meals like in the early days of the Al Mourjan lounge, never have to wait for a shower. Great stuff. Turn left upon exiting luggage claim. Reentering the terminal takes about 5 min. incl. security and immigration.
phoneticduck and toz100 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by awestphal
I transit DOH usually once or twice a month. With the removal of visa fees for German citizens, the arrivals lounge is VERY decent alternative. Cooked to order meals like in the early days of the Al Mourjan lounge, never have to wait for a shower. Great stuff. Turn left upon exiting luggage claim. Reentering the terminal takes about 5 min. incl. security and immigration.
Not sure how many shower rooms there are but I've once waited 45 minutes and just gave up
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: Meh
First times here this week and disappointed in the food, and shower availability on both occasions. Nice large lounge with no real character.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Not sure how many shower rooms there are but I've once waited 45 minutes and just gave up
The back area behind the deli has nine in the men's section.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:29 am

Flying QR J roundtrip as a oneworld emerald. Transiting Doha twice - outbound layover is 00:00-08:00 and inbound layover is 16:30-02:00.

Am I correct that the best place for me to get some sleep is to grab a pod in the quiet area across from the back shower area in the Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:54 am

mster have a look at the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-options.html thread. It describes your situation and offers advice.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by mster
Flying QR J roundtrip as a oneworld emerald. Transiting Doha twice - outbound layover is 00:00-08:00 and inbound layover is 16:30-02:00.

Am I correct that the best place for me to get some sleep is to grab a pod in the quiet area across from the back shower area in the Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge?
"Best" is a subjective and personal determination, of course. For me, light is much more of a sleep inhibitor than noise, so I do fine in the quiet area. Others here report that the noise is more than they can deal with when they are trying to sleep.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by awestphal
This is an interesting suggestion - tempted to give that a go on a forthcoming layover which falls in that irritating 7-8 hour bracket from midnight to ca. 8am, not enough to make a trip to an offsite hotel seem worthwhile, and the Airport Hotel is too expensive for such a short stay. At the least going out to the Arrivals Lounge would break up the transit period a bit.
phoneticduck likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Can anyone confirm what champagne they are serving in the Al Mourjan at the moment please? Have they switched to Lanson like onboard?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Can anyone confirm what champagne they are serving in the Al Mourjan at the moment please? Have they switched to Lanson like onboard?
In the lounge right now. Rose Champagne is Piper Heidseck. Brut is Billie Cart Salmon.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
In the lounge right now. Rose Champagne is Piper Heidseck. Brut is Billie Cart Salmon.
Thanks roadwarriorafrica. Hoping they still have some Billecart-Salmon left when I'm there in December.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:18 am

Past 1pm here and the place is almost empty. And yes, they still have Billecart-Salmon brut.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.