Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Data point - was able to access the Air France lounge at SFO with a ticket that would otherwise not allow access. I am currently in AM (access b/c of OW status and the other lounge being closed - BIG win).
The staff here are AMAZING. Always polite and helpful - I had an unexpected dental issue and not only were they extremely nice but they kept checking to make sure I was okay (I am not in pain or really needing a lot of attention)! A staff member kept coming by to offer the assistance he could (arranged for priority for quiet room unasked) and generally treating me like a valued relative! I cannot believe the special attention and kindness he exhibited!
ffman999 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by estnet
. I am currently in AM (access b/c of OW status and the other lounge being closed - BIG win).
The staff here are AMAZING. Always polite and helpful !
I'm at the bar now. Amplifing your comment. Never had anything except superb experiences here.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:50 pm

Estnet just came by to say hello, lol. Well we both know we are not posting from our parents basement haha ​​​​​

Have a great trip Estnet!
aeroo777 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Estnet just came by to say hello, lol. Well we both know we are not posting from our parents basement haha ​​​​​

Have a great trip Estnet!
You too. Pleasure meeting you - we live a few hundred miles apart but meet thousands of miles halfway around the world
FT power!
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I'm at one of the showers in AM right now, I might need to leave around 0015. Hit me a PM if you want to say hi for 2-3 minutes.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I was in the AM lounge in March 2019 and found it lackluster. Did they upgrade meal options and amenities since then from the pictures I have seen.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Aeroplan 50k, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by estnet
Data point- I am currently in AM (access b/c of OW status and the other lounge being closed - BIG win).
The staff here are AMAZING.
Saw you're an AA platinum, so that's OW sapphire, right? Did they let any guests of yours in too? I'm flying in 3 weeks as an AS MVPG (Sapphire). Thanks for the data point!
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by mendacio
Saw you're an AA platinum, so that's OW sapphire, right? Did they let any guests of yours in too? I'm flying in 3 weeks as an AS MVPG (Sapphire). Thanks for the data point!
Yes I'm OW sapphire (used AS number b/c got more miles and got status on a challenge I'll meet on this trip for MVG) and I believe that is why. I don't know about guests since I'm traveling alone.

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I was in the AM lounge in March 2019 and found it lackluster. Did they upgrade meal options and amenities since then from the pictures I have seen.
Don't know about 2019 but the food seems quite the same as about 4 months ago. There is a huge variety - but the premade food I do find overcooked, although each time I seem to find one or two really good things. The made to order off the menu are generally better IMO and the desserts are quite good.
Better than any US airline lounge IMO, food not as good as JAL or CX first - but this is a business class lounge. The real difference is the people who seem to go out of their way to help.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I'm at one of the showers in AM right now, I might need to leave around 0015. Hit me a PM if you want to say hi for 2-3 minutes.
Sorry I missed you - maybe next time
mendacio likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Ha! It would have been great to meet, guess I should hit refresh on the forum more frequently
Old Aug 28, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’ll be there September 17 for a long layover and again on September 21
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Ha! It would have been great to meet, guess I should hit refresh on the forum more frequently
No worries, maybe next time
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Is there an AM meetup thread?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Is there an AM meetup thread?
There used to be https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...l#post32748576 but it died ages ago.
DeepUnderground likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 11:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone had trouble accessing either outstation lounges or AM with tickets booked in U class through American or Alaska?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by realgaga
There used to be https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...l#post32748576 but it died ages ago.
And I was the last one who posted his dates there hahaha....December 2019

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.