Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

I couldn't find the delay reason of QR 725 yesterday ( 31 May ) but it looks like an aircraft swap with an issue with the originally scheduled aircraft.
We didn’t receive any details other than it was mechanical and the original plane became inoperable. EF didn’t have details either. The announcement came right at scheduled boarding when about 75% of the plane was in the post screening holding pen. Luckily we were waiting on line so we just turned around and went back to the lounge.

Given the timing, we weren’t able to switch to another US-bound flight, and unfortunately there was no direct to Boston yesterday.

As ISTFlyer noted, still lie flat (and with great service), however 15 hours in a bulkhead seat with folks wanting to keep their windows open the entire fought was definitely not the most ideal! The seat design is actually pretty open compared to others, such as AA or Cathay (I think use the same base seat) so there was limited privacy.

All in all, still great to have a lie flat vs. economy and not mis-connect in Chicago.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:38 pm

Question on access to Al Mourjan... We are a party of 4 on American mileage awards. I'm OWE but understand that has no access to Al Mourjan.

All 4 pax in business USA-DOH... overnight connection... DOH-CPT next morning with 2 in business and other 2 in coach. Would all 4 pax have access given all 4 had longhaul inbound in business?

Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by dave_261
Question on access to Al Mourjan... We are a party of 4 on American mileage awards. I'm OWE but understand that has no access to Al Mourjan.

All 4 pax in business USA-DOH... overnight connection... DOH-CPT next morning with 2 in business and other 2 in coach. Would all 4 pax have access given all 4 had longhaul inbound in business?

Thanks.
DOH-CPT is counted a long haul as it's over 5 hours flight time.

The 2 pax with J award tickets for both segments will automatically get lounge access at DOH.

If you're travelling soon and Al Mourjan is still used for status pax, you'll be able to guest another pax in.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
DOH-CPT is counted a long haul as it's over 5 hours flight time.

The 2 pax with J award tickets for both segments will automatically get lounge access at DOH.

If you're travelling soon and Al Mourjan is still used for status pax, you'll be able to guest another pax in.
Thanks... what about the economy class pax. Despite the overnight, it's still a connection. So would 2 longhaul business pax connecting to longhaul coach be allowed entry? (1 of those 2 would be me... OWE).
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks... what about the economy class pax. Despite the overnight, it's still a connection. So would 2 longhaul business pax connecting to longhaul coach be allowed entry? (1 of those 2 would be me... OWE).
As you're in Y in the second leg;
If the goodwill gesture of QR allowing OWS & OWE's traveling in Y and Business Classic into Al Mourjan is still continuing, you would both be admitted. 2 J pax would be allowed entry based on their travel class. You would be allowed based on your status and the fourth person in Y would be your guest.

If the goodwill gesture is not in place, you and the fourth person in Y would be asked to use the First Class status lounge.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:40 pm

As you're in Y in the second leg;
If the goodwill gesture of QR allowing OWS & OWE's traveling in Y and Business Classic into Al Mourjan is still continuing, you would both be admitted. 2 J pax would be allowed entry based on their travel class. You would be allowed based on your status and the fourth person in Y would be your guest.

If the goodwill gesture is not in place, you and the fourth person in Y would be asked to use the First Class status lounge.
To add on, the 2 pax in Y class for their 2nd sector will not gain access to Al Mourjan from their ticket as it has to be between an international long haul and an international short haul or domestic flight. (With lounge access determined by the international long haul sector)
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
To add on, the 2 pax in Y class for their 2nd sector will not gain access to Al Mourjan from their ticket as it has to be between an international long haul and an international short haul or domestic flight. (With lounge access determined by the international long haul sector)
OK so just to clarify... international long haul (in J) connection to international long haul (in Y) = no lounge access (other than status-based in F lounge)? But it WOULD qualify if connecting to short haul or domestic?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:50 pm

OK so just to clarify... international long haul (in J) connection to international long haul (in Y) = no lounge access (other than status-based in F lounge)? But it WOULD qualify if connecting to short haul or domestic?
Correct. It would also apply the other way round
Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: Emirates, Delta, JetBlue, British Airways
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
Could someone double-check my logic?

First time traveling on Qatar and first time transiting Doha. Flights are in 2 months. Family of 4 traveling on R business ticket (2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant in arms). I am a Oneworld Sapphire. If I am correct then I would be granted access under the current policy (unknown when it will expire), but would the infant be granted access as well? Then I could pay for access for my wife and daughter?

Arriving at 5pm and departing at 1am. I wonder if it is worth it for access at least so we can reserve a family room and rest. Any advice or input is appreciated!
When I flew in January I was able to take a friend and two children into the lounge without issues.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by azhagan
When I flew in January I was able to take a friend and two children into the lounge without issues.
Were you flying in Business Classic ( R )?
What status to you, your friend and your children hold?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:04 am

Were you flying in Business Classic ( R )?
What status to you, your friend and your children hold?
I am AA Platinum so OneWorld Sapphire. I flew on a R ticket, and my friend and children (under 10 years both) did not have any status and were flying Y.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by azhagan
Sounds like they did you a favor.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds like they did you a favor.
I think they were nice to allow the older child in. The younger one was an infant, so shouldn't count toward the guest count. Maybe the OP who asked the question will have luck as well if they are nice
Old Jun 4, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Flying CGK-DOH-JFK tomorrow (05JUN). Any OW Emeralds on Biz R fare flown thru DOH last couple of days? Were you still admitted to AM as courtesy? I though I read somewhere that was stopping on June 1, but I could have dreamed it.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Flying CGK-DOH-JFK tomorrow (05JUN). Any OW Emeralds on Biz R fare flown thru DOH last couple of days? Were you still admitted to AM as courtesy? I though I read somewhere that was stopping on June 1, but I could have dreamed it.
I haven't flown but you will have lounge access at DOH as OWE. Probably AM which is being used by all passengers with lounge access, unless they have reopened the status-only lounges which have been closed for some while now. I don't recall anyone reporting that the status lounges have reopened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.