Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: A3,AA,AF,B6,DL,UA
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
@ crtravels : unfortunately no.
Figured - thanks!!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dnk95
Thank you guys! That really helps. Any advice on how to best use the lounge for a first time visitor?
If you need WiFi, go to the business center, bandwidth is slightly better there. Anywhere else it is lousy or unusable.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crtravels
If I fly inbound on QR J connecting to QR Y outbound (connecting award ticket issued on AA miles), would I have access to the lounge?
My assumption is that you would... If you're arriving in J (not upgraded) on a flight of 5 hours or more. Probably your next flight should be within 8 hours - and not sure if separate tickets would be an issue.

(The 5-hour rule always used to be the case anyway when upgrades were permitted into Al Mourjan and I'd upgraded only the first segment.)

Give it a try and let us know!
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict
My assumption is that you would... If you're arriving in J (not upgraded) on a flight of 5 hours or more. Probably your next flight should be within 8 hours - and not sure if separate tickets would be an issue.

(The 5-hour rule always used to be the case anyway when upgrades were permitted into Al Mourjan and I'd upgraded only the first segment.)

Give it a try and let us know!
would also be interested to know this. I will be arriving at DOH on an award J ticket (AA) then connecting flight is 7 hours later in Y. (Same award) my flight isn’t until March.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Hi there,

Does any of you know how in advance you can enter the lounge if your flight leaves at 7:00 am?

TIA
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by murilix
Hi there,

Does any of you know how in advance you can enter the lounge if your flight leaves at 7:00 am?

TIA
I don't think there are any restrictions, as long as you have a valid J ticket leaving Doha that day.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Garudamiles, Krisflyer and Qmiles
I have an 8 hour transit at DOH airport this sunday, from midnight til the morning, am I allowed to leave the lounge and come back whenever I want? Or is there only a one time access granted?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by KelvinatorNL
I have an 8 hour transit at DOH airport this sunday, from midnight til the morning, am I allowed to leave the lounge and come back whenever I want? Or is there only a one time access granted?
You can leave and re-enter the lounge as many times as you like. They will just check your boarding pass each time you enter.
KelvinatorNL likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Chris0815
I don't think there are any restrictions, as long as you have a valid J ticket leaving Doha that day.
So any time after midnight would be OK? I am planning to ditch the last hotel night... I can use Al Maha Transit Lounge for 4 hours w/ Lounge Key, so maybe I can get to the airport at 8-ish PM the night before, stay at the Al Maha and then head onto Al Mourjan...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
The shift of J-class QR Plats to Al Safwa seems to have had no impact whatsoever on the morning crowding. It's still very difficult to find a single seat during the busiest 60-minute window, unless you want to perch in the business centre.

There's a lot I love about Al Mourjan out of hours, but the bottom line is that the lounge is simply not up to scratch because the two most important things I look for whilst in transit - a shower and fast, reliable WiFi - are lacking at the time when I typically pass through.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:13 am

[QUOTE=crazyanglaisy;31749221]The shift of J-class QR Plats to Al Safwa seems to have had no impact whatsoever on the morning crowding. It's still very difficult to find a single seat during the busiest 60-minute window, unless you want to perch in the business centre.]

When is that busiest 60-minute window? I’ve found references in this thread to the busy period that everyone knows about, but I’m afraid as a relative novice to QR, I’m one of the seemingly few people who has no idea!

My observation from last Saturday was that when I arrived at 15:30 it was absolutely empty, it seemed to peak at extraordinarily busy at about 18:00, but when I left at 19:45 it was back down to ‘pretty busy’...

This week I pass through (on a Saturday) from 20:30 - 01:50. Id be grateful if anyone is able to share their observations. Thank you!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Tom London
This week I pass through (on a Saturday) from 20:30 - 01:50. Id be grateful if anyone is able to share their observations. Thank you!
First 2.5 hours: Tumbleweed
Last 2.5 hours: Tokyo subway rush hour
purple1addict and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:10 am

The times I typically stop in HIA Al Mourjan is always crazy busy, those are 11pm - 1am and 5am - 8 am.

Agree that this lounge, while very nice looking, is nothing special. Worst Wifi ever, so-so food, and during rush hour you really have to hunt for a seat. Next time I'm considering going to the Harrods Tea Room instead.

That said, still beats any Aspire I've ever been in...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
[QUOTE=Tom London;31749622]
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
The shift of J-class QR Plats to Al Safwa seems to have had no impact whatsoever on the morning crowding. It's still very difficult to find a single seat during the busiest 60-minute window, unless you want to perch in the business centre.]

When is that busiest 60-minute window? I’ve found references in this thread to the busy period that everyone knows about, but I’m afraid as a relative novice to QR, I’m one of the seemingly few people who has no idea!

My observation from last Saturday was that when I arrived at 15:30 it was absolutely empty, it seemed to peak at extraordinarily busy at about 18:00, but when I left at 19:45 it was back down to ‘pretty busy’...

It's typically between 6am and 7am in my experience. Late at night is also very busy, as others have said, but I find the early mornings to be a little worse.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Often the main connection time is around midnight to 3am, you can the place fill up quickly. Going south would be early in the window, going north would be later...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.