Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by hotlanta777777
we have an 8 hour layover but don't qualify for the free stay. Is there any good place to sleep at J lounge as the Airport Hotel charges a very steep $200+ for 8 hours' stay. Thanks.
There are nice quiet rooms/cubicles just past the Deli
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:29 am

was referring to Oryx airport hotel. I would assume we are eligible for al mourjan being on business?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Which one? Are you eligible for Al Mourjan?
was referring to Oryx airport hotel. I would assume we are eligible for al mourjan being on business?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Yes, indeed!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
From a recent visit, the smaller shower area nearer the deli bar is no longer a secret. I was number 25 in the queue. So had no chance of a shower.

Same for me, number 18....
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yes, indeed!
good to hear. have you had experience staying at the lounge for an extended period and getting some sleep? or do we really need to get a room at the airport hotel? Thanks,
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:00 pm

my opinion is you need to consider a hotel room but there are other options than Oryx Rotana that are the same distance from the airport. Crowne Plaza could be a decent option if you get a good rate and Uber works when you get a driver that makes it clear where he is waiting ;-)

Last edited by saint77; Apr 11, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
good to hear. have you had experience staying at the lounge for an extended period and getting some sleep? or do we really need to get a room at the airport hotel? Thanks,
Depends on how much sleep you need and how easy it is for you to sleep. I've always done fine in the back area near the showers behind the deli; but I don't need a lot of sleep and I nearly always sleep on the plane. OTOH if someone is snoring back there, you'll hear every inhale.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I will be going through on Saturday early morning and i will be looking forward to the Thai beef 'salad' which i had on the way over. Quite a nice salty dish to go with the hour of champers between planes...
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:53 am

I ll be arriving to Doha in business class from Kigali and then 19 hours later transferring to Delhi flight in economy ( two separate tickets and I ll spend the night in Doha hotel). I have heard that if you transfer from first to business you can use Al Safwa lounge. Will I be able to use Al Mourjan lounge in my case? I m Privillige club platinum.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Just had my flight get reshuffled by QR meaning my tight connection now gives me lounge time, Happy at that, Enjoyed this lounge the last time but hope for a slightly better food selection
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Karol100
I ll be arriving to Doha in business class from Kigali and then 19 hours later transferring to Delhi flight in economy ( two separate tickets and I ll spend the night in Doha hotel). I have heard that if you transfer from first to business you can use Al Safwa lounge. Will I be able to use Al Mourjan lounge in my case? I m Privillige club platinum.
I'm afraid you're in no luck, you'll be able to use the business class lounge in Kigali (if any), but not in Doha.
If you had booked the other way arround (economy into doha, out in business) this would have given you acces to Al Mourjan but also only if this was a cash business booking and not a miles/qcredit upgrade.

As a plat you will be able to use the First class & Business class lounges (not the same as Al Mourjan or Al Safwa) though.

Last edited by JasperT; Apr 14, 2018 at 6:21 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Arrival lounge access

Hi, I know that the famous lounges are now out of bound for qcredit upgraded tickets, but wanted to know if I can go to the arrivals lounge if I am on the upgraded business class ticket. I have a 9 hour layover on my outbound from ccu arriving at 6 AM would like to clear immigration take a shower and rest for a while and maybe visit a mall once it is open at 10 AM for a couple of hours before going back to the airport. My connecting flight is at 3 PM hence should reach airport by 1:30 PM to clear immigration and go to the gate, giving me some 3 hours in a mall in transit. Is the above doable.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I have just completed a full review of this lounge in my latest trip report here:

The World’s Best Business Class Experience to the City in a Garden
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:47 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Couldn't remember if it had always been the case, though I don't recall being so.

Al Mourjan appears to sell spa and massage services, which is seemingly accommodated at the Al Safwa Lounge Spa. The header in the spa menu specifically said Al Safwa.

I was offered this spa and massage service when waiting for a shower at the quiet area of Al Mourjan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.