QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Jun 20, 2024, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by whiterock001
Thank you, I guess the reason I even ask is uncertainty over the timing of transit security as well as I know certain flights load/unload on the tarmac a good distance away from the terminal and I’m not sure how much time I’d need to budget for taking the busses, etc. but your feedback gives me peace of mind. My primary objective will be to shower up. My wife’s will be to shop. LOL
Even with bussing & security (don't forget to use the Premium lane), you'll have plenty of time for AM Gardens. Enjoy it - it's a lovely lounge.
DiamondMile and whiterock001 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We have an 8+ hours layover in DOH and were booked into the Oryx Garden hotel. Is it allowed to hit the lunge after we land from the US, then go to the hotel for a nap, and then hit the lounge again before our departure to South Africa? We'd probably go to AM Gardens given that it's apparently close of the Oryx Garden hotel. Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2024, 3:45 pm

OK, After I arrived on May 7, 2024, from 18:00 to 24:30 it was not so busy, and from 23:30 to 7:00 it was very quiet.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by outgoing
We have an 8+ hours layover in DOH and were booked into the Oryx Garden hotel. Is it allowed to hit the lunge after we land from the US, then go to the hotel for a nap, and then hit the lounge again before our departure to South Africa? We'd probably go to AM Gardens given that it's apparently close of the Oryx Garden hotel. Thanks!
Yes you can. And you can go back and forth as many times as you want. When we've done the very same thing we felt better checking in first leaving our hand luggage, taking a shower and then visiting the lounge. Then back again before the flight after some rest.
outgoing and whiterock001 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 12:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
On flights from at least the U.S., and I assume the U.K., unless you arrive at a remote bus gate, they don't make you go through transit security. You just walk into the terminal.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
On flights from at least the U.S., and I assume the U.K., unless you arrive at a remote bus gate, they don't make you go through transit security. You just walk into the terminal.
Most flights seem to go through transit security. It does happen that passengers are let in to the departures area directly, but it really seems random when it happens. I have had it happen and not happen arriving from the same destination.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 1:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/Oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I just flew through DOH from DFW yesterday and we arrived at one of the remote bus gates. We did not have to go through any transit security. So it does seem like luck of the draw.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
That's simply not true. I fly U.S. to Doha regularly, at least 3/year, and while there have been a few occasions on which I was able to bypass transit security, they were far fewer than half or anything close to it. Regarding the U.K., I've only flown U.K. to Doha once, nearly a decade ago, and I don't recall, so I won't offer an opinion.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That's simply not true. I fly U.S. to Doha regularly, at least 3/year, and while there have been a few occasions on which I was able to bypass transit security, they were far fewer than half or anything close to it. Regarding the U.K., I've only flown U.K. to Doha once, nearly a decade ago, and I don't recall, so I won't offer an opinion.
Agreed. But people like certainty, and in this case the certainty is that some flights from some origins will be selected to bypass transit security, but not all flights from those origins, and not all origins.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 3:10 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by KingCanute
Agreed. But people like certainty, and in this case the certainty is that some flights from some origins will be selected to bypass transit security, but not all flights from those origins, and not all origins.
I think the background here is that there is an allowance for X % of flights to be exempted from transit security and that there are some parameters dictating the randomness of this. If it was fixed that certain flights were not screen there would be no security, and that is likely not the intention.

-A
KingCanute and whiterock001 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 9:25 am

Somehow I am 5 for 5. It would be 6 for 6, but the 6th time was a bus gate and we went through transit security.

From BKK or MNL to DOH? Through transit security every single time.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 11:20 am

Somehow I am 5 for 5. It would be 6 for 6, but the 6th time was a bus gate and we went through transit security.

From BKK or MNL to DOH? Through transit security every single time.
On my last 10 flights from the US (specifically MIA), remote stands included, I've not been through transit security either. But returning from South Asia, the Middle East and Africa I've had transit security every time. When I land in DOH from the US, I first look to see whether we get a gate at the terminal. Then a pass on security. I've had less luck with gates.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by saveri
On my last 10 flights from the US (specifically MIA), remote stands included, I've not been through transit security either. But returning from South Asia, the Middle East and Africa I've had transit security every time. When I land in DOH from the US, I first look to see whether we get a gate at the terminal. Then a pass on security. I've had less luck with gates.
Your experience mirrors mine.

"I've had less luck with gates."

Perhaps you meant BUS gates in that final sentence?
Old Jul 3, 2024, 12:25 am

I've bypassed security arriving from BKK in the past, although I fly that route very regularly and haven't bypassed it for several years. But someone else here reported it happening for them recently on that same route.

One person flipping ten tails in a row doesn't mean others aren't flipping heads with the same coin...
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2024, 2:50 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KingCanute
I've bypassed security arriving from BKK in the past, although I fly that route very regularly and haven't bypassed it for several years. But someone else here reported it happening for them recently on that same route.

One person flipping ten tails in a row doesn't mean others aren't flipping heads with the same coin...
As I've posted before, there are a couple of flagship flight numbers where I'm now more than ten flips in a row of bypassing transit security but it is clearly not foolproof. You should also keep an eye out for a member of staff at the gate when disembarking directing you through the doors straight to airside. Arrived on one of those two flights last month with the usual J cabin full of extreme DYKWIAs pushing their way to the front to disembark first, I was maybe the sixth or seventh person off but everyone in front of me followed the first person charging straight up the escalator ignoring the staff around the gate and so I was the first person to go through the doors straight into the C concourse. They all got to enjoy transit security because they had no patience / thought they knew best

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.