QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Sep 24, 23, 9:29 am
  #2371  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 326
Iím flying Phl-mle via DOH business class R. Phl-Doh is Aa metal; Doh-Mle is Qr metal Aa flight number. Super bummed that the phl-doh flight has changed to Aa. Both legs were operated by QR when I booked the flight!


having said that Iím just double checking that I will have access to Al Mourjan. Iím aa executive platinum/ow emerald and by my read if I fly aa and am owe I have access but that wasnít the case in the past so not sure if thatís old info. Plus I am outbound doh-mle on qr business r so hopefully thatís enough on its own. Anyone know? Tia
erdoran is offline  
Old Sep 24, 23, 12:11 pm
  #2372  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Programs: QR Gold
Posts: 751
Originally Posted by erdoran
Iím flying Phl-mle via DOH business class R. Phl-Doh is Aa metal; Doh-Mle is Qr metal Aa flight number. Super bummed that the phl-doh flight has changed to Aa. Both legs were operated by QR when I booked the flight!


having said that Iím just double checking that I will have access to Al Mourjan. Iím aa executive platinum/ow emerald and by my read if I fly aa and am owe I have access but that wasnít the case in the past so not sure if thatís old info. Plus I am outbound doh-mle on qr business r so hopefully thatís enough on its own. Anyone know? Tia
hi, yes of course you will have access to Al Mourjan. I use it on my Finnair flights all the time
erdoran likes this.
QatarA340 is online now  
Old Sep 24, 23, 12:45 pm
  #2373  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,018
Originally Posted by nexus007
I’ve got a 10-hour layover coming up on a trip with a couple of friends
Earlier this year, on the outbound portion we had an 8 hour layover in DOH, which we spent in the lounge(s)- ate, showered, got a sleep room for a few hours (... good luck "sleeping" on an S-shaped lounge)

The one thing we wish we looked into was the Doha tours that run out of the airport. Depending on your schedule, it might be interesting (looks inexpensive).
https://www.discoverqatar.qa/transit-tours/

On the return, we arrived DOH at 10:00PM, and our connection was at 7:50AM, so we opted for the Oryx airport hotel. It wasn't inexpensive (~$299USD all-in), but it was super convenient- basically walk from your gate to the hotel. We were happy we did.
nexus007 likes this.
WannaTheater is offline  
Old Sep 25, 23, 5:38 am
  #2374  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 345
At the Al Mourjan Garden Lounge now, coming from long-haul J (KUL-DOH) connecting to regional Y (DOH-DXB).

Upon checking in, just presented both onward and incoming boarding passes and no questions asked to let me in.
nexus007 likes this.
sushimaru is offline  
Old Sep 25, 23, 7:42 am
  #2375  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by sushimaru
At the Al Mourjan Garden Lounge now, coming from long-haul J (KUL-DOH) connecting to regional Y (DOH-DXB).

Upon checking in, just presented both onward and incoming boarding passes and no questions asked to let me in.
Thank you for confirming! I shall do the same for my upcoming Dec trip.
sushimaru likes this.

Last edited by nexus007; Sep 25, 23 at 8:46 pm
nexus007 is offline  
Old Sep 27, 23, 4:15 am
  #2376  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Zurich
Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Posts: 470
We'll be flying with QR ZRH-DOH-MLE with 2 adults in Business and 1 child in Economy. Do you know whether they would allow us to bring our daughter into the lounge was well ? Otherwise it's my wife and daughter...
huegli is offline  
Old Sep 27, 23, 4:20 am
  #2377  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 19,953
Originally Posted by huegli
We'll be flying with QR ZRH-DOH-MLE with 2 adults in Business and 1 child in Economy. Do you know whether they would allow us to bring our daughter into the lounge was well ? Otherwise it's my wife and daughter...
No guests in the Al Mourjan lounges. I am guessing that as your daughter is old enough to sit alone in Y, she is old enough to count as a guest.

If you have status, the gold or platinum lounges allows for guests
babyg_wc and DiamondMile like this.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Oct 1, 23, 11:38 pm
  #2378  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 69
Has anyone recently purchased access to the AM or Garden Lounge (or AS?) What was the price? Can you pay with Avios at the lounge?

Last time I was there, I was on a business class ticket, so I could go in, and they said that on a business lite ticket I could still purchase access to AM or AM-Garden if there was room on that day, but I forgot to ask the price.
YYZPolarBear is offline  
Old Oct 2, 23, 4:41 am
  #2379  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Krakow
Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 5,057
Originally Posted by YYZPolarBear
Has anyone recently purchased access to the AM or Garden Lounge (or AS?) What was the price? Can you pay with Avios at the lounge?

Last time I was there, I was on a business class ticket, so I could go in, and they said that on a business lite ticket I could still purchase access to AM or AM-Garden if there was room on that day, but I forgot to ask the price.
On my current business lite ticket I am being offered to purchase Al Mourjan lounge access for 352 QAR. I assume that include the AM garden access, there is no specific offer for AM garden. I assume the walk up price would be the same.

You should be able to check on the purchase lounge access options in your booking.

You will not get a price offered online for AS as your ticket does not allow for AM access.

i am not seeing any option to pay with Avios
scottishpoet is offline  
Old Oct 3, 23, 10:06 am
  #2380  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Programs: Sindbad Gold, Etihad Gold and no status with anyone else!
Posts: 137
Dior Spa

Did someone say the Dior Spa is now open? Please could someone post a photo of the spa menu return prices? I have a long stay coming up and may treat myself.
I miss the days of free treatments at the old Oman Air mini spa in Muscat.
aphro is offline  
Old Oct 3, 23, 11:04 am
  #2381  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,760
Originally Posted by aphro
Did someone say the Dior Spa is now open? Please could someone post a photo of the spa menu return prices? I have a long stay coming up and may treat myself.
I miss the days of free treatments at the old Oman Air mini spa in Muscat.
Still looks closed as of 90 seconds ago.

Schwann is offline  
Old Oct 3, 23, 12:26 pm
  #2382  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Programs: Sindbad Gold, Etihad Gold and no status with anyone else!
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by Schwann
Still looks closed as of 90 seconds ago.

Thank you (that was fast!)
Schwann likes this.
aphro is offline  
Old Oct 6, 23, 11:14 pm
  #2383  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Posts: 215
I have a connection at DOH with arrival in QR J and departure in EY J next morning after 10am. It's a single PNR one-way AA award ticket. Can I use the AM lounge in the morning? I'll be staying at a hotel overnight.
pichalite is offline  
Old Oct 6, 23, 11:17 pm
  #2384  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 19,953
Originally Posted by pichalite
I have a connection at DOH with arrival in QR J and departure in EY J next morning after 10am. It's a single PNR one-way AA award ticket. Can I use the AM lounge in the morning? I'll be staying at a hotel overnight.
You don't have a departing OW J flight, so you can't use the AM. You can access the designated lounge from EY
Abidjan likes this.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Oct 7, 23, 6:43 pm
  #2385  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK
Programs: EK Silver, Qatar Burgundy, BA Silver
Posts: 10
QR F Short Haul Connecting to J Long Haul

Flying QR F DMM-DOH connecting DOH-MAN in J on QR (Burgundy FF with QR). I tried reading the OW lounge access rules but just wanting some clarity: will I be able to access AS as arriving into DOH on F (arriving and departing before 0600) or shall I just head to AM? Thanks!
flyingdoc007 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.