Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It very much depends if the business fare purchased includes lounge access and what status they hold.

Anything but a lite fare allows Al Mourjan lounge and if she is on lite with status then either the Silver, Gold or Platinum lounge based on status.

If they are on a lite fare and have no status then all lounges will be chargeable but the best is Al Mourjan as you can’t purchase Al Safwa first access without already having the business lounge included.

Last edited by Neilgcal; Jul 27, 2022 at 7:07 am
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:07 pm

She is on a business class D ticket with no status
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Business ticketed in D affords lounge access so Al Mourjan is the lounge to head to.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:29 pm

That’s exactly where she is now
Thank you
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:37 am

I have an upcoming flight operated by QR(273) in J but booked and marketed as WY(6323). Does that grant me access to this lounge?
And for 8h40m transit time, is it worth the paid upgrade to AS instead?
Thank you in advance
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:05 am

Just to confirm, I should have AM access with the following itinerary booked via an AA reward:

1. JFK-DOH in biz (12hr 35min) arriving at 5:30pm
2. DOH-SEZ in economy (4hr 50min) departing at 2:30am next day

Access should be granted because the connecting flight in economy is: (1) shorter than the biz arriving segment; (2) less than 5hr; (3) departing before 6am the next day. Hopefully I haven't missed any of the rules!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flayum
Just to confirm, I should have AM access with the following itinerary booked via an AA reward:

1. JFK-DOH in biz (12hr 35min) arriving at 5:30pm
2. DOH-SEZ in economy (4hr 50min) departing at 2:30am next day

Access should be granted because the connecting flight in economy is: (1) shorter than the biz arriving segment; (2) less than 5hr; (3) departing before 6am the next day. Hopefully I haven't missed any of the rules!
The one world rules does grant you business class lounge access, but as the AM does not count as an OW lounge, they could send you to the newly opened Gold Lounge and be in line with the rules. I have not yet heard how they manage it after the Gold Lounge opened.
flayum likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The one world rules does grant you business class lounge access, but as the AM does not count as an OW lounge, they could send you to the newly opened Gold Lounge and be in line with the rules. I have not yet heard how they manage it after the Gold Lounge opened.
True unless the JFK>DOH J flight is a QR flight. Generally AA award fligths don't even book as a code share but as a QR flight operated by QR.
flayum likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
If I were to fly US-DOH in business, but DOH-EU in economy, would I still get Al Mourjan access til my next flight?

2nd segment would be the next day.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
If I were to fly US-DOH in business, but DOH-EU in economy, would I still get Al Mourjan access til my next flight?

2nd segment would be the next day.
Next day, and a lot of EU flights being above 5 hours. Not looking good. What is the specific connection?
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
I'm connecting next week through Doha with 3 children under 10 all in business but we have a 5 hr layover with lounge access to Al Mourjan but how do I go about booking a 'quiet room' for a few hours?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson
I'm connecting next week through Doha with 3 children under 10 all in business but we have a 5 hr layover with lounge access to Al Mourjan but how do I go about booking a 'quiet room' for a few hours?
can't book in advance - first come first serve. Unless your layover is at night I think you'd be better off letting the children explore the airport and the lounge (which is quite large) so they get a bit tired for your next flight rather than being in a confined "quiet room" where if they play or are noisy they'll just disturb others who are trying to sleep ( no walls - all open area with partitions)
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by estnet
can't book in advance - first come first serve. Unless your layover is at night I think you'd be better off letting the children explore the airport and the lounge (which is quite large) so they get a bit tired for your next flight rather than being in a confined "quiet room" where if they play or are noisy they'll just disturb others who are trying to sleep ( no walls - all open area with partitions)
They do have a so called "family area" as well (left side when you enter the Deli) , with sofa and seats and little bit of privacy - but this is an area but not a own room (no walls) between the partitions. Nevertheless, nobody should be "disturbed by kids playing" there, as it is "Family area". We used that area multiple times already.
Wish you a great flight :-)

Last edited by Traveller999; Aug 12, 2022 at 12:16 am
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
We'll be getting into the lounge around their bedtime so I would a darkened space just to get the little one down or he'll get over-tired & excited.
Thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
We'll be getting into the lounge around their bedtime so I would a darkened space just to get the little one down or he'll get over-tired & excited.
Thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated.
I think you'll struggle. The sleeping area is perpetually full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.