QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:01 pm

No you won't be able to guest him in. If he is flying QR you could guest him into the Oneworld lounge
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:26 pm

italdesign if you look at https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/l...l-mourjan.html and https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/lounges.html you can see "Access is for Qatar Airways and oneworld First Class and Business Class passengers only.". That means No guests or OW status passengers allowed.

I have requested the moderators move this to the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html where there is much more information available.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
[QUOTE=Assimilated Cajun;28260810My lounge experience did not begin well: after I emerged from the transit security line I followed the signs to the business class lounge, only to find that the signs had led me in a circle and I was back where I had started. So I asked an official-looking person (there were a lot of them around) who directed me to an escalator. [/QUOTE]

Not the first, and won't be the last to make that mistake. The signage in the airport is utterly disgraceful - always has been.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
My lounge experience did not begin well: after I emerged from the transit security line I followed the signs to the business class lounge, only to find that the signs had led me in a circle and I was back where I had started. So I asked an official-looking person (there were a lot of them around) who directed me to an escalator.
IIRC Al Mourjan is located directly above (or is it below) transfer security. I think that if you take the elevators instead of escalators when leaving transfer security you can stop on the AM level. Warning, my memory is a little vague here, but it's something like this.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
IIRC Al Mourjan is located directly above (or is it below) transfer security. I think that if you take the elevators instead of escalators when leaving transfer security you can stop on the AM level. Warning, my memory is a little vague here, but it's something like this.
AM is above transfer security.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

The Business Class lounge is up an escalator to the left behind the brainwashed teddy bear.
Al Mourjan is above the security area for arrivals at A gates, D gates, even numbered C gates and buses from that side of the airport.

There is a separate security, under Al Safwa, for B gates, E gates, odd numbered C gates and buses from the seaward side of the airport. The train may change this since each train stops at one of the security areas depending upon which side of the airport it is on but you sometimes can chose sides.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
In al mourjan now 6.28 AM, super busy, dry and a bit of a wait for showers. Enjoying a nice freshly made sandwich and OJ though!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
When I was in DOH a week ago transiting from HBE to ADL (in F/J class), I thought I'd take a look at the 1st class lounge for Emerald FF's, as I will be transiting DOH in Y later this year (only shortish flights though).

Although it was quite a bit smaller than al Mourjan, I quite liked it, particularly the help-yourself approach to food/beverages, which doesn't seem to be available in al Mourjan.

I must say I'm not a great fan of waiter service and tended bars in airport lounges (al Safwa excepted).

Just a few random thoughts...
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by Reds2011
Not the first, and won't be the last to make that mistake. The signage in the airport is utterly disgraceful - always has been.
Yes same thing happened to me also first time visitor 9 June 7PM there are no signs to the lounge & it would be welcome to have proper signage there must have been a total of 30 people in the lounge,the chairs are not designed for couples at all being back to back, plus the moment I stepped into the toilet a worker wanted my attention & beckoned me to come over,I was only there to do my business not be charmed by a stranger,upon finishing I washed my hands & the worker came across & turned the tap on for me after it had stopped.

I must say that the staff in the general area are very good & friendly.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I'm flying QR in J, but am OWE. Which lounge is better? Al Mourjan or OWE First? Thanks. Or are they close and both worth checking out?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by jday
I'm flying QR in J, but am OWE. Which lounge is better? Al Mourjan or OWE First? Thanks. Or are they close and both worth checking out?
Al Mourjan without a doubt!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:20 pm

jday if you look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...s-hia-167.html you will see that the Al Mourjan lounge is by far the better lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: FB Platinum
i feel like ive been 'spamming' the QR forums lately, but just really excited about my first J QR flight (actually my first long-haul J flight on any airline, only done short-mid hauls before).

not sure if this is the right thread to ask. but i am on QR943-QR269 in 2 weeks. original flight time departing DOH on 269 has been changed from 1520 to 1500, and arrival from 1900 to 1930 in LCA, i guess the longer flight times to accommodate for the extra distance due to the ATC blockade.

from flightaware, i see that QR943 has been arriving in DOH about 15-30mins late (1315-1330) for the past 1-2 weeks, again presumably due to the gulf situation.

its my first J flight, so would really like to spend some (reasonable) time in the AM lounge.

assuming my incoming flight arrives around 15-30mins later as recent history suggests, and the earlier departure of my connecting flight, that gives me about 1h30mins (down from 2h10mins).

does that give me time to clear all checkpoints and still have reasonable time in the lounge (i would guess an hour) before having to leave to board my next flight?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:51 am

natcin even 90 minutes transit time will give you some time in the lounge.
You may find the QR dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html helpful. It certainly has a lot of useful information.

The only 'Checkpoint' in your transit is security, and boarding gate controls, so it is a very easy transit.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: FB Platinum
okay thanks! are there business class priority lanes for security, and if so are they enforced?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.